The Gym Etiquette Paradox

Options

Replies

• sivbente
    sivbente Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Notting is worse than bad group instructors (maybe bad personal trainers, but my personal trainer are good so that's not a problem for me). I had one this saturday and after the class I was so annoyed and everything else that was not right, became completly wrong. (After a good workout I'm to tiered to care abouth anything).
  • susanwair
    susanwair Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You are hysterical - thanks for the smile:smile:
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I can't share :(

Gym or food, it doesn't matter! I'd rather buy you what I'm eating then let you eat it!
    I stopped going to the gym when I realized other people don't understand how to share as well.
    I have my own home gym, it rocks. The only people allowed in it are people who do what I say.
    I still can't share!

;)
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The only ones I don't like at the gym are similar to the ones you don't like, but more so the ones who hog the equipment as if it is theirs (I sometimes point out that I have a membership, too) preventing me from getting my workout done in a timely manner. Women are more likely to share since some of them are pretending to work out just the way we may be pretending to work, as I am right now, typing on this site rather than grading papers.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    competition. meathead(ball)s=competition for you. you want to make them look bad. little old lady=adore the ground you walk on. you have to keep that **** around to make you feel good.
    Actually, most old ladies... and most people... are absolutely terrified of me. Not kidding. In fact, ironically, the only living things that are not initially scared of me are puppies and babies. I make adults cry... yet I can't peel puppies and infants off of me. I have no idea why.

I just creeped hardcore on your profile, 6'3 and 270? Firearms instructor for the military? have a brain? have a black bely in multiple disciplines? shiiiiiiiiit, wanna get married? lol
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    You don't wanna marry me. I'm pretty sure just liking me is now a violation of the Community Guidelines here. (The mods have a dartboard with my crotch on it.)
  • sisierra
    Options
    well d@mn, can we at least go steady? lololololol... but seriously though -.-

haha, but i agree with everyone else. Competition. and old people are just cute
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options

Did you just call me old?
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I guess I am too self-absorbed when I am in the gym. I throw my ipod on, read the news and go at it.
  • brendasteve
    brendasteve Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, love this. Thanks for the laugh while i sit at my desk and actually pretend to work!:tongue:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    At my gym, there are these three pretty little (and skinny!) girls who keep asking me silly questions that could really wait until later. They also tend to watch me and giggle. Then there's this good-looking guy who keeps grabbing my butt and calling me "sexy."

Oh, wait. My gym's at home. Those girls are my kids, and that guy's my hubby! Guess there's not much to do about any of them but love 'em!

PS: No Mabel's here, but there is a fairly elderly kitty who is prone to hairballs...

Too cute!

:laugh: :heart:
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If another meathead were to approach me in the gym and very politely ask if he may use the dumbells whenever I finish doing curls, I'd instinctively have a burning desire to punch him in the face, then pee in every corner of the weight-room, just so he'd know that everything in there is mine.

I'm trying real hard to stifle my laughter, since I'm in the middle of a quiet office. That's hilarious.
  • schmidty13
    schmidty13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Gorilla, my guess is that you're from the Northeast (so am I, btw) where there is definitely a strong competitive vibe. Since living in Texas for the last 10 years I've grown more patient and tolerant of others. I think maybe it has to do with people being more polite and friendlier or maybe I'm just older. Anyway, I'm the one who's benefited from this because I'm not angry or on edge all the time.

Wait, what? Texas?
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I could care less about the meat heads, the ones that chap my hide are the women who are in the weight area on a machine, do maybe one set, and sit and talk for 20 minutes. :grumble:
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't know man. I can understand your perspective though...I guess it's just not that serious for me. Just tryna get a quick 60 minute swole and bounce back onto life.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    competition. meathead(ball)s=competition for you. you want to make them look bad. little old lady=adore the ground you walk on. you have to keep that **** around to make you feel good.
    Actually, most old ladies... and most people... are absolutely terrified of me. Not kidding. In fact, ironically, the only living things that are not initially scared of me are puppies and babies. I make adults cry... yet I can't peel puppies and infants off of me. I have no idea why.

**haha, funny post! "nice form" lols

Babies find "pretty people" with soothing voices to be more appealing. The also tend to feel safer in bigger arms.
    Puppies like pretty much anyone that pets, plays or feeds them.

When I'm at the gym, most people don't exist in my world. I have a set routine of machines I use, in no particular order, so if someone is using it, I use a different one.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You don't wanna marry me. I'm pretty sure just liking me is now a violation of the Community Guidelines here. (The mods have a dartboard with my crotch on it.)

You mean there's a pic of your crotch on the internet?? :love:
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    *like* the Original Post

that is all.
  • sisierra
    Options

You mean there's a pic of your crotch on the internet?? :love:

this! lolololol
  • sisierra
    Options

Did you just call me old?

whaaaat? i was talking about the granny mabel bit -.-