Calories in Lip Gloss/Chap Stick???

Options
I just realized something- how many extra calories a day am I ingesting in lip gloss/chap stick?

According to a 2002 Glamour magazine article, women inadvertently consume ~4lbs of lipstick in a lifetime!!!!

I don't wear much actual lipstick, but I use a lot of chap stick- primarily Burt's Bees or Yes to Carrots brands, which are made of Coconut oil and Beeswax. Beeswax, as far as I know is indigestible, but coconut oil is 9cal/g saturated fat!!!

Have I been sabotaging my diet efforts in the quest for kissable lips?

Replies

• xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what to say to this one.

love it.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    my first thought was "WHAT?" but i think you are serious....so this is my response....unless you are actually putting it in your mouth and swallowing it...i think you should not worry about chapstick calories. that would be like worrying about ice in your water for logging hydration consumption. put the chapstick on, make your lips look good and go work out!! :flowerforyou:
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    This explains EVERYTHING.
  • MUMommy
    MUMommy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would assume...just walking to the mirror and lifting your hand to your lips would burn the calories involved! I wear it everyday and will not stress about those calories.
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    and btw....cool shoes!
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Never thought about it but your right. I go through a tube a week from bath & body.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    i heard if you drive by mcdonalds or burger king and the smell of the food is in the air you have to add those calories to your daily count

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jagspal
    jagspal Posts: 75
    Options
    Yikes! I think it's worth it though!