Calories in Lip Gloss/Chap Stick???

Options

Replies

• tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    No wonder I'm overweight... but I do have kissable lips! :)
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    better yet, apply the chap stick while walking.
  • Tracyst518
    Tracyst518 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I think your biggest danger would be from the Burt's Bees chapstick. It's made form beeswax which will still have traces of honey in it. Honey being sugar will cause an insulin spike and cause your body to hold onto its fat. Even though the quantity is low it is being introduced into your system transdermally so it's an instant shot of sugar to your bloodstream rather than a slower absorption through your digestive tract.

So, I can sue Burt's Bees for making me a type II diabetic! Brilliant!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    When I open my mouth to speak some particles in the air get in my mouth. How do I log that? Does anyone know how many calories are in an average gulp of air?

I heard that if you wear really sticky glossy lipstick it catches some of the air particles on their way in. Kinda like flypaper. That way you can't swallow and digest the air particles. Reduced-calorie air! Yay!

Speaking of the flypaper effect, maybe sticky lip gloss will help with the bugs-in-the-teeth problem so many of you runners and cyclists are talking about...

Oh NOES! I have this really sticky one from Bath and Body works that tastes DELICIOUS. So you're telling me I'm catching extra stuff in it and then ingesting all of it?!?

I didn't think of that.

Goddang all this conflicting science!!! WHO do we believe???
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the bee body parts also in the wax. Even more calories, but probably some protein as well.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    one word...

semen.

:huh:

Is that in chap stick??? No wonder it tasted so familiar.

Again- all protein.. But maybe the wrong lips

LOL
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I would assume...just walking to the mirror and lifting your hand to your lips would burn the calories involved! I wear it everyday and will not stress about those calories.

This!
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    1tHeh.jpg

:laugh:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    1tHeh.jpg

THIS IS THE BEST!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I think your biggest danger would be from the Burt's Bees chapstick. It's made form beeswax which will still have traces of honey in it. Honey being sugar will cause an insulin spike and cause your body to hold onto its fat. Even though the quantity is low it is being introduced into your system transdermally so it's an instant shot of sugar to your bloodstream rather than a slower absorption through your digestive tract.

So, I can sue Burt's Bees for making me a type II diabetic! Brilliant!
    You might be able to get some sort of class action deal together.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the bee body parts also in the wax. Even more calories, but probably some protein as well.
    Protein doesn't ingest transdermally like sugar does.
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Have I been sabotaging my diet efforts in the quest for kissable lips?

Yes. You are in fact, ****ed.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If you're honestly worried about the calories from lip stick, you need a new hobby... like setting yourself on fire :)

RUDE!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    holy crap. and what about the calories from makeup osmosis!? we're all screwed.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You should really look into moisturizing lotion. I mean, if it's putting moisture into my skin, isn't that just causing me to gain water weight and thusly GAIN WEIGHT? LOTION IS MAKING ME FATTer!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    If you're honestly worried about the calories from lip stick, you need a new hobby... like setting yourself on fire :)

"Burning" calories. Get it?!?!
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    "RUDE!"

Oh how sweet of you to notice :) I'm serious though... take the time it took you to post this, read through it, and call me rude, and spend that same time doing jumping jacks every day, you'll burn more calories than you would get from eating 5 sticks of lipstick a day.

Oh, there's fishscales in most shiny make up... don't eat that, you might get a lot of mercury!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    "RUDE!"

Oh how sweet of you to notice :) I'm serious though... take the time it took you to post this, read through it, and call me rude, and spend that same time doing jumping jacks every day, you'll burn more calories than you would get from eating 5 sticks of lipstick a day.

Oh, there's fishscales in most shiny make up... don't eat that, you might get a lot of mercury!

You should see a doctor about your missing funny bone.