Whats your current NSV (non scale victory)

Options

Replies

• agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I went on a 6 mile hike yesterday. There is no way I could've done that 89 pounds ago.
  • Sharlaew
    Sharlaew Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jean that I really wanted to wear again. I decided the other day to try them on and see how much more I need to loose so they would fit. To my surprise, I had to wear a belt to keep them up! Time to start cleaning out my closet.
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I had a student give me a candy bar last week. I carried it around in my purse all week and today I gave it back to her when she got a good grade on something! I resisted eating it and it was my FAVORITE kind!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I've only been on here 6 days - have already lost 5lbs - and I have several NSV's:

1. I can look down at my boobs and my stomach isn't sticking out further than THEY are....
    2. My boobs are not falling out of my bra as much....
    3. Instead of buying candy for the kids at Halloween, I bought fun little Halloween erasers and things like that - so there will be NO candy leftover! (That was a tough one!)
    4. I have eaten totally healthy for 6 days straight and a smidge under the 1200 calorie mark every day (yay!)
    5. I have drank 8 glasses of water EVERY day for 6 days straight - that's a biggie!

I haven't even started working out yet... I figured I needed to get solid with this "healthy eating" part before I flip a gasket from not taking "baby steps" and end up at a fast food place! :)
  • misskariw
    misskariw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I was able to actually reach my foot when we stretched them behind us in our class this morning. Haha
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had to find a place to post this NSV, third day doing 50 min on my elliptical!!!!! (so never thought I could do that already), and today I did 4.8 miles (10.5 min mile) my best time so far!!!! I can not wait till my next NSV (10 min mile)
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've had a few this past week.

Most of my socks are ankle length because higher socks bite into my leg. I wore a pair of higher socks this week and had no ring around my leg after taking them off. My lower leg has decreased in size enough that my tall socks are comfy.

Earlier this week I decided to wear a belt that I rarely wear. I put it on but couldn't wear it because the last hole was at least 4 inches from where I needed one. (The tag end of my regular belt is passing through three loops beyond the buckle now.)

With cooler weather coming out, I've gotten out some of my long legged workout/lounge pants. They all fall off with the drawstring tied where it was when I last wore them in the spring.

Yesterday it started raining right as I getting ready to head out to the car for work. I grabbed a jacket that was given to me by the company I used to work for. Although it was the largest size available at the time, I have never been able to wear it correctly and zip it up. I figured what the hell and gave it a try. It zipped right up and fit fine. "I'm singing in the rain"

One of my former co-workers that had switched to another group asked another person in my group if I was sick or something because I had dropped a lot of weight.

And finally a scale victory. Sixteen years ago at the age of 21 I was working second shift in a factory while going to college. I weighed myself on the inventory scale since I was over capacity on regular scales. I weighed something like 466 or 468 pounds. This week I weighed in at 458 pounds. While that's still extremely heavy, it's less than I've weighed in 16 years.

Keep up the great work everybody!
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just sat and read this thread at work and I have a massive smile on my face, all your NSVs are awesome! :)

Mine:

- Yesterday I couldn't wait to get out of work and go to the gym, okay yes I still had some anxiety when I got to the gym (damn those skinny blonde women who kept exercising next to me) but I wanted to go there which is a big deal for me :)

- My smart black trousers are starting to fall off me so I'm going to need to go down a size :)
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I had to climb into the church's 10-passanger van last night. That has always been a real challenge. Last night... no problem.
  • Squeeee
    Squeeee Posts: 71
    Options
    I realized this morning that by this time last year, I would've already purchased and consumed at LEAST one bag of Halloween candy (sweets are one of my big weak spots). This year, halfway through the month, I haven't purchased a single one.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I resisted victoria sponge cake

that is a very big deal for me. Going to the gym later, gunna SMASH IT HULK STYLE!
  • ladioffaith
    Options
    I am too heavy for my scale at home so I weigh myself at a doctor's office. (My current goal is to lose enough to weigh at home by the end of the year because I plan to change doctors.)

So I only weigh myself every 10-14 days or so.

Yesterday I wore a pair of stretch jeans. These always relax on the second day of wearing. But yesterday I could pull them down without unbuttoning or unzipping. Today I am wearing another pair that was once too tight to wear comfortably. They seem too baggy.

I am noticing this site is helping me shave calories and I didn't notice it. Yesterday I shaved about 200 calories off lunch/snack. I only ate half the crackers in a pack of 6 and left the butter off my peanut butter sandwich.
  • asmallermeplz
    asmallermeplz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Ribs I now have them... :bigsmile:
    A friend at work gave me a hug today and said "wow you are so much smaller!!!"
    My first 5k this Saturday..
    I HAVE HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME READING ALL OF THIS; WE SHOULD ALL BE SO VERY PROUD!!!!!!
  • sarahmichelle876
    Options
    My pants literally FALLING off. If I don't wear a belt, someone is going to see butt. Lol.
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I had a totally awesome NSV today!

While I was riding my mare, my mom mentioned that the saddle went from too big to too small (I've only been working on this for 6 weeks, and no where near my goal!).

This was followed up by my mare spooking (she traveled b/w 30 and 40 feet in less than a second), and with this much of a spook, even when I rode horse two or three times a day, I would not have stayed on...I didn't even have a chance to grab the saddle horn with my hand before I'd gotten her calmed down and...was STILL IN THE SADDLE!

I was so relieved that I had not landed in the dirt, I was literally holding Zaida in and doubled over laughing! My mother said it looked like the gym was REALLY paying off toward that goal because my legs and balance were able to compensate for the sudden sideways/forward motion!
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Going to the pub with hubby on Tues and ordering a soda with lime juice, NOT an alcoholic drink and NOT a sugary soft drink :)
  • JenNuma
    JenNuma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started my journey to get healthy in mid march. In mid July we went to visit our son. If he noticed anything he didn't comment. Last week I went for another visit. When he picked me up at the airport, I had the door open and my suitcase put in the back seat before he could get out of the truck. When I looked up at him he was just sitting there looking at me... I looked at him and said what? What???? He continues just looking at me and he says " Mom you, you, look so fit " So worth all the hard work!!!
  • runninpal
    Options
    Going to get another pair of jeans in the size 14. Coming home with a size 14 and a size 12. I wanted to see how close i was to getting into them. Try on size 12 and have them a little tight but they fit. Took size 14 jeans back and got another size 12 jeans.
  • ladioffaith
    Options
    Mad at myself for buying new jeans before deciding to go this road. Non returnable. They fit OK except they're too long.

I actually have 2 scales in my house. I may be small enough for one of them but don't know where my friends put the top part that shows the NUMBERS.
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did a 50 minute spin class and then ran 3km on the treadmill straight after.

Pretty happy considering my cardio sucks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!