Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    ButterflyWood - If any of your household is a little technical you maight find a way to fix the xbox 360

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Xbox-360-error-codes.htm
    I know I have fixed a few Playstaions by putting thermal compound on the processor and reheating the solder to reflow the connections.

Wednesday wish is that this move would get done at work.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wed Wish- That I could close my eyes open them up and all the issues I have would be solved. I am very blessed in many ways the bad is just out weighing the good right at this moment.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Praying everyone is having a wonderful week. I was with my granddaughter, Madi for 3 hours and had a good time pushing her in the swing, counting to 3 and saying go on the slide and playing baby dolls. We have so much fun, I praise God for her every day! I keep increasing the length of my walk as long as my body holds out. I'm holding my own with the predisone which makes me very happy, just wish I could get more than 3 to 4 hours a sleep a day:grumble: :grumble: : I see my doc. for 3 month check up on Friday and praying I am under 250. Right now I'm at 249.5 but that's in the am in my undies and I weigh in at the doc's dressed and at 3:30pm. I know he will be happy with whatever I lose. That is my Wednesday wish.

Welcome back to those who took breaks, to all those plugging away you are doing great. Love you all.

Christine
  • kittyx2
    kittyx2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome :smile: .

I'm having a hard time just yet giving up soda. I managed to stop caffeine back in August, first time in my adult life I've been caffeine-free! But I switched to caffeine-free Coke and/or Pepsi. So I guess I am more addicted to sugar than I ever was to caffeine. :embarassed:

Great tip about checking out exercise videos on You Tube--I've never thought to do that! I would definitely want a trial run before investing in a DVD. Some of these workouts can be too much for someone starting out & discourage me more than motivate me.

My Wednesday wish is that I'll someday be a mom. And I want to be the healthiest & active mom I can be, not the mom who won't put on a bathing suit & get in the pool for fear of embarrassment.

Going to try & do at least 30 minutes of cardio tonight, last night was a bust--worked late & wanted to watch the debates.

Hope everyone is having a great day, Friday will be here soon!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I've lost 4lbs in 3weeks. Probably could have done better but happy with these results. My wish for today is that I follow good sense and make good choices while out of town. Just my granddaughter and "I are going and we are going to Orlando. I should do a lot of walking. Hope my back doesnt give out, which is sometimes does. I have a better sense of well being following the anti inflammatory diet. I just dont concentrate as much on food.

mnwalkingqueen - My thoughts are with you. This too shall pass.

Robin, So sorry to hear about your arms. If you can get to a pool and do gentle therapy in the pool, that will help some.

Toots - I dont find the anti inflammatory that restrictive, except for the breads and carbs. I am going to try the barley and buckwheat groats and substitute them for rice when 'I get back from my trip. I am actually eating more and staying less hungry than when I was on just low calorie. I think cutting out the sweets has helped a lot, although i am enjoying the yogurt/pumpkin sweet and I eat cottage or ricotta cheese w/fruit or flavorings and/or orange or lime zest. Tonight, I mixed mandarin oranges w/cottage cheese and 1tsp lime jello. It was really a tasty dessert and high protein also.

The toughtest part for me has been giving up the coffee, which I guess I could fudge on, but I had a terrible headache all day today

Katrena
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Toots - I dont find the anti inflammatory that restrictive, except for the breads and carbs. I am going to try the barley and buckwheat groats and substitute them for rice when 'I get back from my trip. I am actually eating more and staying less hungry than when I was on just low calorie. I think cutting out the sweets has helped a lot, although i am enjoying the yogurt/pumpkin sweet and I eat cottage or ricotta cheese w/fruit or flavorings and/or orange or lime zest. Tonight, I mixed mandarin oranges w/cottage cheese and 1tsp lime jello. It was really a tasty dessert and high protein also.

The toughtest part for me has been giving up the coffee, which I guess I could fudge on, but I had a terrible headache all day today

Katrena

well, i actually don't much miss the food. i have trouble figuring out what to eat. i'm not much of a cook, i'm not creative when it comes to eating. i've been eating the same thing for breakfast for five years. this is just hard for me to figure out. so when i give in and just eat whatever it's more of a matter of being too lazy to figure out what on earth i'm actually allowed to eat than anything else :laugh:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Aug and Kaye- Hope you are feeling soon and back up on your feet.

Tina- You can handle school and you will do great. Online classes are doable, it just another way of interacting with others.

Robin- The house issue has been going on for a while now and while I might make an offer in the hopes of getting it for a steal, there is a good chance that it will not happen. It may be for the best since the house will need a lot of work.

Grammy- congrats on reaching 99 pounds lost. I am impressed by your accomplishments. I am still trying to hit the 70 pound mark and have been at 67 for the past 9 months. Hang in there, I know you will make it sooner than you think.

Tuesday goal- To make sure I exercise this week and to relax a couple of days.
    Wish- That everyone who is sick has a speedy recovery.

Exercise plan for the week
    Sunday Rest day :laugh:
    Monday- Trainer workout and rock climbing :smile:
    Tuesday- gym with friend :smile:
    Wednesday- Frisbee golf :bigsmile:
    Thursday- Rest
    Friday-Rock climbing
    Saturday- bike or swim

I promise to catch up more this weekend. I have been busy. I did book my flight to Portland tonight so that is a relief. Now I just need to book a hotel room for a couple of days.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @angelika & helen--Yay!! You're back! Missed you both! :flowerforyou:

@toots--my husband and I are the same way with the everyday household stuff. He does more housework and grocery shopping, and I take care of the bills and the dog. However, when it's something unusual, he just gets all stressed out. Typically we plan any contract work in the summer when I'm off, so I end up with the responsibility, but this time we had no choice and he had to take off of work and deal with the roofers while they were here. On top of that, he had to drop off and pick up the dog from the vet (something I would normally do). I think the combination just got to him and made him dramatize the whole situation (he can be a bit of a drama queen :wink: ).

@ohpampered, katrena, & and everyone else who lost--CONGRATS!!! :drinker:

Wed. Wish:
    That my "day off" today doesn't screw up my week. I really needed to get some grading done and the weather was threatening rain, so I just took Gunner for a quick walk before heading to starbucks. I may do the same thing tomorrow in hopes of catching up a bit more.

I'm going over on calories and carbs today due to poor planning on my part. Went to the grocery store on the way home from starbucks, so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--long run outside DONE
    Tues--core DONE + walk dog DONE (if I get home from meeting before it gets dark)
    Wed--walk dog DONE
    Thurs--long run outside + core
    Fri--walk dog
    Sat--walk dog + gym
    Sun--not sure yet (depends on grading)

I made my exercise plan kind of light for the week b/c I'm starting to stress about grading. It's starting to pile up, so I want to devote Wed. afternoon to grading vs. exercise.

Grading goals:
    1. 13/22 AP essays
    2. x/22 punctuation tests
    3. x/22 2 paragraph responses
    4. x/59 Thoreau essays
    5. read section 2 of Montana 1948 DONE
    6. 22/22 vocab quizzes DONE
    7. x/59 M1948 vocab assignments
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    KJeffries - thank you for your concern - I do have a pool where I live but I am on complete rest per Drs. orders for this disease. Gentle walking is all I can manage and not far as my balance is off because I can't swing my arms normally - (Sounds like an old episode of Seinfeld, doesn't it? :laugh: :laugh: )

I did get out today (When I drive I rest my arms on a pillow in my lap) and bought the first pair of jeans I tried on. Lucky, because I was exhausted from walking against really stiff winds today. My gosh autumn winds are powerful!. Also lucky because I was hurting when I left home and I didn't want to have to go through the chore of pulling off and on a bunch of jeans. So all in all it was a great day!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @robin--glad you got your jeans!

The good news is I ended up not going over carbs after all.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am getting on here late tonight. It has been a laid back kind of day. I got up really late and then my husband and I went around looking at manufactured homes. We are hoping to buy our first home in 2013. We have been dbating between manufactures or regular homes. I have just started talking to lenders to see where we are at. We have good income and good down payment but poor credit so it is a matter of working around the negatives. The up side being we were gone most of the day so I am wayyyyy under calories for the day. My wish for the moment is that my husband gets back to work soon and I am able to find a nice part time job before he comes home again. I hope veryone has a great night and feels wonderful.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I think the combination just got to him and made him dramatize the whole situation (he can be a bit of a drama queen :wink: ).

aren't they all ;)
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to going to a Father - Daughter event with my dad at church this weekend. We haven't done anything like this is a very long time so it should be fun. The only downside is I have no idea what they are planning to serve for dinner so I have no idea how to plan my meals for the rest of the day???
    Robin - I can remember the midwestern wind shoving me back in my door when I lived there. Think of it as added resistence training. :wink:
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Sorry to miss Wednesday totally came home today again totally exhuasted again. Took time to enter in diary but realize my brain was totally shut down. I went to bed at 9:30 great but now wide awake . I have read all of the posts--

@Kaye and @BigAug glad you are both recovering nicely.

@Granny--Congrats on reaching the 90lb milestone!!

@Robin--nice on the new jeans.

@skinny--totally understand about DH. We have been married 21 years and we play that dance still. For the most part i have been an at home mom so alot of household running stuff fell to me but I now work full time and he still expects me to play that role. We keep discussing how it needs to change and he agrees but it stays same. So a lot of things are not being kept up makes me want to take a week off so I can take care of everything and get caught up. DH is a good husband this just isn't his strong suite.

Wednesday Wish-- That I can live somewhere warm in the winter. The colder weather really keeps my joints hurting all the time.

Liz
    I know i haven't got to everyone so sorry! Hoping all have a good food day enjoy your thursday.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Kah68 -- Presumably the chiropractic is exchanging pain now for a pain-free life later, right? So that would be a good thing overall.
    @Robin -- I don't think personals should feel like a chore.
    @ButterflyWood -- have a look at exercise routines on YouTube -- 30DayShred is there as someone else said, and there's a few Zumba including some basic moves instruction. You could do it in the comfort of your home; and put the money you don't spend on classes into your new XBox fund! Or when my Playstation broke I bought a second hand one on eBay and then resold the broken one.
    @Kris -- just so amazed by how quickly you're losing, even after all this time.
    @Katrena -- the caffeine headaches will lessen after a couple of days, but they can be horrible in the meantime.

Just spent ages looking for the perfect pumpkin carving tool. Actually, I started out with 'this is the year I'm going to buy a Dremel', but quickly realised that you don't actually get the thing I want (which is essentially a tiny tiny jigsaw) on a Dremel. Actual jigsaws are too big; the saws in pumpkin carving kits are ok but blunt and break over time. So. Have ended up with more hand tools; an X-acto knife and keyhole saw blades, which should work for the sawing, and some wood chiseling tools which are cheap and obviously blunt if you use them on wood... but most pumpkins are not as hard as wood. And I need to root out my daughter's lino cutting kit too. That's all for the surface detail. Now to get pumpkins.

Thursday Truth -- No Motivation This Week. Don't know where it's gone, honestly. Keep looking at the scales hoping I've lost weight despite eating *all kinds of junk*. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

-- Alison
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Alison~Yes. As it turns out my entire spine and pelvis are severely out of alignment (no wonder I hurt so much), I’ve just been ignoring the pain hoping it would go away. I was resistant to see an orthopedic doctor because they just want to mask the pain with injections or surgery and I’m tired of doctor’s immediate resolution involving a knife, this chiropractor kind of fell into my lap so thought I would give it a shot – glad I did. So far I’m actually pain free this morning – with each adjustment it’s supposed to get easier, I think that’s why they want to see you so often in the beginning. It should take about 10 visits to get everything realigned and then I’ll just have to see him every few weeks.

Kind of crazy morning, so will be back a bit later...
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth::: I went over my calories by 165 yesterday and I could have prevented it but I didn't. I was under by 295 the day before so it does kind of even out...but either way next time I'm going to think more before I decide to do that. My dinner was so good I wanted more so I had more. Either way it wasn't a horrible overage just a bit. And it really does even out I think lol

Here's to a terrific Thursday!!!
    Tina
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Home again.........exhausted and lots to do today. I've missed Wedesday wish......darn. I'll have to think about Thursday truth. Ha, I'm not sure I want to tell any today.

Congrats to those with victories, scale and NSV, successful surgeries, stopping smoking, falling & not getting severely injured, and for those who are suffering---wishing you healing.

Bye for now.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • steffylynnxox
    Options
    wednesday wish :That i made it on here yesterday! i was just so busy with work that i didnt even eat yesterday really. i had a cup of cereal, a large apple, and a sweet potato, and a weight watchers fudge pop (:wink: i needed some chocolate, so it was that or the chips ahoy cookies. figured that might be a little better)
    oh well onto thrusday
    Truth: I have no motivation to go walking again! well i kind of do but i need to get my butt in gear and do it. i really like this guy, and im terrified to admit that to anyone, even myself, but we talk all the time and he says he likes me so well see whats going on. idk im just having such a hard time getting my butt in gear since i started this new job it kicks my butt! i work in retail so im on my feet all day long, and then im so tired when i get home i just cant force myself to walk, even though walking the boards on the beach would be so nice right now due to the fall air. maybe ill try to go tomorrow (i dont get out of class until 9pm tonight and i wont make it home until 10 :grumble: ) (plus this guy and i are suppossed to hang out tonight :love: ) well we'll see what happens.

Happy almost weekend everyone!!
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    In just a few short hours I'll be leaving for the other side of the ocean and will have very little internet access. If I get a chance I will definitely check in and see what's going on here, otherwise I'll be back in 16 days. I'm going to be doing a lot of walking and I'll do my best to make wise food choices but I am a bit worried about being away from my new eating patterns for so long. I know the food will be good so I'm just hoping to maintain my current weight.

Hugs to everyone and see you soon!