There and Back Again: Be a Hobbit Challenge!

Options

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    26.25 so far. 370.75 left to go. Getting colder here, but that's to be expected. :)
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am SO SO in for this.
    Just started the day before yesterday so I am at The Green Dragon.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Continueing east on the Road another 2 miles done now 20 miles into our jouney poor emmawilllose had a big slimmy slug some how jump into her boot but on a bright note the sun is out :)
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Continueing east on the Road another 2 miles done now 20 miles into our jouney poor emmawilllose had a big slimmy slug some how jump into her boot but on a bright note the sun is out :)

Better a slug than a troll!
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    8 mile bike ride puts me at 34.25- I've seen the trees of Woody End across the fields to the south and am currently camping. Ah, rest... now if only the dwarves would stop singing.
  • curvysunshine
    curvysunshine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well, better late than never I guess. And here I am with no handkerchief!
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Well, better late than never I guess. And here I am with no handkerchief!

I've a hood you can borrow until Gandalf catches up.
  • moreORless50
    Options
    now done 22 miles should arrive at Frogmorton very soon
  • d1angel
    Options
    This is lovely! My grandmother introduced me to Middle Earth, she's been gone for 20 years now, but I bet she would have loved something like this!
  • moreORless50
    Options
    me and emmawilllose arrived at Frogmorton. this morning and had a quick rest at The Floating Log. then continued east along the road another 6 miles done today a loverly sunny day but was rarther cold 28 miles done in total :happy:
  • curvysunshine
    curvysunshine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just left the stoop at Bag End today and by the end I will be almost at the Great East Road (6 miles). Woo!
  • LMPMOM4
    LMPMOM4 Posts: 75
    Options
    I started this week. I'm 9 miles in. About to stop and et a frugal dinner in a birch grove. :)
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • moreORless50
    Options
    31 miles complete a wet cold day emmawilllose is rarther wet :ohwell: me i am smiling :happy: as i have her umbrella :laugh: tomorrow all being well we can rest as we should reach the south. Camp.
  • moreORless50
    Options
    A very cold crisp morning with a strong wind, at last we see the trees of Woody End we finally camp and:yawn: rest , then me and emmawilllose eat a hearty bowl of steaming oats and blueberrys then head of again still heading East 35 miles done so far, loads more to go :smile:
  • moreORless50
    Options
    38 miles done aiming to reach Brandywine Bridge befor the weekend :smile:
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Now at 43 miles. 354 more to go!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your grandfather! I think it's wonderful that you read to him and even more so as it was The Hobbit!

I printed out the Eowyn Challenge that you referenced. While I don't think I will be joining your challenge now as i already have my training schedule for the rest of the year (over 700 miles...not quite there and back again to Rivendell), I am going to see if I can incorporate this into the schedule I do for next year starting Jan. 1st. It's so interesting especially for a geek like me!
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    SO DOING THIS!!
  • moreORless50
    Options
    we now at 41 miles with my sore knee and emmawilllose has a clicking hip but we still go on , we will make it to the Brandywine Bridge we will , then we can rest a while :happy: