NEW SHRED GROUP-WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    L1D3 bagged. It was a bit easier today, glad I took a day off to get over the muscle pain because this morning I wasn't HALF as sore as I was the morning after L1D2. I guess we will see how it is tomorrow?

Note to self: Drawstring pants needed, bouncing gut making things hard :P
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    L1D6...I just about talked myself out of shredding today. I had to go to work at 6 am...I had to fill in and unload freight..(which is a workout all on it's own..) I had to stay for a supervisor meeting an extra hour(got off at 2:30)..oh and of course that TMO started today...I got home and I thought..heck I will skip it, but I didn't..I got on my shoes and exercise gear and did it! So glad I did..I think I will skip my 20 minutes on the treadmill...
    Will Shred again tomorrow!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    L1D6...I just about talked myself out of shredding today. I had to go to work at 6 am...I had to fill in and unload freight..(which is a workout all on it's own..) I had to stay for a supervisor meeting an extra hour(got off at 2:30)..oh and of course that TMO started today...I got home and I thought..heck I will skip it, but I didn't..I got on my shoes and exercise gear and did it! So glad I did..I think I will skip my 20 minutes on the treadmill...

AHHHH! Karen,

I am sooooo proud of you!!! You did what you absolutely didnt want to do to get what you want! EPIC!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :happy: :wink: :smile: :laugh: :love:
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    L1D3 bagged. It was a bit easier today, glad I took a day off to get over the muscle pain because this morning I wasn't HALF as sore as I was the morning after L1D2. I guess we will see how it is tomorrow?

Note to self: Drawstring pants needed, bouncing gut making things hard :P

Can you pick me up a pair too please!? I noticed when I hold it, I can do the actual excercise alot easier!
  • callie365
    Options
    Alright...off to SHRED!!! Thanks guys! You are the best! If nothing else, it will stop me from eating EVERYTHING in sight! for 20min anyway...

Alright!!! Round 1 in the BAG!!!! About to start Round 2!!!!! BAM!!! I AM ON FIRE!!!!!!! LITERALLY!!!!!!!!

Rock N Roll !!!! :smile:

Round 2: DONE!!!

WOOOHHHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we could make bigger fonts!!!! I feel soooooo good!!!! SWEATY, but GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

560 calories in less than 60 minutes!!!!!!!

BTW, my son (who takes hip hop classes) gave me this tip for balance....you know how at the end you have to pull your leg behind you to stretch?? If you pull on the OPPOSITE ear, you will easily find your balance...I was damn near falling over and when I tried it, it worked!! Made focusing on stretching so much easier!

LOL at what point do you pull on your ear?? You are stretching your right thigh... you have to grab with your left hand?

BTW Awesome job on the Shred X 2 karmas... your smok-N!
  • callie365
    Options

That's the way....Good for you!! {{{{ clapping}}}}

YOu girls are putting me to shame.... I better pick up the pace :bigsmile:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    L2D20 is in the bag! I am thankful for that! Tomorrow I take my measurements & compare them to Level 1 's. Level 3 starts & I'm scurred!!!!!! :embarassed:

WOW... WTG!! Did you like LI compared to 2?

Level 2 was so much easier!!! Would love to do level 2, 2 & 3! :happy:
  • leeslim4life
    Options
    L2D20 is in the bag! I am thankful for that! Tomorrow I take my measurements & compare them to Level 1 's. Level 3 starts & I'm scurred!!!!!! :embarassed:

Doin it big, Lee!!!! Cant wait to see your results! What was your impression of L2 versus L1?

Thanks Girlie!!!
    2 is way easier than level 1, at least for me.
    Cardio in level 1 is harder than 2 & strength in level 2 is harder than level 1, I loved the ab work in level 2!
  • callie365
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up Lee... L2 sounds like something to look forward too!!

Did you do 10 LI & 10 L2 ?

Break a leg ( meaning GOOD LUCK) on L3:smile:
  • leeslim4life
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up Lee... L2 sounds like something to look forward too!!

Did you do 10 LI & 10 L2 ?

Break a leg ( meaning GOOD LUCK) on L3:smile:

Yes, I did 10 Days on each level so far, and thank you darling!!! :flowerforyou: I will be sure to tell you all about the pain I'm tomorrow!!! :happy:
  • leeslim4life
    Options

You go Karen!!! Get it in!!! I really admire your will power!!! Keep it up!!!!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Alright...off to SHRED!!! Thanks guys! You are the best! If nothing else, it will stop me from eating EVERYTHING in sight! for 20min anyway...

Alright!!! Round 1 in the BAG!!!! About to start Round 2!!!!! BAM!!! I AM ON FIRE!!!!!!! LITERALLY!!!!!!!!

Rock N Roll !!!! :smile:

Round 2: DONE!!!

WOOOHHHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we could make bigger fonts!!!! I feel soooooo good!!!! SWEATY, but GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

560 calories in less than 60 minutes!!!!!!!

BTW, my son (who takes hip hop classes) gave me this tip for balance....you know how at the end you have to pull your leg behind you to stretch?? If you pull on the OPPOSITE ear, you will easily find your balance...I was damn near falling over and when I tried it, it worked!! Made focusing on stretching so much easier!

LOL at what point do you pull on your ear?? You are stretching your right thigh... you have to grab with your left hand?

BTW Awesome job on the Shred X 2 karmas... your smok-N!

When you stretch your right leg, youre supposed to grab it with your left hand. Jillian holds her leg with both hands but Nathalie and I forget her name hold it with one hand....so the free hand, which should be your right. Right? I think that's right! LOL
  • karmasBFF
    Options

Doin it big, Lee!!!! Cant wait to see your results! What was your impression of L2 versus L1?

Thanks Girlie!!!
    2 is way easier than level 1, at least for me.
    Cardio in level 1 is harder than 2 & strength in level 2 is harder than level 1, I loved the ab work in level 2!

Do you think its honestly easier or just that your body is stronger?
  • leeslim4life
    Options
    Karma I think it's easier!!! I hated level one & was so happy to do level 2 when I go to it! I have never watched level 3, which I should probably do tonight!
  • bizaggie07
    Options
    OOOOOH... looking forward to Level 2 now! Thanks for the motivation to keep on truckin' Leeslim!

L1D3 Complete. Hurting in different places than the first two days, but hurting is a good thing :wink:

I've been actively working out for almost a month now (since 1 Feb) and I got a compliment at work today. Only 7 lbs down total, but it could have been zero because that comment sent me over the moon!

Keep up the good work guys... people are taking notice! :flowerforyou:
  • karen366
    Options

AHHHH! Karen,

I am sooooo proud of you!!! You did what you absolutely didnt want to do to get what you want! EPIC!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :happy: :wink: :smile: :laugh: :love:

So Karma, your last sentence encouraged me to do the 20 minutes on the treadmill...sure I was tired..but I wasn't in pain, I wasn't healing from an injury...I want this..I want a healthier lifestyle....it's been years of excuses that got me where I am...and I don't want to be there any longer..I am turing 40 this year! I want to go into my next decade healthier and happier!
  • karen366
    Options
    OOOOOH... looking forward to Level 2 now! Thanks for the motivation to keep on truckin' Leeslim!

L1D3 Complete. Hurting in different places than the first two days, but hurting is a good thing :wink:

I've been actively working out for almost a month now (since 1 Feb) and I got a compliment at work today. Only 7 lbs down total, but it could have been zero because that comment sent me over the moon!

Keep up the good work guys... people are taking notice! :flowerforyou:

Congrats on the compliment.... I am sure there will be a ton more before this 30 day challenge is through!
    Keep it up!
  • Queenie000
    Queenie000 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    L1D4 done! I have never been a morning exerciser, but 3 of the 4 days I worked out in am, and was amazed at the extra energy it gave me throughout the day. It's odd, because I don't normally get that after working out in the afternoon. Yesterday, I wasn't able to get it in until afternoon, and I was tired and out of it all day.

I only have one pair of sneakers, and they are dirty from wearing walking outside, so I have been doing the shred barefoot. I am thinking of seeing if I can find another pair for cheap though, as I am not so sure I like doing the jumping jacks and jump rope barefoot. Anyone else not wear shoes?

Yesterday, thighs were super sore after workout, but gone by this morning. Today in the workout one of my calves was sore, must need to stretch more. Today my husband did the first and the third set with me, he weighs 70 pounds less than me, and is in good shape, but he was still working hard! That made me feel good.

It is super motivational to read this thread, so everyone keep it up!!!! Thanks...
  • karen366
    Options

You go Karen!!! Get it in!!! I really admire your will power!!! Keep it up!!!!

You are such an inspiration..I can't wait to here your results from Level 2! I hope I have as good of results as you've gotten...thanks for cheering for all of us
  • crmldlyte
    Options
    L1D4 in the bag! Is it just me or am I going to have to do all 30 days on level 1? It doesn't seem like it's getting easier! I must be REALLY out of shape. Maybe I'm not eating the right thing before working out. Shouldn't I eat like a banana an hour before hand?

Push ups SUCK *kitten* and the side lunges with interior raises do too! Everything else I can tolerate!

Good work shredders on day 4 (athlete butt slap)! :drinker: