People wearing too much makeup...

Options
fueledbychange
fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
(posting this from my tumblr)

So you see someone with a lot of makeup on.

Foundation, blush, lipstick, lipliner, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, brows done, everything. And in your opinion, it’s ‘too much’.
Let’s get this straight: almost 99.9999% percent of the time, they are not wearing it to please you. If you don’t like the way they look, then get over yourself and move on. Your comments pertaining to what they put on their face are irrelevant to them and not needed.
There are tons of reasons people would wear a lot of makeup. Here are only a few.

They have somewhere to be later, and won’t have time to do their makeup before they get there.

They’re really talented when it comes to cosmetics, and want to show off their talent.

They’re new to makeup, and put on a lot because they want to learn to do it better.

Makeup is an accessory to them, just like a pair of earrings or a necklace.

Makeup is fun to put on and they enjoy seeing how just a little can transform the way you look.

They’re wearing it to show support (hot pink eyeshadow on Breast Cancer Awareness Day)

They like to dress up! Being in a costume every day is fun and empowering.

Granted that, yes, some people do wear makeup because they’re insecure. Some people do wear makeup because they think they ‘have to’. But that’s getting more and more rare, and that’s something to be happy about.
If you see someone with lots of makeup on, do not tell them it’s too much. Do not tell them they ‘look like a clown’.
They do not care what you think.
I personally would only wear even more makeup the next day just to spite you.
A person can wear however much makeup they want. It’s their face, and for whatever reason it is, they like how it looks with everything on. You have no right to control what they do to their own face. You have no say in the matter!
So get over yourself and next time, keep your mouth shut.

Replies

• makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    This! I like wearing make up because it makes me feel more confident. If I wanted to wear it to please my boyfriend then I actually wouldn't need to, he prefers 'the more natural look' (although a lot of guys, especially younger guys, seem to think that all girls just have flawless skin with no make up on haha) but I like my eyeshadow and mascara :)
  • fueledbychange
    Options
    Exactly! And that's another thing that bothers me. Like, in that One Direction song where it talks about how great she looks with no makeup on, most people don't even know what 'no makeup' actually looks like! lol.
  • AMEN.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when girls who wear little to no makeup think they are superior to girls who do wear makeup because they think by not wearing makeup they are more confident, etc. So yeah, this post makes me happy.
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    AMEN.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when girls who wear little to no makeup think they are superior to girls who do wear makeup because they think by not wearing makeup they are more confident, etc. So yeah, this post makes me happy.

I try not to be one of those girls! I do know some people who I think wear too much makeup though, BUT I accept that that is their choice and I have never commented on it. Sometimes I think it is a shame though, there's this one girl I know who looks sooo much nicer when she wears minimal make up compared to the amount she wears but again it's her choice and if she's happy with that then that's fine and I don't comment :)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    This! I like wearing make up because it makes me feel more confident. If I wanted to wear it to please my boyfriend then I actually wouldn't need to, he prefers 'the more natural look' (although a lot of guys, especially younger guys, seem to think that all girls just have flawless skin with no make up on haha) but I like my eyeshadow and mascara :)

I wear more some days, less other and most often none! For me, for fun. I feel kinda artistic sometimes and like to play with new looks. Guess I never grew out of "playing dress up".

I found out a girl I know and her fiance were mocking me behind my back about my makeup looking "whorey". Talking like I'm a drag queen. I was assigned top do her wedding makeup. My sister tried to explain I do a lot of looks.

Now this girl's self professes her inability to do anything girly and knows she can't do make up (hers does not look great) and she is not really close to me, but my sister, who mocks her for it. I have never said a word, nor really pay it much mind. But I was quite upset at finding out that dispite my never mocking her, she is me!

I kinda don't want to do her wedding makeup now.

I like my makeup, my family does, and my hubby loves it (date nights, he thinks its sexy) he actually buys me it and is very picky what he buys me, he does not want me using cheap stuff. he likes the "slutty" look sometimes, and "sweet" others.

I say let ppl be. I've seen all forms of funny. Over tan, over built, over bleached hair, over ....well, I'll stop before I hurt anyone to much.
    Point is, alot of ppl can overdo things, but it's their business, its their life. If they are happy, let it be.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    There is a difference in wearing makeup to enhance beauty and wearing makeup to cover up your low self esteem.

I for one can't stand woman wearing too much foundation, not only do I end up ingesting it when kissing her but I am pretty damn sure on the long run I will end up having kidney failure as well.

I will always prefer the more natural look, most men do anyways.
  • fueledbychange
    Options
    There is a difference in wearing makeup to enhance beauty and wearing makeup to cover up your low self esteem.

I for one can't stand woman wearing too much foundation, not only do I end up ingesting it when kissing her but I am pretty damn sure on the long run I will end up having kidney failure as well.

I like that you've shared your opinion, but again, most people aren't wearing makeup to appeal to others' "natural beauty" standards (:
    And yeah, when they wear it to cover their poor confidence it IS sad, but whatever makes them feel better, I say go for it! But for the most part it isn't about self esteem - it's about fun and creativity.
  • Dinamita_TNT
    Options
    Well... You can wear as much makeup as you want... If it fits you and you apply it well. You can put on preconcealers of colour, preconcealers of light-shadow, foundation, concealers, powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, fake eyelashes, mascara for lashes, makeup for eyebrows, lipstick, gloss and shimmering powder... But be sure you make it in a right way.

For example: avoid to mix cold colours and warm colours... Use complimentary colours between the colours you're putting on for makeup... and the ones that fits with your skin tone, colour of eyes, hair's colour...

Word of Make Up Artist...
  • Dinamita_TNT
    Options
    Btw, some people have the need to use make up due to surgery scars or huge imperfections in the skin they're really ashamed of.

Low self steem? Maybe, maybe not...

I can fix my problems with my physical appearance with workout and healthy eating. God thanks I don't have problems with my face or skin-face. Perhaps if I had them... I would use make up the whole day...
    (posting this from my tumblr)

So you see someone with a lot of makeup on.

Foundation, blush, lipstick, lipliner, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, brows done, everything. And in your opinion, it’s ‘too much’.
    Let’s get this straight: almost 99.9999% percent of the time, they are not wearing it to please you. If you don’t like the way they look, then get over yourself and move on. Your comments pertaining to what they put on their face are irrelevant to them and not needed.
    There are tons of reasons people would wear a lot of makeup. Here are only a few.

They have somewhere to be later, and won’t have time to do their makeup before they get there.

They’re really talented when it comes to cosmetics, and want to show off their talent.

They’re new to makeup, and put on a lot because they want to learn to do it better.

Makeup is an accessory to them, just like a pair of earrings or a necklace.

Makeup is fun to put on and they enjoy seeing how just a little can transform the way you look.

They’re wearing it to show support (hot pink eyeshadow on Breast Cancer Awareness Day)

They like to dress up! Being in a costume every day is fun and empowering.

Granted that, yes, some people do wear makeup because they’re insecure. Some people do wear makeup because they think they ‘have to’. But that’s getting more and more rare, and that’s something to be happy about.
    If you see someone with lots of makeup on, do not tell them it’s too much. Do not tell them they ‘look like a clown’.
    They do not care what you think.
    I personally would only wear even more makeup the next day just to spite you.
    A person can wear however much makeup they want. It’s their face, and for whatever reason it is, they like how it looks with everything on. You have no right to control what they do to their own face. You have no say in the matter!
    So get over yourself and next time, keep your mouth shut.
  • wrevhn
    Options

I like that you've shared your opinion, but again, most people aren't wearing makeup to appeal to others' "natural beauty" standards (:
    And yeah, when they wear it to cover their poor confidence it IS sad, but whatever makes them feel better, I say go for it! But for the most part it isn't about self esteem - it's about fun and creativity.

I've seen people in general do a lot of things to cover up poor self esteem. Men do things women find hilariously annoying all the time. And us, we have quite a number of ways to boost or self esteem. I personally, despite one arm, have self esteem issues a tad in the other direction. I always liked me. Don't think I'm a 10, but I think I'm pretty great.

The problem arises most often when people consider themselves included in some massive competition. Like a race or pageant . But we are not. There's no reason to compare yourself to others. It will only make you miserable. If you must, look at what you're blessed with, not what you don't have or is wrong. That be my advice to them, my 2 cents.

And with men, you can help your lady be make up free more often, by telling her she is beautiful when naked faced, and more than once. Some gals it won't sink in right away. ;)
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    As a father of two daughters, the thing I always encourage is confidence in the self. Certainly, things like makeup and clothing can help boost that, but I try to teach my girls to love everything about themselves from their skinned knees to their birthmarks. I think whatever makes you feel comfortable is fine. Like anything, it can be overdone but some people never get over that particular learning curve!
  • Sick_Beard
    Options
    From experience I avoid woman with too much makeup, first thing that pops into my head is insecurity and lack of confidence.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Some girls are TOO talented with their make up. One day you see them and they look like Scarlet Johansen, the next time you see them without make up and they look like Kathy Griffin. Thats false advertising man lol.
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I cant wait for the day that people actually stop focusing on other people and stop biatching bout stupid crap like makeup, etc.

Im grown I dont care what you do with your life if it isnt hurting anyone else.
  • Sick_Beard
    Options
    Some girls are TOO talented with their make up. One day you see them and they look like Scarlet Johansen, the next time you see them without make up and they look like Kathy Griffin. Thats false advertising man lol.

This comes to mind...

burger-king-whopper_a1-cropped.jpg
  • wrevhn
    Options

this is too funny. and true sometimes. I've seen a girl look like kim k, then saw her bare faced and was shocked. but its all in fun I'm sure. we also have many other "false adv" things, hair color/etc, clothing, bras. but its become quite a part of our society.

i personally like to mix it up naked truth days, slight of hand days, to full on photoshoot sexy days. its nice to play "dress up" liker i said before.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

This comes to mind...

burger-king-whopper_a1-cropped.jpg

Rofl! Exactly haha.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

^^^this!

i wear make up,but, only to enhance my features..
    caking it on isnt cute! and bad for your skin!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    People can do as they please. I don't care how much makeup somebody wears, as it affects me none.
    BUT it does break my heart to hear beautiful women say "I can't leave the house without makeup on".
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    A ****ING MEN!

And as for the "Well, it's basically a lie because when she takes her makeup off she looks completely different" line, it's reaaaaaaaaaally old.