starting the 30 day shred

Replies

• charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Can I join you ladies? :smile:

I did Day 2 of Level 1 last night and my arms are dying!! The push-ups really do get me and I can't lift my 5lb weights on the side lunges, so I do those mostly weight free, but I try first with the weight!

I agree about the stretching...I did more after day 2 and feel better today!!

I think tonight I will break from 30DS and go for a jog, then rest...and back to day 3....how's that sound?
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    There's a new 30-day shred group formed just yesterday. Want to join us?

I'm on day 2, level I. Time to get off my big fat behind and do it.
    [/quote

I do!!!! How do I find it? Yesterday was day 1 for me!!!!
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    I'm definitely going to start the 30 Day Shred soon, I'm hoping it will provide me with breaking through this stagnant phase I have been in and help jumpstart my weight loss again. :)
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    There's a new 30-day shred group formed just yesterday. Want to join us?

I'm on day 2, level I. Time to get off my big fat behind and do it.
    [/quote

I do!!!! How do I find it? Yesterday was day 1 for me!!!!
    Me too! How do I find it?
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    I hope I can join your group! I just started the shred yesterday and it actually felt so good I did level 1 twice. Really really want to jump start my fitness. My quads are feeling it today, but I am ready to go again!

I am 6 weeks postpartum and would like to lose about 20 lbs (10 lbs above my pre-preg weight, but was about 10 lbs over my favorite weight due to a vacation in Colombia where we gorged on the amazing bread they have down there).

I don't have the dumbells yet, so I just grabbed household stuff that was around 2 lbs and used it instead LOL. I am going to get the weights today because my arms are downright floppy! Also planning on doing some hiking and a bellydancing workout video too.

This thread is very motivating!
  • gillsta_21
    gillsta_21 Posts: 73 Member
    Did Day 1 Level 1 this morning! It burned so bad but I'm strangely looking forward to tomorrow morning!!!!
  • prettyeyez55
    prettyeyez55 Posts: 45 Member
    I have been wanting to do the 30 day shred but worried i am so out of shape i wont be able to do it.. Where did you get the 30 day shred. sadly my husband lost his job and my house just got robbed so funds are kind of strapped but they stole my workout dvds so i need a new one and i think this may be it!!! please PM me with where to get the program for cheap.. or should i just get the entire program from JM website? Thank you SO much!! need to lose 70 pounds still !!
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    I'm new to working out first thing first. What's the 30 day shred? Where can I find it? And is it good for beginners?

:huh: .... DO TELL.... I am on day 2 OF THE XMAS CHALLANGE to shed 30 before XMAS.. So what's this I am hearing and they have a DVD?? :indifferent:
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    I have been wanting to do the 30 day shred but worried i am so out of shape i wont be able to do it.. Where did you get the 30 day shred. sadly my husband lost his job and my house just got robbed so funds are kind of strapped but they stole my workout dvds so i need a new one and i think this may be it!!! please PM me with where to get the program for cheap.. or should i just get the entire program from JM website? Thank you SO much!! need to lose 70 pounds still !!

You can watch the full thing for free on youtube!
  • lilysmama08
    lilysmama08 Posts: 60 Member
    Hey y'all! I'd love to join this thread! I'm new to the forums but not with Mfp. I'm on D3 L1 with the 30 day shred. Can't wait to get to day ten so I can see if my measurements have changed!
  • MrsMrtz
    MrsMrtz Posts: 73
    I just want to post "I LOVE JILLIAN!!"
  • lilysmama08
    Just finished L1 D4! (typo on last post, today is d4 not 3. Guess I didn't think about it cause I hadn't done it yet.) So glad I got today's out of the way so I don't have to wait for my boyfriend to get home and dinner to be cooked first!
  • FaithInAes
    FaithInAes Posts: 54 Member
    Today was day 9 of level 2 for me. I looove level 2!! It is more challenging but it goes by so much more quickly. I'm excited to see what is in store for me in level 3!
  • lilysmama08
    Today was day 9 of level 2 for me. I looove level 2!! It is more challenging but it goes by so much more quickly. I'm excited to see what is in store for me in level 3!

that's awesome! I've started (and quit) the shred about 3 or 4 times and have never gotten passed 17 days! I've never even seen level 3 lol. I'm sticking with it this time!!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    I despise the jump rope part.... UGH!
  • i had started about 3 weeks ago and got to level 1 day 6 but then life got busy with kids and fair animals. im putting my foot down and gonna start again on mon. i have a feeling its gonna be rough starting again :(
  • I've just done day 5 of level one. It is getting easier, I can even do the girly push ups without stopping now. I still struggle with the weights when doing the side lunges but getting better.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    I despise the jump rope part.... UGH!

I like that bit! I just wish I had room indoors to use a proper rope with it! If you try jump rope outside using a skipping rope and doing double feet jumps you'll find it easier on the dvd!

If I can do it anyone can!
  • Hi ladies, hoping I can join you here :)
    I actually started 30DS two days ago, and I couldn't even finish it, I was dying :( Getting out of bed yesterday morning was the real challenge as I was painfully reminded that I do have calf muscles ahaha. Went to the gym yesterday and stretched out those muscles and did some serious walking on the treadmill instead :) So later on this morning will be day 2 for me! Hearing that it gets easier around day 4 or 5, so I'm looking forward to it :D Of course, easier isn't going to mean a walk in the park w Jillian! <3 But hey, pain is weakness leaving the body! We can do it :)
    Also, cannot stand jump rope either :(
  • lilysmama08
    It's only 7:30am here and I've already gotten L1D5 out of the way! We have a busy day today so I can knew I better get it out of the way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!