What's up with all the rude sarcastic people here?

Options
DJ2120
DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
I've had a MFP account for a little while now. But, only started being an active member of the community for the last couple of months. I find 95% of the people here to be so kind, helpful & a pleasure to talk to. But, then there just seems to be someone who is being rude or has some kind of sarcastic remark in so many posts. Not, necessarily just mine. But, I notice it a lot on other people's posts. I just don't see what the point of it is. People come here & have questions & maybe it's something that had been asked a million times before or maybe it seems like a stupid question. But, to ridicule & be rude to someone who is trying to learn & better lives is so disgusting. If you have nothing of substance to add then why even write anything at all? If something someone says annoys you or if you feel it's a topic that has been brought up too many times, then skip it. You have that option you know. I often wonder if these rude people act like this in real life & go around being bullies & jerks to people they interact with or if they are just strong behind their keyboards. I just don't see why people have to belittle someone who is looking for help. Well, I'm done now, that's my rant.

Replies

• tazhinshaw
    tazhinshaw Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    No matter where you go there will always be rude people. Its sad but I just try to ignore it and look at all the positive posts :)
  • Andrea3030
    Options
    They're hungry. Or "hangry":)
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    it appears to me that the site is part fitness and part social. the people using the forums to socialize are probably the ones making sarcastic replies, in an attempt to be funny. all forum sites on the internet are bit like that. i wouldn't worry too much about it. unless somebody is really ranting at you like a nutjob... in which case i'd tell them to go eat a cheeseburger and get off your case.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options

Unless they're in the South, in which case they're "hongry". :bigsmile:
  • man_dee_gee
    man_dee_gee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I couldn't possibly agree more and I'm glad you said something. I've wanted to post topics before, but always fear the "refer to this thread" or "for the 1000th time" response. Unfortunately I have a short fuse so I know I would end up snapping back and it would get so far off topic that I would never get my question answered :-)
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    It's the internet.
  • CandyBryson
    CandyBryson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have found that too, I just ignore it. I mostly find it in the health and fitness section. so I try to stay away from that topic unless I have a question I can't find the answer too.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Or from Canada where we're "Hungry, Eh?" :laugh:
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    There is a difference bewtween being sarcastic and being rude. I'm a pretty sarcastic person, but I never intentionally be rude to anyone for any reason. Some people are just rude...that's a part of life. You just don't acknowlede them and eventually they'll get bored! As for sarcasm...it's my favorite :)
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options

+1
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    @justbecause20 i am a very sarcastic person...and just recently i was pulled over by my boss telling me basically i am not allowed to be sarcasitc anymore :( apparently not everyone enjoys a sarcastic sense of humor :(
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    People sit at home with absolutely no real friendships or contacts and post a bunch of noise on forums to boost their egos. F that noise. LOL
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What you're viewing as rude, is probably someone being right and you having a different opinion on it.

And sarcasm? Well, that's just the air of awesomeness blowing in your hair.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Unfortunately the internet is like real life in the respect that the jerks and wankers are the ones with the biggest mouths. Don't let it get to you too much...some days I just make myself stay off the forums because it p*sses me off to read some of the ignorant, rude crap people say. I'm with you though...I just don't see how there is any point whatsoever to being a rude *kitten* to someone online. Get a life, seriously, you know??
  • DJ2120
    Options
    I couldn't possibly agree more and I'm glad you said something. I've wanted to post topics before, but always fear the "refer to this thread" or "for the 1000th time" response. Unfortunately I have a short fuse so I know I would end up snapping back and it would get so far off topic that I would never get my question answered :-)

See & it shouldn't be that way. People shouldn't have to be afraid to ask something for the fear of a negative response.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    People sit at home with absolutely no real friendships or contacts and post a bunch of noise on forums to boost their egos. F that noise. LOL

GOOD JOB assuming the absolute worst about people you know nothing about and have no interaction with at all.

Classy.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Well, y'know, the internet was first colonized by rude and sarcastic people.
    comicbookguy.gif
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    It's the nature of the internet. I've seen worse on other forums.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    Unfortunately the internet is like real life in the respect that the jerks and wankers are the ones with the biggest mouths. Don't let it get to you too much...some days I just make myself stay off the forums because it p*sses me off to read some of the ignorant, rude crap people say. I'm with you though...I just don't see how there is any point whatsoever to being a rude *kitten* to someone online. Get a life, seriously, you know??

Exactly how I feel, perhaps we should feel sorry for them more than anything.
  • DJ2120
    Options

I think you hit the nail right on the head, they get to feel all big & bad on here to make up for how they are in real life. "Cyber muscles" lol