he keeps telling me im fat i've lost 44lbs

Options

Replies

• HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to lose about 225 pounds and 69 inches.

^^YES!
  • Evelyneh
    Options
    So, this one time, my boyfriend called me "tubs".

No sex for a month.

If you think you're fat, or unhealthy, or in any way aren't satisfied with yourself, it's up to YOU to change it. Guys come and go, and to be honest, a lot of people are just stupid and shallow. Don't do anything for anyone, especially if you don't agree with their comments.

xo
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options

LOL! Agree ^^^^^^^^
  • Evelyneh
    Options

amazing,
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Sounds like he is either insecure or a total d*ckwad. Don't let him talk down to you!! If I was ever dating anyone and they called me fat, they would regret that comment. There would be no sex for a very long time, I can tell you that much. That's an inexcusable way to treat a partner. Don't let him keep doing it without at least letting him know that it's wrong and that it bothers you.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    DTMF. Don't stay with someone who talks to you like that. It's much better to be single than in a relationship where you are treated badly.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    next time he makes a comment like that, tell him you can drop 225 lbs real fast... him!
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Dump him!!! He's the heffer!!
  • nikteazer2
    nikteazer2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I like that, I like that a lot!!!!

Sounds to me like he is insecure about his own weight!!! Tell him to sling his hook!!

My ex husband use to call me lard *kitten*....hence why he's my EX!! Lol!! :huh:
  • diinva
    diinva Posts: 57
    Options
    [/quote

This!!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

heh
  • CopperGalaxy
    CopperGalaxy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yup......dump that *kitten*. I don't care if you were 40 stone or 10 stone, you've lost 44 lbs, you should be receiving support from someone who's supposed to love you. I am really sorry but if he loved you he wouldn't be such an *kitten* to you.
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    my partner keeps telling me im fat getting fat little comments about my weight im 5ft 1 and weighed 13stone i now weigh less than 10stone i know i have about 2 stone left to lose but is it really too much to ask for a bitt of support plus hes not exactly skinny himself he is 5ft 9 and weight 225 maybee he shold go take a long hard look in the mirror.

It is really common when one partner makes the effort to lose weight and the other does not that they do get resentful and jealous and insecure so they try to break you down because they're afraid of your motives for losing weight or that they are going to lose you as well. More often than not when we fear something we enact those fears into reality. If you afraid your partner will leave you and your insecure and call and bug them all the time about it you will more than likely lose them. I would have a very candid conversation with him. Tell him that this hurts and you really want his support through this and you don't under stand the sabotage he is trying to put on you. Tell him you'd like to get him involved try and take a class together or play a sport or hike or work out or cook healthy meals together. Make it a team effort if he's open. Depending on the results of the convo you really may have to make some life decisions on whether or not it is healthy for you to stay. Best of luck on it though!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    It is not too much to ask. I have lost less than you and guess I have more than you yet to lose and I get wonderful comments from my husband. Not that he ever would have called me fat. I doubt I would marry someone who would nor would I stand for it if I did. When I slow up or hit a plateau he is the one who says to look at what I achieved and what matters is that I am eating better and getting more fit not what I weigh.

I agree "he" may be worried that your success will make him feel he needs to do the same and he doesn't like it. He is putting you down to make himself feel better.

Congratulations on your success. A friend posted a quote on here a few days ago from Will Smith. It basically said if you aren't with me in my struggle you won't be there in my success. He needs to be there for you in your struggle. Don't let him pull you down. What you have done isn't easy. You are a winner. I wish you every success on your efforts to get healthy.
  • Ivyzmama
    Ivyzmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've got a good book for you to read, called "Why Does He DO That?" It'll give you answers!
  • rosi1984
    Options
    your partner should only see you for you! it seems to me he only is seeing your supposed "fatness", 44 pounds is a lot of weight loss! good for you! if this person really loves you it should not matter if you are thin or thick or somewhere in between. a supportive partner will celebrate your successes with you and be right there with you with you are struggling. hope that you are able to find some one who will love you for who are, not someone who puts you down for the way you supposedly look or the numbers on the scale.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    my partner keeps telling me im fat getting fat little comments about my weight im 5ft 1 and weighed 13stone i now weigh less than 10stone i know i have about 2 stone left to lose but is it really too much to ask for a bitt of support plus hes not exactly skinny himself he is 5ft 9 and weight 225 maybee he shold go take a long hard look in the mirror.

He enjoys your reaction to the things he says. He is bored and he's using you for entertainment.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    People who love us, support us. Period.
  • 62clpowell
    62clpowell Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on your weight loss...second thing KICK HIS A** TO THE CURB....you deserve someone better who will love and want you as you are!!!
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    next time he makes a comment like that, tell him you can drop 225 lbs real fast... him!

Ha ha, I like this one! I agree with the folks saying that he is probably insecure with himself and threatened by your success. However, I don't know him, if he is truly a jerk... that doesn't usually change. If he tries to break your spirit~ you would be better to relieve him of companion duties. I would talk with him and if he doesn't come around I would bypass his noise and continue working on yourself.

I'm not clear on whether you are married or have kids etc. I would never encourage divorce.... unless there is abuse. That being said, verbal/ emotional abuse is often harder on a psyche than physical abuse. I bet your gut is telling you what to do with the guy. I would trust your gut. I hope it gets better soon, best wishes :-) and keep your head up! You've done a fantastic job~ keep it up!