Weird/odd physical traits--what are yours?

Options

Replies

• lshaunessy
    Options
    My smallest toes and 2nd smallest toes on both feet curve inward so far that they make right angles. Very odd, but a genetic trait in my family. My mother, my brothers, myself, even my kids are graced with this.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I have an open canal between my nose and eye. If I plug my nose and blow, air shoots out around my eye.

I thought this was normal...I (when I was young anyway) could shoot milk out of my eye through said canal...

also, I have a freakishly thick rib cage, that is thicker on the right than the left...even when I'm over weight, and have a belly, my ribs stick out.

I can pop my hip out of place...

my knees are double jointed, and can bend the wrong way a bit.

my hair grows about 1 inch a month, and my fingernails grow crazy fast too...

i'm just messed up...
  • evereadysmile
    Options
    I have two completely different ears. Like one looks like my mom's ears and one looks like my dad's ears. I'm also double jointed in my elbows and my thumbs. And I have third nipple. And now that I've basically said all that out loud I'm ready sign up for the circus sideshow. Seriously though I've often wondered of I absorbed a twin in the womb to get the weird, mismatched body parts.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I have two completely different ears. Like one looks like my mom's ears and one looks like my dad's ears. I'm also double jointed in my elbows and my thumbs. And I have third nipple. And now that I've basically said all that out loud I'm ready sign up for the circus sideshow. Seriously though I've often wondered of I absorbed a twin in the womb to get the weird, mismatched body parts.

i knew a guy with four nipples once...I think he's since had two removed
  • comogirl
    comogirl Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Everything on the left side of my body is slightly larger than the right even my pupil.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I can actually touch my elbows behind my back.

Ok so that sounds easy. Turns out, it's not.

I'll be honest - I tried to do it! LOL

LOL mine dont come close to touching

>:( now my arm is all cramped up.
    i can twist my arm funny though! arms in front, crossed and palm to palm (thumbs down). Now flip your hands under and toawrds your face, fingers interlocked. try to pull whichever arm was on top through the opposite elbow without unlocking your hands. i can only do it with my right arm.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I never really thought it was that weird, but others have mentioned it so I'll add it too...my 2nd toe is longer than my big toe.

I have HUGE calves...even when I was thin and in shape. I flew to italy once from the US (12 hr flight if I remember correctly) and the water retention in my legs was so bad my calves seriously looked like they were going to pop the skin. I was playing on a tour bball team with 20 girls and 20 guys I had never met until just days before...the guys made fun of me big time until they went back to their "smaller" size. They weren't really being mean about it so it didn't bother me too bad, but I've always hated my calves!

I also have that "lazy eye" that others have mentioned that looks like one is closed more in pictures when I'm smiling but I don't notice it looking in the mirror. I remember one guy in high school asking if I was stoned in all my pics. Um, no...I've never been stoned!

I can touch my tongue to my elbow. Don't know many people that can do that.

I don't know how to explain it, but if I kinda cross my eyes and make them out of focus and really concentrate on it I can make my eyes shake. My mom and niece can do it too.

I have a pretty large birth mark that's just slightly darker than my skin on my left shoulder blade. Another boy in high school used to laugh and say it wasn't a birth mark, it was a birth defect. (I'm noticing a trend of high school aged boys being kind of mean! Haha... It never really bothered me. I've always been pretty open and just laughed along with them.) I found out when I was a little older that my aunt has the same one just on her right shoulder blade.

I'm also ridiculously hairy. I seriously HAVE to pluck my eyebrows and shave my legs (only when wearing shorts of course) daily if I care anything about what I look like that day. My poor kids...my husband is ridiculously hairy too! :(
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I don't know how to explain it, but if I kinda cross my eyes and make them out of focus and really concentrate on it I can make my eyes shake.

I can do that too! I was going to post it but couldn't figure out how to explain it.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Huge feet. HUGE.

I wear a size 10. How huge are we talking?

ETA: And they're pretty wide.

I have size 10 feet too!
    It is VERY difficult to find cute shoes.

Are you kidding? Sale racks, baby. Nobody wears our size.. We get the best deals!

But looking for running shoes was basically impossible, I will give you that.

I sympathize with you! I have hallux valgus (bunions) with both big toes, and wear men's size 9 runners. I can't wear the narrower women's shoes because they feel like having barbed wire wrapped around my toe joint:explode:

When I buy a new pair I still have to try on 5-6 different ones because it's very difficult to find the right fit. (At least I have an excuse not to wear those masochistic "fashionable" women's shoes.)

The best advice I can give anyone with difficult-to-fit feet is to 1. find a good shoe store with a knowledgeable staff to help guide you 2. try on lots of different shoes.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Huge feet. HUGE.

I wear a size 10. How huge are we talking?

ETA: And they're pretty wide.

I have size 10 feet too!
    It is VERY difficult to find cute shoes.

Are you kidding? Sale racks, baby. Nobody wears our size.. We get the best deals!

But looking for running shoes was basically impossible, I will give you that.

I sympathize with you! I have hallux valgus (bunions) with both big toes, and wear men's size 9 runners. I can't wear the narrower women's shoes because they feel like having barbed wire wrapped around my toe joint:explode:

When I buy a new pair I still have to try on 5-6 different ones because it's very difficult to find the right fit. (At least I have an excuse not to wear those masochistic "fashionable" women's shoes.)

The best advice I can give anyone with difficult-to-fit feet is to 1. find a good shoe store with a knowledgeable staff to help guide you 2. try on lots of different shoes.

Ok so if us "big foots" are so gifted then how come my gigantic size 11-12 extra wides can't ever find any shoes anywhere?! Gahh, it's soo annoying. And my poor 5 year old is the same way. I feel so bad for him.
  • natalovesmusic
    natalovesmusic Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a geographic tongue :P
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    One of my eyebrows is much more slanty than the other, I guess?

It's my sassy brow!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    The top part of both my middle fingers bend off to the right!!
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    my ring size is 4.5
    I have tiny finger nails and toe nails
    i can make a 3 leaf clover with my tounge
    when i stick my tounge out and point it up, it doesnt even reach the top of my lip. wait, i cant even point my tounge at the end lol

i have back dimples, i like them though :)
  • karmaology
    Options
    My eyes are really big! I always get complimented on them though. Think Mila Kunis.

My nose is also curved slightly which I hate.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I can lick the underside of my chin with my tongue... and yes, I'm married :)

I also have 'prehensile' toes. Whenever I pick up around the house it's with my feet.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I have one little normal ear, then the other sticks right out - good job my hair covers it.
    I have 4 freckles on my upper stomach shaped in a diamond.
    I'm ginger haha.
  • little_silver_bell
    Options
    Really huge eyes but one is bigger than the other which I guess isn't that bad but still
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am very pale. I have very long arms for my height. I mean around a five feet, three inch span, and I'm only five feet tall. Also, my hands are average person sized, not small person sized.

Since I realized there might be board stalkers wanting to look and spy and see what I was talking about, I finally threw a small image of myself into my pictures. I hate the image, because I had an eye infection and had just spent a while at the hospital. My left eye looks awful, and I was extremely photophobic, to the point that getting that picture out in the sunlight was very painful. Just a warning.
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have a couple...

My index finger on my right hand is shorter than the index finger on my left hand. They both have the same inward curve, but definitely a noticeable length difference. Also, my ring fingers are longer than both index fingers.

My eyes are insanely icy blue...very light, and very unique...but if you look at them from the side, they disappear...you can't see a lick of color...you can only see the pupil.

Lastly...the lower half of my body is so pale that I make vampires look tan. You can see veins and muscle...skin isn't thin, just really pale....and it doesn't tan. (I make people go blind in the summer lol). My upper chest, face and arms all somewhat tan, but not my legs!