New C25K for the New Year

Options

Replies

• tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Starting Week 5 today. I know that day one won't be too bad, but the twenty minute run is just around the corner. I'm running outside today, also. And it is about 25 degrees and icy. We'll see how this goes...........
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Ivy -- way to go!! You're doing awesome!

Mango -- I'd definitely count that run. It doesn't *really* matter since they're all the same on week 9. :wink:

So, I'm done with C25k but not with running. I want to improve my speed so last night I decided to do interval work with 2 different running speeds. Oh dear. I started off at 4.5 and ran for about 5 minutes. I was really out of breath so I slowed it down to 3.7 (yes, with my short lets, this is still a good jog for me) and ran for 2minutes before I picked it up at 4.5 again and so on. Slowly, the amount of time I was able to stay at 4.5 was less and less. I ran for 25 minutes this way & then cooled down (more due to time constraints more than physically needing to stop).
    I've read this, sprints, and hills are the best way to build speed. Any other ideas?
  • tc41586
    Options
    Running outside KICKED MY BUTT!!! I did W5D1 and burned 500 calories and my max HR was way too high. I finished it though, and I am still alive. Back to the treadmill for day two!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all. I have been MIA for the last week with a head cold. Still managed to get to step aerobics and took the kids for a walk 2 days around town for 30 mins. Did W2D1 today and felt great, burnt 380cals and managed to go 2.0 miles. Yesturday I went to step aerobics and they incorporated jump roping into our workout, man what an extra burn, managed to burn 835 cals. I hope everyone is doing well, I will try to get caught up in the post hopefully later this afternoon.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    okay, I just finished week 4. I'm SOOOO glad that it didn't feel as hard as it did on day 1! Can't wait to start week 5 on Thursday. Much longer runs coming up! AHHHHH!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Finished w6d1. I kept repeating something I read on Jeff Galloway's site and others here have said.

"I'm going slow. If it gets tough, I'll just slow down more."
  • renaegry
    Options
    Finished W2D2 today and burned 345 cals. Hopefully will finish week 2 on Saturday.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Killed week 5 day 1 of C25K today. A little anxious about the 8 min runs now!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Week 9 Day 2 completed!! One more day before I graduate!!
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    Couch to 5K completed!!! I ran 3.1miles in 40mins 44 seconds!!! Wooohoo!

Good luck to everyone else! Keep working hard!!!

I am going to go celebrate tonight :)

Have a nice weekend!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Congrats Mangoaddict!!

I ran outside for the first time today. No problem. I was even in public with a dog. Ran up and down hills -- easy peasy (well maybe not :tongue:). I liked it so much more than running on the treadmill.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Was supposed to start day 2 of week 5 today but haven't gottan around to it yet. We're trying to sell my car and have had people coming by all day to check it out and go for drives!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Congrats mango addict on finishing and jlb for having the courage to run outside.

W6D2 completed. It is getting easier. Hopefully after my 25 minute run it will be smooth sailing.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Finally was able to get back at the treadmill today and finished W2D3. Burned 329 cals and went 2.0 miles. Will start week 3 tomorrow.

Congrats mangoaddict that is a huge accomplishment.
  • tc41586
    Options
    I did W5D3's 20 minute run today on the treadmill. It was EASY. I did only run at 4mph, but I'm so glad I got through it!
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    My post couch to 5K run was easy and hard. I ran outside for 30 mins and then walked for 10 minutes to complete 3.6 miles. Yikes!! I celebrated my accomplishements by buying some new workout clothes. Good luck girls! Keep working hard.

A friend stopped by me at the mall today and said I looked really good. She asked me what I was doing! Couch to 5K baby!!!
  • renaegry
    Options
    Just finished W3D1 and have to say it was a lot easier then I thought it was going to be. Was jogging before at 5-5.2, but for the 3 min I knocked it down to 4.8. I even ran more then I had to, wanted to hit 20min with 5 min warm up and cool down.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I was cleared to get on the stationary bike yesterday, and half an hour didn't hurt me today, so I'm on schedule to be back from my injury! Yay! (Boy, I really missed cardio!)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Ugh!!! I finally sold my car and bought a new one. What stress that was!! It's been driving me nuts that I haven't been able to finish my week 5 day 3!!!!!!! I'm FOR SURE going to run as soon as I am done teaching today!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    W6D3 completed on to w7 mon