starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    OMG! Has anyone on the early days of level one seen level 3 exercises?! Holy moley! There's no way I'll ever be able to do those push ups with weights!! lol!
  • sffhcks001
    Options
    I've just got the DVD, I'm excited to start but dredding it at the same time. Fingers crossed I don't have a heart attack and it helps shift this horrid 30lbs!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Just got day 7 done... I went and bought some 8 lb weights.... today was TORTURE. My hub told me to get the 5 lb weights and I was all .... NAH..... I can do it..

Yeah, today sucked. Debating about taking the 8 lbs back and getting the 5's. Man, I hate it when he's right. :laugh:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I've intentionally not looked ahead!!! no spoilers :noway: :happy:
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to encourage EVERYONE to do the 30 Day Shred! I started out at 251 lbs (I'm 5'9" and 35 yrs old, mother of 2). To date, I have lost 66 lbs since June. I kept calories to 1200-1500 per day, and walked and did Jillian Michaels DVDs. I began with the 30 Day Shred, and I had HUGE results. I was terribly terribly out of shape, I had to stop and rest. I did all the modified versions for beginners. I would just pause it when I had to, then continue on. After finishing the 30 Day Shred, I went on to her other DVDs because I had lost so much weight and gotten in so much better shape--now I could do the 40-50 min workouts. I love Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones. I did those 3 months straight. I just started her new Kickboxing DVD this week. I have about 35 lbs left to lose to reach my goal weight. But I wanted to encourage you all to do the 30 Day Shred---no matter how badly you are out of shape---IT WORKS! I did it 5 days a week, sometimes 6. I always rested at least one day. FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND especially those of you who are busy moms like me, or who have similar weight/goals!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Just got day 7 done... I went and bought some 8 lb weights.... today was TORTURE. My hub told me to get the 5 lb weights and I was all .... NAH..... I can do it..

Yeah, today sucked. Debating about taking the 8 lbs back and getting the 5's. Man, I hate it when he's right. :laugh:

It's a big jump from 3-lb to 8-lb! You were very, very brave!

Can you keep the 8's but go ahead and get the 5's? That way you have the 8's ready when you are.

Good for you for moving up in weights! :)
  • Missymae09
    Options
    Im on day 6 today and I love it!
    After the workout i feel so accomplished!
    All you shredders out there, add me! :)
  • kathleenturner41
    Options
    what workout program are you guys referring to.
  • amandahahn85
    amandahahn85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im on day 6 today and I love it!
    After the workout i feel so accomplished!
    All you shredders out there, add me! :)

I'm starting day 5 today, and I totally agree with you! It's awesome! :laugh:
  • shanniebug
    shanniebug Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started level 2 yesterday. I like it much better than level 1. Except for Double Jump Rope. I don't like single jump rope much less double!!
  • queentomas
    Options
    I just started yesterday. It is a good workout!
  • Missymae09
    Options
    Double Jump Rope?
    Nooo!! I hate jump rope!
    I think its the only thing i hate
    throughout the whole thing!
    Level 1 anyway.
  • shanniebug
    shanniebug Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is about jump rope, but it kills me. I can handle any other cardio with no problems. It bothers my shins most of all....
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is about jump rope, but it kills me. I can handle any other cardio with no problems. It bothers my shins most of all....

You might need to look into new shoes- it could be a support issue... :-)
  • yaomihaha
    yaomihaha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do it with bare feet. It is not good. I need find a good pair of shoes.
    Many people said after some days you will get used to it and feel yourself getting stronger. But for me, everyday is even harder than the day before. I am on day 7 now.
  • cherryaide
    Options
    i did my first day today, it was ok but i think tomorrow will be horrible! also, i'm going away in a week and will have to miss a few days :(
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Day 8/level 1 done today!!! I am making it through everything now and I am now scared of what level 2 holds!! Wishing everyone great results and happy exercising!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I put my stop watch on yesterday and the work out is actually 26 minutes 45 seconds! It helped me because I could see how far I had gone and how much more I had to do!!
    Will do day 5 level 1 tomorrow morning. Told my friend about it and she has ordered it! Yay!
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and am really starting to feel it! Hoping to get good results like I'm seeing on here. Good luck!
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Ive just completed day 2 of level 3 and have so far lost 4lbs and 6 1/2 inches :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!