**Warning, whining imminent** 27 lbs, no one is noticing?

Options
12346»

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    You-can-do-anything-you-put.gif

HOW COME HER BOOBS STAY THE SAME SIZE!

>: (
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Think it can also be a case of there being "a magic pound" - there is just a pound where you suddenly look thinner. I know from past experience that I have several tipping points- going under 190, 164, 147 and 136- I just suddenly look a whole look slimmer than I did just a pound or two before. Then I have another plateau where I pretty much look the same til I reach the next tipping point and then suddenly I look thinner again.
    Yep. I think there is a "magic pound".
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better (and maybe it doesn't); I lost 35 lbs and dropped 5 pant sizes and had someone say, "you must be running again, your face has gotten thin"...really? What about my @ss? I wasn't aware running shrunk your face.... js some people are oblivious to any change...I'm sure it is very noticeable that you lost the weight; you just don't know the right people. :flowerforyou: Hang in there sweety....you will get even THEIR attention eventually.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Think it can also be a case of there being "a magic pound" - there is just a pound where you suddenly look thinner. I know from past experience that I have several tipping points- going under 190, 164, 147 and 136- I just suddenly look a whole look slimmer than I did just a pound or two before. Then I have another plateau where I pretty much look the same til I reach the next tipping point and then suddenly I look thinner again.
    Yep. I think there is a "magic pound".

AGREED!! Everybody has "a tipping point" when his/her body really shows the changes. Also, body recomposition shows a lot more than weight loss. If you don't strength train, you could end up looking exactly the same, just smaller.
  • tequilaCC
    Options
    i know the feeling!! before i had my son i was trying to lost weight and i was successful (19lbs). So one day i went to get my hair done and my hair dresser WHISPERED to me " you're losing weight?!" i said yea, she said "are you trying to?" and im thinking ok im hella fat so OF COURSE im trying to WTH lol. BUT i share that story to say its not that they don't notice... Sometimes they just don't want to offend.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I've lost basically 20 lbs, and no one's noticed either. It took me going around with an old picture and bragging for anybody to care. hahaha.

lol I'm about 2 seconds from putting I've lost 15 lbs sign on my chest! I went to my bf's nephews bday party, where I haven't seen some of those people in at least a few weeks. NO ONE said anything, not even "oh, youre looking good" or "did you do something different?" I've gone down about 2 whole sizes and only my fam notices :-( Oh well maybe once I buy smaller clothes people will notice...
  • AXAGEM
    AXAGEM Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's great that you have done so well in losing 27lbs thus far. However, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, because when people do start to really notice and know that you are actively trying to lose weight, there WILL be some people who assign themselves as your very own “Food and Exercise Police”. Trying to tell you what they think you should and shouldn’t be eating and what exercise you should be doing.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    It can take longer for people to notice at a higher weight, especially when someone sees you often. That's why looking at strangers on MFP makes the loss really obvious, but if you saw someone every day, you might not notice. My boyfriend couldn't see the difference until I showed him my before and after pictures the other day, and people at work didn't notice until just recently. It's just because little, subtle changes over time are hard to spot. I have a good friend at work, and I couldn't tell she'd lost weight until she lost 70 pounds and showed up in a new outfit. Then, all of a sudden, it hit me and I asked her, "Where did the rest of you go?!?" :)

Even relatives I haven't seen in a while don't really notice because I'm still pretty heavy, and they've seen me around 300+ for many years, so it won't be obvious to them until I'm closer to 250 or 200.

Chin up. :) Have you been taking pictures? I take new pictures every 10 pounds because even I can't see the difference sometimes. It's more obvious now that I'm 40 pounds lighter, but it wasn't when I was 20-30 pounds lighter. As you keep losing, it will become more and more obvious. It's much easier to tell when someone who is 250 loses 25 pounds than it is when someone 300+ loses 25 pounds. Having pictures of yourself can be a great motivator, to see how far you've come.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, it will come.

I got braces in March, but have been to that office since February when my daughter go her braces on. I've lost about 50 pounds since then, and they haven't said word one.

At work, they've seen me lose the whole 103-104 pounds, and I was 85 pounds into it when the Exec Director finally said something and I see her several times throughout the month. It took going to a board meeting where someone must have said something to her before she actually came over and asked how much weight I had lost. Now she asks about it more frequently.

Some people are just oblivious.
  • notmac
    notmac Posts: 89
    Options
    The other day, my 11 year old son said "Dad, you don't have as much fat hanging from your ribs as you used to." Is that what you had in mind? ;)
    Hahaha, that gave me a laugh, out of the the mouth of babe's
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work . . . It will happen! :)
  • AXAGEM
    AXAGEM Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You-can-do-anything-you-put.gif

HOW COME HER BOOBS STAY THE SAME SIZE!

>: (

LOL!!
  • Bikerjewelz
    Bikerjewelz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm down 24lbs and at the point where, likely previous poster said, every pound is noticeable. I got down to 201 2 weeks ago and felt great but regained 5..however thats possible...and now I feel fat again, but everyone else says they don't even notice...we have a friend who I thought GAINED weight...then I saw her a week llater and she looked way thinner...turns out she had lost 20lbs...so obviously clothes make a Huge difference. So does confidence and the way you carry yourself. Chin up. 27Lbs is major and if you feelbit, people will see it. Maybe MIL is just jealous? I have someone in my life who is incapable of complimenting me and always has snide comments..because she's jealous.