starting the 30 day shred

Replies

• lilysmama08
    lilysmama08 Posts: 60 Member
    L1D8 for me today. I can get thru everything but the lateral raises. I can do the side lunges fine too, I guess I just have weak arms! Question for y'all, me calves started feeling super tight two days ago. Anyone know some really good stretches for your calves?
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    I just finished day 6!!! Taking one day off tomorrow For my back then back at it!
  • Csengure
    Csengure Posts: 40 Member
    L2D2 is in the books. I approached level two with white knuckled terror having read that so many people hated it, but I like it much better. I sweat more, but I feel less tapped out afterward.

Man, though. Plank twists slay me. Jillian is a devil come to Earth but I thank her for her mercy in putting those last because I just crumple into a ball after those bad boys.
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Awww. A few of you have me dreading what level two has to offer. Question. How long did everyone stay on level one before they advanced? Just one week?
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    I've only done 2 days and one of my arms seriously hurts when I move it. Not sure whether you are meant to just power through it - putting more strain on it seems silly but I don't want to have a day off after two days.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Woke up with very painful knees today so I'm taking a rest day! Back for day 6 level 1 tomorrow !
  • bethhine
    bethhine Posts: 2 Member
    I'm on second week of L1, but am only doing it twice a week. I am running/walking in between sessions. If I did it every day I would get sooo bored and lose interest. It still works just as well. Best to adopt it to your lifestyle, and most of all, be able to enjoy it! :smile:
  • I've just re measured myself after the first 10 days on level 1 and have lost 8.5 inches overall, and gained 2lbs. I'm starting level 2 tomorrow :)
  • Pink722
    Pink722 Posts: 14 Member
    I bought the dvd 5 days ago so I think I will join in!:wink:
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    I've just re measured myself after the first 10 days on level 1 and have lost 8.5 inches overall, and gained 2lbs. I'm starting level 2 tomorrow :)

Wow!! That's pretty impressive! Imagine after level 2 & 3!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Awww. A few of you have me dreading what level two has to offer. Question. How long did everyone stay on level one before they advanced? Just one week?

I plan on doing the program as she states, 10 days at each level. I dont know what the general consensus is but thats my plan.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    I've just re measured myself after the first 10 days on level 1 and have lost 8.5 inches overall, and gained 2lbs. I'm starting level 2 tomorrow :)

I went up in weight as well. I was really starting to freak out. Today will be day 7 for me. I measured 2 days ago and had lost 2 inches in my waist and the scale is finally back down to where it was starting. Now bring on the losses!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member

I have been planning to follow the plan of 10 days on each level. However, as I am now at day 8 of level 1, I am pondering the idea of doing another ten days of level one using 10 pound weights. I may just go ahead to level 2. I haven't decided for sure yet. But I love what 8 days of level 1 has done for my arms using the 5 pound weights.
  • violet976
    Thanks for the input. I think I'll stick to the 10 days per level plan, if I am able. & wow to those of you using heavier weights. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm only at 3 pounds and I have to talk myself into those last 5 lifts on level 1. I think my arms must be the weakest part of me.

I'm happy to report that I made it through day 3 level 1 though, and this time managed to make it fully through each routine.

For those who are feeling a bit of pain or are concerned with tackling certain movements due to back or pain issues, I have found with earlier attempts at these dvds (I have 3 JM dvds now), if a move is too painful or too strenuous (I have back & knee issues that I keep in mind) I simply find a way to revise it & keep pace. I think it's more important that you are doing the best you can do safely with each move rather than feeling discouraged & turning the dvd off. If there is a move you simply cannot do, just improvise another beneficial one in at that point of the dvd and certainly don't count yourself as a failure for doing so. Improvising at one point or another certainly isn't cutting back what you are taking away from completing these dvds, and your body will tell you more than anything where you need to ease up or improvise. Think of the dvds as general guidelines, but they certainly can't account for everyone's specific abilities or injuries that may need to be worked around. ;)
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    I did L1 days 6 today. I'm still doing the modified versions where available, but at least I don't shake like I did the first couple of days and it doesn't seem like the work out is never going to end like it did. I'm past the soreness too, except my thighs where I'm trying to go deeper in the bends.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    well in on Level 2 day 3 i believe... and I Must say I felt a little stronger today. Through out the workout i feel weak at certain points. Like those plank -twists at the end...ughh I am sooo terrible at anything plank-like.

I am sure it'll get to be better! You just have to do it and not think about it :) I find myself looking forward to the work out everyday( iknow, crazy right?) lol
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Level 2 Day 8 all finished :)

Question: What size weights is everyone using????
  • violet976
    Shamefully, I'm a 3 pounder, and even those are killing my arms on level 1. :p
  • I was wondering the same thing about weights. I finished level one yesterday and will start L2 tomorrow. I used 5lbs for the first 5 days and then 8 lbs for the last 5 days. I can make it through the entire workout with the 8s except for the lateral raises..they kill me!
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    You can find 30 Day Shred on Youtube for free on the channel called BeFit.

I'm on day 2 but I really like it so far.

Thank you soooo much for the info.!!!!!! I'm going to try it!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!