So your eating less crap, but its still CRAP

Options

Replies

• downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

That being said, I'd bet that the OP is referring to people in her circle of friends who have stated goals that are not supported by their food choices and/or plans that do not include those food choices. OP has made some good progress based on her avatar pic, so she probably has valid things to say and the fact she cares about the people in her circle to the point she gets frustrated with them for sabotaging themselves means she's a good MFP pal.

This.
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    My maint calories are over 4000 calories a day. Dont be hating that i can fit in "crap", still eat more veggies than most and lose weight.
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Agreed, although a small treat here and there won't harm

Agreed, however many people think that small treat should be at every meal.

I have seen it too (and am guilty of it some days). Like I always say, you can't out exercise a bad diet. :drinker:

Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

Some people don't have "visible abs" as a goal. I'm almost 40 and been married nearly 20 years with two teenagers. Even when I was a teenager and running 3x a week, lifting weights 2x a week, and in the best shape of my life, I wasn't wearing bikinis and showing off my belly to the world. That's *never* been a goal of mine. My goal is to get below 25% BF, not 15 or 18% and I'll bet there are others who feel the same. In fact, the whole "visible abs" thing is pretty over-rated in my opinion.

Seriously, I just want to have the endurance that I had as a kid, to climb stairs without feeling as though I will die, to wear clothes that are 'normal people" size rather than "plus section" size.

It would behoove everyone in this community to consider the fact that we do not all have the same goals. I am pretty sure that if I were so skinny that you could see my abdominal muscles that I would start eating more candy each day! :laugh:

Live and let live! :flowerforyou:

:smokin:

I'm 31, been married 9 years, and the only men I care about impressing with my body are my husband and my doctor, neither of whom care about me being jacked, lifting hard, or having six-pack abs. My husband likes how women looked back in the day, thin but not hard. I happen to like that look, too.

Also, why does it seem like people who go on and on about clean eating and perfect diet guzzle processed protein powder (i.e. CRAP) by the gallon? Have your shake, leave me my sugar.
  • lalalyn12
    lalalyn12 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had went into the original post diary, and it seems to me that she does not eat 100% clean, I did not know gyro meat was healthy, and I seen days where you did not even post which leads me to believe you prob went out to dinner or had an all out pig day...no one is not perfect including yourself, we all have to learn how to eat better, that is why we are on here and that is why we add friends, we can influence each other..I know if I ate 100% healthy, then I do not think I could have lasted a month and would of ended up binging and turning completely back to my old ways, I have healthy days, I have bad days, and then I have combination days, but when I look at my friends diaries, some influence me to eat better or give me ideas to eat better...So when you can prove that you are 100% no crap in your diet than you can talk about others, but until then, let them do whatever they feel they want to do, its their body, let them deal with it and work it out..
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    my 2 chocolate chip cookies last night were really good :happy: what was this topic about again.....:yawn:
  • Banker2Bikini
    Banker2Bikini Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Could you define "crap" that they are eating?

Is it like the Papa Johns, Blue Moon Beer, Subway Pizza, Dunkin Donuts, and Pumpkin Pie Ice cream that is in your diary???

Just wondering.
  • kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This is funny! lol
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm, tasty, tasty crap....

Seriously, it's just not that important to me what other people eat. I rarely, if ever, even look at other people's diaries. You have no idea how far they have come from what they used to eat, or even where they want to go. Maybe their goal isn't to eat clean, but just eat less. Good on them for succeeding by THEIR OWN measure, not someone else's. :yawn:
  • dodom252002
    dodom252002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Several years ago, I lost 50 pounds and went from a size 16 to depending on how it was made a 4/6. I did this not by dieting but as a choice to cut out fast food (which is the devil)! I maintained that size for about 2 1/2 years, then I went through a divorce and started dating a man who was a fast food junkie. Needless to say, I started eating fast food again. Well as you can probably guess, I gained 30 of the 50 back that i had lost. When we split up, I quit eating fast food but started working 2 jobs that put me at work some days for more than 16 hours a day. One of those jobs is a bartender, so I am constantly around fried foods. Although I haven't gained anymore weight, I have felt pretty crappy from eating like that. I need vegetables or I do not feel well. I started back trying to be mindful of what I am putting in my mouth 3 days ago. When I got out of bed this morning (on the start of day 3) I had already lost 4.2 pounds. Not only had I lost that weight, I'm not bloated and I'm already feeling better. I'm not starving myself but I am being very aware of what I am eating. With all of this being said, if I want something, I will eat it but I will try to substitute something else out for it. You can not make a change in how you eat and make it permanent if you are constantly wanting something else and denying it.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    My maint calories are over 4000 calories a day. Dont be hating that i can fit in "crap", still eat more veggies than most and lose weight.

AND he kicks *kitten*
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    That's funny, many people on here who are in INCREDIBLE shape..... eat icecream and poptarts while posting on this forum....

Get over yourself, you can be fat on tons of healthy food as well as crap.

Must be that crazy calories in calories out thing..
  • TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

You work out at Planet Fitness, don't you...
    [/quote]

I do, one of the best decisions I've made...
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    AMEN x
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I eat crap all the time and I've been maintaining my goal weight for over a year. Eliminating all the crap that I like just makes for a really long boring life. If it fits in my budget and I want it, then I eat it. Not all day everyday but life is for living not counting out the micronutrients in seaweed.
    This.
    Definitely.
    Reached my goal in Nov 2011, so almost a year.
    Been +/- 3 lbs since then.
    Just finished a cinnamon roll.
    Had a piece of pecan pie last night.
    Probably categorized as 'crap' but it tastes good.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Crap is good for my mental health.

Also *you're. Sorry, but it's driving me mental.
    lol^^
    I have lost 50lbs from eating crap in moderation lol
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Could you define "crap" that they are eating?

Is it like the Papa Johns, Blue Moon Beer, Subway Pizza, Dunkin Donuts, and Pumpkin Pie Ice cream that is in your diary???

Just wondering.

:laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:

138204282285072485_pQTxCiJX_c.jpg
  • dodom252002
    dodom252002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Crap is good for my mental health.

Also *you're. Sorry, but it's driving me mental.
    lol^^
    I have lost 50lbs from eating crap in moderation lol

Moderation being the key! My crap is beer and sometimes its not always in moderation! :blushing:
  • Wwonderful
    Options
    F this, I'm closing my diary!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    <---- Eats white bread (and dinner rolls) with margarine

YUM!

I've seen some of the diaries that you're talking about. White bread and margarine for breakfast, a Snickers bar and a bag of chips for lunch, etc. I really had no idea people ate like that!

I think she was being facetious. :wink:

After seeing the way this whole thread has gone, i agree with the person that said Unfriend them if it bothers you. It really is about each persons journey and if you need/want like minded people, delete the ones that aren't.

Or if you are really concerned, reach out to them and they may delete you for trying. :laugh:

Most threads could totally be avoided if people just post this junk in their newsfeeds instead of the forums.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I keep logging my crap too. Spinach is yuk, but I keep logging it. lol