So your eating less crap, but its still CRAP

Options

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I've seen some of the diaries that you're talking about. White bread and margarine for breakfast, a Snickers bar and a bag of chips for lunch, etc. I really had no idea people ate like that!
    Yes and I've seen people eat refried beans and enchiladas for breakfast too.

To each his/her own. Who is anyone to say what you can eat and when or even why someone eats what they do when they eat it?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    That's funny, many people on here who are in INCREDIBLE shape..... eat icecream and poptarts while posting on this forum....

Get over yourself, you can be fat on tons of healthy food as well as crap.
    Although I don't eat poptarts, I certainly leave 20% of my daily calories for ice cream, cookies, candy and homemade cheesecake. As long as about 80% of one's calories comes from "healthy" choices, I could care less what clients stuff their mouths to fulfill the remaining 20%.

People always toss out the word eating "clean" and take it far too literally. If I need calories, and had to choose between ice cream and celery, I'll reach for the freezer and a spoon. It's all about ratios and context.
  • Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It's really driving me mental!!! I have something like 89 friends on here. I browse a lot of food journals (friends and random people, too) and am SHOCKED by what I see most of the time. Most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways. Food for thought on this Thursday. Lean on your support network if you need help. That's why we're here! Why log in every day and record CRAP. If you want to change your body, CHANGE YOUR DIET!

I've been around a short time, but I am going to put my 2 cents in like everyone and thier dog has. It's great you "care" about the people on your friend's list. THAT'S GREAT. But the fact is you're not just complaining about them. You are also complaining about random people's journals too. You don't know them... where they came from.. so how can you judge them? You certainly don't know if they've been "complaining" about thier lack of progress either or what thier goals are. In regards to your friends on MFP, how do you know they haven't changed thier diet at all? Do you know what they were eating before they joined MFP? It shocks me that you would start a thread complaining about what your friends' MFP food diaries are like. Especially since each one of your friends will get a link to this thread that you started in thier news feed. Curious to know how many of your friends will either change thier journal to private or de-friend you altogether. Its not like you started a thread stating the importantance of cleaning eating with actual facts or anything.... or any words of ENCOURAGEMENT You started a thread COMPLAINING about THEM. I will end on these notes: We are all here for a reason. Whether its to lose weight, become more fit, or maintain. Point being we use this sight for a reason, like oh maybe, we're not perfect. So you shouldn't act like you are either. Lastly, next time your frustrated and want to complain about something especially if it's about your MFP friends, try a blog. You can get it off your chest and no one will read it, as long as you have the blog's entry to private. That way, you won't create more negative feedback, and you won't sound like a judgemental ***** :)
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    In the last 6 months I'm down 47lbs, LOTS of inches, I'm stronger than I've ever been, I can run miles for the first time in my life, I look pretty damn hot after having 3 babies, I have inspired friends and family to get healthier, my kids look up to me more than ever... Should I go on? Oh yeah, and I just pre-logged the pizza I'm going to eat with my kids before we go to Zoo Boo tonight. Crap? Sure. But this is maybe the 5th time I've had pizza in 6 months, and I'm not going to feel bad about it because some stranger who drinks meal replacement shakes (which, since we're being honest here, are gross imo) doesn't approve. So you drink your powder, and I'll eat my pizza, and we'll all have a lovely night. Mmmkay? :happy:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Agreed, although a small treat here and there won't harm

Agreed, however many people think that small treat should be at every meal.

I have seen it too (and am guilty of it some days). Like I always say, you can't out exercise a bad diet. :drinker:

Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

Some people don't have "visible abs" as a goal. I'm almost 40 and been married nearly 20 years with two teenagers. Even when I was a teenager and running 3x a week, lifting weights 2x a week, and in the best shape of my life, I wasn't wearing bikinis and showing off my belly to the world. That's *never* been a goal of mine. My goal is to get below 25% BF, not 15 or 18% and I'll bet there are others who feel the same. In fact, the whole "visible abs" thing is pretty over-rated in my opinion.

Seriously, I just want to have the endurance that I had as a kid, to climb stairs without feeling as though I will die, to wear clothes that are 'normal people" size rather than "plus section" size.

It would behoove everyone in this community to consider the fact that we do not all have the same goals. I am pretty sure that if I were so skinny that you could see my abdominal muscles that I would start eating more candy each day! :laugh:

Live and let live! :flowerforyou:

:smokin:

I'm 31, been married 9 years, and the only men I care about impressing with my body are my husband and my doctor, neither of whom care about me being jacked, lifting hard, or having six-pack abs. My husband likes how women looked back in the day, thin but not hard. I happen to like that look, too.

Also, why does it seem like people who go on and on about clean eating and perfect diet guzzle processed protein powder (i.e. CRAP) by the gallon? Have your shake, leave me my sugar.

:drinker:

You betcha! Another poster commented on that too. The OP is guzzling powdery *CRAP* then telling others not to eat crap. Seems a little hypocritical to me. One person's crap is another person's *yummy* :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I've read these interesting posts and thought of these quotes:

Our fear of hypocrisy is forcing us to live in a world where gluttons are fine, so long as they champion gluttony.
    Jonah Goldberg

Gluttony is not a secret vice.
    Orson Welles

Be sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the wrong. Sometime in life you have been all of these!

“The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    ― George Carlin

Resolve to be cheerful and helpful. People will repay you in kind.

"Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it" - Benjamin Franklin

Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don’t need it and fools won’t heed it.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    After reading 12 pages of this as well as the other Reece's Protein Shake thread, I've come to the conclusion that it's time for an overly large serving of chocolate milkshake (protein crap, Greek yogurt, and frozen strawberries). Yummy!
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Shoveling down some mac and cheese as I read this.. Lately, forums are just mostly entertainment...
    We do what we do for ourselves.. I don't remember signing up to please you or anyone else..

Cheers
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    you obviously arent in shape if you posted this....according to brohammer earlier
  • thrashrn
    Options
    I agree with the OP. I only eat organic veggies grown 20 feet from my door. Everthing else is full of chemical CRAP that will kill you in 60-100 years.
  • stefaiman
    Options
    It's really driving me mental!!! I have something like 89 friends on here. I browse a lot of food journals (friends and random people, too) and am SHOCKED by what I see most of the time. Most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways. Food for thought on this Thursday. Lean on your support network if you need help. That's why we're here! Why log in every day and record CRAP. If you want to change your body, CHANGE YOUR DIET!

EXCUSE ME missy I think this site is for motivation and inspiration NOT criticizing!!!!!!! To make a change is good, little changes over time are more likely to stick than huge all of a sudden changes. I do agree, it may still be crap but if it's less crap than before that's a small change. Any change takes motivation and willpower and cutoz to those people that can go from eating nothing but crap to eating nothing but good foods AND can stick it out long term, but for a majority of people if such a drastic and sudden change is made it will only be a matter of time before you return to eating the junk! That's called a crash diet I believe......
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Less is more.

For me and many others, completely removing all "crap" from our lives leads to binges and misery. Having a little junk once and while keeps me happy and within my limits. I've never been more successful at this in my life. Guess it works?!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Some people aren't here to change their eating habit just change of how much they eat of it. For me I know I eat crap some days, some days I have a great day. At least I'm eating...
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Less is more.

For me and many others, completely removing all "crap" from our lives leads to binges and misery. Having a little junk once and while keeps me happy and within my limits. I've never been more successful at this in my life. Guess it works?!

This too :)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I tell my kids "If you eat it everyday then it's not a treat anymore."

My 16 yr old is into "But it's good for my SOUL!" when it comes to food (treats)- so we have the "if it's everyday it's no longer special or a treat"
  • happythermia
    Options
    I eat what I like. And if it's "crap" then I eat less of it.

Easy peasy.
  • stacyhall79
    Options
    threads like this, is the sole reason my diary is private. I know that I am within my calorie count, and i know I don't eat perfectly, but neither does the OP, or else she wouldn't need to be here either. I don't care what others eat...I still see people losing weight and good for them!
  • mellym25
    Options
    "Crap" is subjective. What you think is "crap," other people might not agree with. What you think is healthy, other people might think is "crap." I mean, I see things in your diary that I would label as "crap," as I think people should eat real food, rather than processed stuff like PB2 and meal replacement shakes. But, to each their own.

Agreed

I agree. Meal replacements? How is that going to be 'good' for any one.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Gotta love those crappy snacks. Enjoying life and have been maintaining.

th-1.jpg
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are eating crap, but the point of this post was just to show how enlightened you think you are. . . . .