What is your biggest motivator?

Options

Replies

• andrealeighx33
    andrealeighx33 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That is so AWESOME. I always wanted to do that when I was in college but I never did :/ I think part of it had to do with how unhappy I was with myself and my weight.

But good for you! You'll have so much fun :) Where are you going?

I'm moving to Canada (:
    I feel a little insecure about my weight too, but hopefully it'll all change after these couple months! Got to exercise a lot and watch the snacking.. Finding it hard to find time because I'm actually having my exams now :ohwell: Once exams are over with it's exercise all the way!

That will be so fun! I don't miss the stress from exams, that's for sure! I'm definitely a stress eater. D: The fact that you've started to change your lifestyle is something to be proud of. I'm sure you'll make these next few months count :)
  • andrealeighx33
    Options
    I am 45 and started losing weight 2 1/2 yrs ago down 75 total from when i started and got back on MFP after a long injury. I want to be able to do whatever I want and so far I am in better shape then when I was half this age. Anyone looking for support and motivation can add me. All the wonderful people I have met have made this journey fun and it pushes me to keep at it.

75 lbs!? That's is insanely awesome! Sorry about the injury though; I can relate. :/
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I want to know how i look like thin! that's my biggest motivation.
    THIS!
    I have always been overweight. I want to know what I will look like fit and lean.
  • andrealeighx33
    Options

Oh my god I'm so curious too! Especially about my cheeks, they've always been big; I wonder what my face will look like without them :O
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options

Oh my god I'm so curious too! Especially about my cheeks, they've always been big; I wonder what my face will look like without them :O
    They dont really go away :grumble: Same problem lol
  • andrealeighx33
    Options

They dont really go away :grumble: Same problem lol

HAHAHA oh noooooo! Well, I guess I can be okay with that as long as I have a flat stomach!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    This may sound a little bit sad, but my motivator was a picture of a friend of mine, roughly the same age, with his top off after a match that he played.

We both play sport for different teams, and I had always figured I was roughly as fit/string as him. He is 35 and looked like he was cut from stone. I looked at myself in the mirror and looked like a beached whale, all i needed was a few people with sticks poking me.

Thats was the day I signed up here. Was down to 13.5 stone, slipped out to 14stone, but getting back on track thankfully.

In six 6months from now I want a six pack
  • andrealeighx33
    Options
    This may sound a little bit sad, but my motivator was a picture of a friend of mine, roughly the same age, with his top off after a match that he played.

We both play sport for different teams, and I had always figured I was roughly as fit/string as him. He is 35 and looked like he was cut from stone. I looked at myself in the mirror and looked like a beached whale, all i needed was a few people with sticks poking me.

Thats was the day I signed up here. Was down to 13.5 stone, slipped out to 14stone, but getting back on track thankfully.

In six 6months from now I want a six pack

Oh I have quite a few pictures of me that make me cringe. They are definitely eye openers. I'm no where near my goal weight yet but I can already see a difference in pictures and in the mirror; it's what keeps me going. I'm not completely disgusted with my body anymore because I now have hope.

Good to hear you're getting back on track! 6 months from now I want to be at least half way to my GW :) Good luck!
  • MegMorrisonWilson
    Options
    I'm thin everywhere but thighs, butt, and stomach. It's crazy bad. I can make it look like I've got little to no fat with clothes on- but I'm tired of hiding. I want a flat tummy. I hate being insecure when I'm in the shower and rushing to get dressed or put on a bathrobe. Also, my boyfriend is about 3000 miles away from me and I only get to see him over school breaks if we're lucky. When I see him at Thanksgiving, I want to wow him. We've been going a year and a half now. Keeping the surprises coming for each other is always a good thing. We always go running together- when I get ready to run in just a sports bra for the first time in my life, I'd like to see his jaw drop a little. :)
  • Princess41463
    Princess41463 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My biggest motivator is seeing myself naked in the mirror ... but once I get dressed and all the "truth" is nicely hidden I can think of a million reasons not to go to the gym or why it's okay to eat just one chocolate donut. :( One thing that makes it hard is that no matter how much I work out I'm always going to have the stretchmarks and the cellulite. Tough to get motivated when I know there is nothing that can be done about either of those.

Menopause bites! lol
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My daughter...i want her to think her daddy is big and strong...Plus the kid is heavy as hell and always wants "up"
  • llayc013
    Options
    its not about motivation....its committing yourself and putting forth the dedication towards your goal.....as a great trainer Elliott Hulse would say, motivation is B.S.
    Hey everyone! I'm 21 (about to be 22 in a few months) and I'm determined to lose the weight! Growing up I've always been the chubby girl. However, when I started high school I had slimmed down from playing competitive soccer. My junior year I tore my ACL, had to have knee surgery, and was not able to run for 10 months. Since then I've had issues with my knee and my eating habits have gotten out of control. It's been 5 years and I'm sick of it; I would really love to be able to play soccer again!

I'm out of college now and I thought to myself "If I have the determination to finish school, then I definitely have the determination to lose the weight!" In the last few months I have been doing weight watchers however I've decided to try out MFP because I've heard so many great things about this site and about the supportive community. :) I'm down 26 lbs and am looking to lose about 75 more!

I'm looking for friends who will be encouraging and supportive; Ones who will help keep me motivated and I will do the same in return (: Feel free to add me!

But first, what's your biggest motivator for wanting to lost the weight?
    Mine would have to be the cute clothes! I'm sick of wearing plain t-shirts and jeans. I want to be able to fit into cute dresses and shorts!
  • SkeletonSong
    Options
    I think you're doing a great thing by getting healthy, it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. My biggest motivator is being a hot mom when I'm older ;) It started off by wanting to avoid the freshman 15 in college and then when I LOST 15 my first month of college instead of gaining, I decided to keep going! I've since changed my major to be a nutritionist and personal trainer/phys ed. and that now motivates me as well to know I'll be able to use what I've learned to help other people!

For you I think a great motivator is just to think about how great you felt playing competitive soccer and work towards that feeling again!

I wish you the best in your weight loss and I know you can do it :D
  • SkeletonSong
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My largest motivators are:

1. Looking as hot as possible in the buff.
    2. Gaining confidence.
    3. Living as long as possible!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be the old fat guy.

to date chicks half my age

to preform better then guys half my age

it feels better then doing nothing

to look a guy in the eyes and know at 45 I can kick his *kitten*

it's the only body I have I sould really take care of it
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day.....ultimately it's my poor family health history! But on days when that motivation is feeling laggy, it's my great MFP buddies <3
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    These are just a few.. I do have a list somewhere with over 150 reasons but that would take to long to post :)

-I want to feel confident enough to date
    -I want to be an example for others
    -I want to wear cute clothes. It's so hard to find cute clothes at this size
    -I don't want my niece and nephew to grow up with a fat aunt
    -I want to be able to run and play with my niece and nephew instead of just sitting on the sidelines watching them.
    -I want to be able to fit in one seat in an airplane
    -I want to run
    -i want to prove all those people wrong who said I would always be a fat worthless person
    -I want to be unrecognizable at my class reunion
    -I want to go into any restaurant and not have "booth panic"
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    biggest motivater for me is getting a six figure salary,im about 40 pounds away from getting THE JOB...i know its the 40 pounds thats holding me back...and yes i am a male.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to look good naked. I want feel and look equally sexy in and out of my clothes. Forty for me is a couple years away and I intend to be in the best shape of my life.

Congrats on the 26lbs and keep going you'll make that goal with such a positive attitude.

I'm pretty sure you already look just fine :)