What is YOUR breakfast go to??

Replies

• I've been doing up a smoothie with greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, ground chia seeds, kale and whatever fruit is in the fridge. I drink it on the way to work (I leave at 6:45 and get to work at 7:30) and it keeps me going all morning. Love it!!
  • FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    This may sound weird but I love:

4 egg whites, 1/3 cup oatmeal (quick oats) and 2tbs of peanut butter and some truvia.

Here's what you do:
    1. Mix the egg whites and quick oats in a bowl.
    2. Pour them into a heated up small skillet and cook through. Flip once and cook the other side.
    3. Place on a plate (It's like a pancake)
    4. Spread the peanut butter on it then sprinkle some truvia on it for extra sweetness
    5. Enjoy

I know it sounds weird but it is UBER healthy. Also the eggs whites and oats are pretty tasteless so it just takes on the falvor of the peanut butter. It has all three MACROS. Protein in the eggs, carbs in the oats, and fats in the peanut butter. It's is much better for your waistline than a real pancake, but it is 100% good for you.
  • dogbreath2000
    dogbreath2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Shredded Wheat with fresh fruit. Filling and a great source of fiber.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    I have a few:

1. 1 egg, 2 egg whites, ham, cheese, spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms in an omelette
    2. Chocolate protein powder with almond milk and PB2
    3. Toast with Planters Nutrition energy PB
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    My breakfast go to is:
    Oatmeal with raisens, banana. (sometimes I will add strawberries (when I have them), marshmallows, and sometimes a put some cocoa crispies in there also so it turns chocolatey :love: just to be different)

If I am in a hurry I have cocoa crispies with raisens and banana...it's just quicker to put toghether :happy:
  • mehani48
    mehani48 Posts: 33 Member
    I love Greek yogurt but it makes my glucose spike too high.

I usually stick to some form of egg whites - usually in what I named an inside-out omelet cooked with every vegetable in the fridge and topped with homemade salsa.
  • I always have 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese and a piece of fruit (apple, banana, 1C grapes, etc ...) this keeps me going for 3 hours or so until I have lunch. It is not enough calories if I am trying to go 4-5 hours between meals, so, I would add an egg or two if I knew I was going to have to wait for lunch longer than normal.
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Everyday I have either an apple or a banana with almond or peanut butter. On weekends I make egg white omlettes and other fun stuff but during the week if a stray from my normal fruit and nut butter I get hungry and snack on other junk.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    scrambled egg, morning star veggie sausage patty, on a double-fiber English muffin. with an Iced Mocha made from Coconut-almond milk, Hershey lite syrup and a shot of espresso.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Like many I like to have a protein boost to the day. These are my two usual breakfasts:

1 potato, microwaved, sliced then dry fried in non stick pan with spray of oil, or I add a TINY knob (3g) butter
    1 tomato, sliced, ditto
    2 eggs, ditto
    lots of black pepper
    black coffee no sugar no milk (I used to have milk & two sugars, taught myself not to do that)!
    About 250 cals depending on sizeof potato & tomato

or

Vogel's soy & Linseed Ultra Bran cereal 30g
    yoghurt - some sort of low fat yoghurt - a serve eg 150-175 depending on brand
    almond milk unsweetened - half a cup
    coffee ditto
    About 200 cals - I also sometimes add fruit, a blob of Greek low fat yoghurt, a handful of different cereal, a teaspoon of honey, just depends.
  • A cup of oats, a TBSP each of pumpkin seeds, walnuts, raisins, cranberries, and sunflower seeds, a banana, and 1/2 cup of almond milk, or SOMETIMES chocolate coconut milk { For a treat...like on a Sunday maybe :) } --- All mixed together and eaten like cereal!
  • I drink coffee or tea :)
  • kiltiemacbagpipes6
    kiltiemacbagpipes6 Posts: 10 Member
    3 eggs, scrambled (no oil, I have a really nice non-stick pan) with a handful of spinach, a three-finger-pinch of shredded mozzerella, and some chopped walnuts. Awesome.
  • Bellemorte24
    Bellemorte24 Posts: 24 Member
    Bannana, grilled chicken breast (lol I know) or a shake
  • Protein shake with almond milk , yogurt, and fresh fruit... just love this and fast!
  • Some scrambled egg whites with a tiny bit of sea salt. Or oatmeal with blueberries and cinnamon. Or even just some sauteed veggies with salsa and light sour cream - or plain.
  • scriehl
    scriehl Posts: 94 Member
    This morning it was a slice of whole wheat toast with a 'fried' egg on top then out the door to the gym I went.
  • Oatmeal with a piece of fruit.. I have it almost every day. Quick and keeps me full.
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Instant oatmeal! It's my favorite!
  • goffley3
    goffley3 Posts: 68 Member
    My go to is a serving Special K cereal, with lots and lots of water to help me full more full!!