Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I like turkey bacon!

Cool.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    If you like turkey bacon great but I wouldn't eat it thinking it's healthier. Bacon is a good source of Protein, Niacin and Selenium. Turkey bacon is only a good source of phosphorus (kinda sad that it's not a good source of protein... and puzzling). But real bacon also has:

Thiamin
    Riboflavin
    Vitamin B6
    Folate
    Vitamin B12
    Pantothenic Acid
    Choline
    Betaine
    Iron
    Magnesium
    Phosphorus
    Potassium
    Zinc
    Copper
    Manganese

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/pork-products/7676/2#ixzz29RKeafnG
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Dude, turkey bacon is so good!!!
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    Lol, this made me giggle :D I hate turkey bacon. The first time I ate it I was appalled that other people were actually enjoying it. I still don't understand why someone wouldn't want the REAL stuff!! haha Eh, oh well, to each his own!
  • parissimone72
    parissimone72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not all turkey bacon is created equal. Try Oscar Myer....it's really good and sometimes I think I'm eating pork bacon
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    We eat turkey bacon almost everyday with our 3 egg and veggie omlets. It doesnt taste like bacon, nor do i think it tastes as good as bacon, but you can microwave it and you cant with regular bacon. The price of turkey bacon is the same or lower than regular bacon, esp as the bacon shortage gets worse.

We'll probably eat more regular bacon when we slaughter our own pigs next fall.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon=fail
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat both turkey bacon and real bacon (but the real stuff is only for 'special' occasions' lol). Jennie-O turkey bacon is my fave, but I do have to admit that when you see "chopped and formed" on any package - it kind of lowers the 'yum' factor.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    To each their own, my friend. My kids and I actually *prefer* turkey bacon.
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Turkey bacon is just plain discusting! :sick: Real bacon :love: or run!!!
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I hate turkey bacon...turkey sausage is a totally different story tho.
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    yummy, yummy, I like turkey bacon, turkey sausage, turkey burgers. And have you ever seen a turkey, they are ugly and dumb and yes I can eat them. Turkeys: The dumbest of them all. Benjamin Franklin called Thanksgiving’s main course an “animal of courage,” but a 1997 Oregon State University poll found turkeys to be the dumbest of all the animals.
    Pigs; Pigs are very intelligent and learn quickly. They pick up tricks faster than dogs. Pigs rank #4 in animal intelligence behind chimpanzees, dolphins and elephants. Piglets learn their names by two to three weeks of age and respond when called.

Eat turkey, not pig :glasses:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    yummy, yummy, I like turkey bacon, turkey sausage, turkey burgers. And have you ever seen a turkey, they are ugly and dumb and yes I can eat them. Turkeys: The dumbest of them all. Benjamin Franklin called Thanksgiving’s main course an “animal of courage,” but a 1997 Oregon State University poll found turkeys to be the dumbest of all the animals.
    Pigs; Pigs are very intelligent and learn quickly. They pick up tricks faster than dogs. Pigs rank #4 in animal intelligence behind chimpanzees, dolphins and elephants. Piglets learn their names by two to three weeks of age and respond when called.

Eat turkey, not pig :glasses:

Thanks for that lol.