30day shred

Options

Replies

• strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Still on level 1, did day 7 today. Tried level 1 and 2 yesterday and wasnt in much pain today so alls well. Still cant do push ups very well even on the modified version. Level 2's i did most things modified as i was just trying it out but i dont think ill cope well with all the sit up stances. Sticking with it so far.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I wear a HRM and weigh 140.....I use 8-10 pound weights and I am super fit. I burn 200 calories EASY
  • gemfox
    gemfox Posts: 107
    Options
    Hey all,
    So, last time I tried this whole "new me" thing I did pretty well, kept reading 30DS posts and freaked out at how hard people made it sound. This time round I have a full on focus and can't really say no to it!!
    I have just ordered it from Amazon and it should arrive this week which is exciting. For now as a bit of an intro I have found some of Jillians cardio classes on You Tube. If 30DS is anything like them....wow I am going to hurt!!!
    Will let you know how it goes once I start but pretty excited to see the results!
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi Chloe, Hi everyone,

day 2 level 2 for me today. had a few days off not sure if it was perhaps one day too many as I could hardly lift my feet off the floor today. I do level 2 better than level 1. And that double skip rope at the end is a hoot trying to stay co-ordinated.

After your prompt Chloe I did take some photos. Can probably see a small difference but will see after this next level. Don't know if I have mentioned this already but it is actually the area just under my belly paunch that seems to be toning first. Weird!

Keep on shredding!!!
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Just did day 3 level two! after two days of rest from 30ds (but other light exercise done instead) i have too say that day 3 was a lot easier than day 1 and 2. Maybe my body was really tired before hence the two days rest needed! i feel a lot better now and although i don't enjoy it as much as level 1 it was good! and i feel great now!

I also tried out my new ankle weights before i did it- i just did a few jumping squats etc too try them and they are Awesome! really felt my butt working which is what i am aiming for!

Im going on a bike ride this arvo- dad asked em to go with him so bring on the new challange!

:) Happy Shredding
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Trixiemou- do u mean that pouch under your belly button - the annoying fat pouch! haha?? cos i can feel that going as well!
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Hi Chloejaneg100, Ha how formal does that sound. Yes the same pouch, but its wierd as it is going from the bottom first, if you know what I mean, and I know its sounds gross, but little pockets of fat seem to be moving around, hopefully just before they go! Any one else noticed this.

I do have a bit of a problem tho as I slipped on the wet stone stairs yesterday and knocked my back so do not know yet if I am aching of day 2 or off the knock. May just have to take it easy for a couple of days.
    Have a good weekend everyone, and keep on shredding!

ps, no I haven't got ankle weights either, no I mean I really haven't....... I did see something on here about 'brazilian butt' don't know if you have looked at that yet.
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 level 1. Definitely like her routines & the quick pace that she moves onto the next exercise, but a few of them are still giving me a run for my money. The side lunges/lateral raises & the final bicycle crunches still kill me (& I'm only using the 3 pound weights). But I am seeing a bit of improvement since day one. I can actually get through the entire routine now without cutting anything short, except for the squats/bicep curls, which I have to improvise with standard squats due to one knee that I hurt in one of many falls.

Also incorporating Butt Bible that I started tonight & love, along with daily 2.5 mile walks. Hoping to make it through the full 30 days, but I must say I'm quite frightened of level 2 from many of the comments I've read.
  • ilovespurs61
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Newbie here! My 30 Day Shred has arrived and I will be starting on Monday. I gave up smoking at the beginning of the month but I have replaced the nicotine with food! I am hoping that if I start exercising, I will be more likely to continue being smoke free and I will lose the weight I have put on over the past few years.

My friend is also doing 30 Dat Shred so hopefully that will give the motivation to succeed.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    hmmmm i just looked at that butt bible on youtube! im going to give it a go now before my level2 30DS.
    ahhhhhhh 8 weeks till its bikini time!! stressing!
  • leia_ophelia
    leia_ophelia Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am 115 lbs and 32 yr old female. From my heart rate monitor it says i burn around 160-170. your should be burning more or less depending on your weight and age
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Just did day 4 Level 2..was huffing and puffing by the end of it! I havnt had time too fit in any other cardio today so i feel bad as i have only burnt 173 out of 205! But ill make up for it in the week!

I also did the Butt bible before my 30ds today, it goes for about 17 mins before cool down. But dont know what too add it as and cant see it burning much calories as its more of a strength workout!

Does anyone do Butt bible and what do you log it as?

:)
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. Day 5 level 1, did it in front of a mirror wearing pants and a sports bra... My belly jiggled SO MUCH during jumpy moves, haha!

I will vanquish the jiggle... some day, not TOO far in the future...
  • violet976
    Options
    I just started my second day of Butt Bible. I think in this group ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7456-the-butt-bible-group ) some had said they logged in in as circuit training, so that's what I've been doing. I know what you mean though, it definitely doesn't feel like one would be burning as many calories as 30DS... If you figure out a better way to log it, please let me know.
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Morning,

This has nothing to do with 30DS as I am resting due to my poorly back, just didn't want to give up on you all yet haha! Looks like I may just have to have my rest day at the beach instead.

Hi Chloe, looks like my beach body has missed for this year s it is starting to cool down here, which gives me till April........

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Haha lucky you trixiemou u have longer than me! Oh and yes i think my 'pouch' is reducing from the bottom up! haha wierd

day 5 for me today on level 2! are you going to do it today?

Keep Shredding everyone!
  • violet976
    Options
    Day 7 of level 1 complete. I'm also on day 3 of Butt Bible level 1, and doing a 2.5 mile walk uphill/downhill each day. Definitely feeling like I have more endurance for this now, even though I still curse my way through a couple of parts. I think it helps tremendously to get through the first few days & finally realized that you are capable of pulling through the hard parts.

I am, however, feeling a bit of it in the knees, so I got myself a calcium supplement today & will be getting a joint supplement as well. I'm planning to attempt to incorporate half of a Richard Simmons video each day as well, as I just don't have time to squeeze in the whole routine with all of the other workout routines.

Thanks for being such a great source of support ladies!
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Violet76 Hows butt bible going? do you feel it working?

Day 5 level 2 30DS for me today! ......and day 2 level 1 Butt bible
    i also did some zumba and went for a small walk today.

Level 2 30ds is definitely getting easier! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • violet976
    Options
    @ Chloejaneg: I think I can feel it some. I'm also doing the 2.5 mile walk so I feel a lot of that as well, along with the 30 Day Shred. Together... I can definitely feel my legs turning to rubber, but I have to admit, it's becoming really addicting.

For the Butt Bible, my hard parts are the fully extended leg lifts & the squats with one leg forward one leg back. My knees are still having a bit of trouble with those, but I picked up some calcium pills & am also looking to get some joint support supplements. I also have to admit, I really actually enjoying listening to her rattle on. She's such a cute, quirky little thing.

Sounds like you're running a routine very close to my own. I'm about a week behind you on 30DS... I'm hoping you're right about level 2 getting easier, as I'll be finding out for myself how bad it is in 3 days. :p
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3... Day5... I Also walk some days of the week....