are all men the same?!!

Options

Replies

• untouchable86
    Options
    Engaged and already nagging, no wonder he wants to go out with his friends.

You should encourage him. That'll mind trip him
    wow so now wanting to spend time with your man is now considered nagging?!

It can seem that way, yes
    well thats bull****
  • jamesbeckmann
    jamesbeckmann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Physically speaking its pretty easy to say all men are the same... We come with the same parts...

But in this case... No, not all men are the same. Sounds like he's not ready to grow up and be a man or a father. You could wait for him to come around but that may never happen.

Sit down have a solid talk with him, tell him exactly how you feel...

After its all in the open, he will either step up, or you will have the freedom to do whats best for you and the kids.
  • untouchable86
    Options
    So when exactly is he allowed to go out with his friends? Should this be scheduled on days that you don't want him around?
    i dont are for him going out with his friends but when he does this every night all damn night it gets old..
  • untouchable86
    Options
    Physically speaking its pretty easy to say all men are the same... We come with the same parts...

But in this case... No, not all men are the same. Sounds like he's not ready to grow up and be a man or a father. You could wait for him to come around but that may never happen.

Sit down have a solid talk with him, tell him exactly how you feel...

After its all in the open, he will either step up, or you will have the freedom to do whats best for you and the kids.
    thank you
  • untouchable86
    Options
    let me guess all the guys reading this think im a nagging b***h now right?
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Every night is not acceptable, a couple times a week isn't the end of the world.
  • untouchable86
    Options
    Every night is not acceptable, a couple times a week isn't the end of the world.
    i agree
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Clearly it's about balance. He's only home on weekends... he has lots of relationships to maintain and while I'm sure you are important to him his friends are too.

Perhaps he shouldn't be trying to do it all every weekend... prehaps he is spreading himself too thin. Try to negotiate with him. See if he will agree to 'family only' weekends reserved for you and the kids. But then allow him to have weekends where he is free to see his friends.
  • untouchable86
    Options
    Clearly it's about balance. He's only home on weekends... he has lots of relationships to maintain and while I'm sure you are important to him his friends are too.

Perhaps he shouldn't be trying to do it all every weekend... prehaps he is spreading himself too thin. Try to negotiate with him. See if he will agree to 'family only' weekends reserved for you and the kids. But then allow him to have weekends where he is free to see his friends.
    that is a very good idea, thank you
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So when he does decide to stay home with the you and the family, how is it? Is it enjoyable or a complete pain in the butt for him?
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You have the right to feel the way you do. I agree that you should talk to him. You both need time to do what you enjoy without always depending on the other person. If he goes out with friends one night, he should be will to take care of the kids and let you get out of the house with girlfriends. Perhaps you want to go out during the afternoon and he could watch the football/sports while you are out with friends.

Don't think that you can change him once you are married. He is probably tuning you out when you are explaining your feelings. So pick a quiet time to sit down and discuss it. I can feel your frustration in your post.

Good luck.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options

well thats bull****

You're right, it is.

How's your way working out??
  • untouchable86
    Options
    So when he does decide to stay home with the you and the family, how is it? Is it enjoyable or a complete pain in the butt for him?
    for the most part its enjoyable but could be better
  • untouchable86
    Options
    You have the right to feel the way you do. I agree that you should talk to him. You both need time to do what you enjoy without always depending on the other person. If he goes out with friends one night, he should be will to take care of the kids and let you get out of the house with girlfriends. Perhaps you want to go out during the afternoon and he could watch the football/sports while you are out with friends.

Don't think that you can change him once you are married. He is probably tuning you out when you are explaining your feelings. So pick a quiet time to sit down and discuss it. I can feel your frustration in your post.

Good luck.
    thank you
  • untouchable86
    Options

well thats bull****

You're right, it is.

How's your way working out??
    well apparently not so well.. all i want is to sped time with my man without having to compete with his friends.. is that so much to ask
  • skheather
    skheather Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You see my white hair. I can tell you men never change. What you see is what you get.
  • untouchable86
    Options
    You see my white hair. I can tell you men never change. What you see is what you get.
    thats not good
  • 13nicholas
    13nicholas Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Go on a vacation, plan one dinner date every couple of weeks, and relax!
  • untouchable86
    Options
    Go on a vacation, plan one dinner date every couple of weeks, and relax!
    easier said than done
  • untouchable86
    Options
    thanks for all the advice guys i appreciate it