Why do people.......

Options

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I agree! I won't make friends with someone if I cannot see their diary. To me it means they're not serious about getting healthy. Why is what they eat a secret? Share it with us! I do.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Why is what they eat a secret?

Because it's their business?
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have seen enough judgement from others and I do not need wannabe nutritionists telling me what to eat.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

exactly what i had in mind
  • Kanlassak
    Kanlassak Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Because I'm not looking for advice on it? I'd open it if I was, but for now I don't see any reason to, especially given that there are people who criticize others, no matter how infrequent.

That, and I track my menstrual cycle and any bowel discomfort in the notes. I don't think anyone but me needs to see that :)
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Im not even bothering with the food diary
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I agree! I won't make friends with someone if I cannot see their diary. To me it means they're not serious about getting healthy. Why is what they eat a secret? Share it with us! I do.
    Really?!! If someone's diary is private they're not serious about being healthy? Sheesh, maybe I should just take up smoking, quit exercising and mainline bacon grease.

I'm an adult, a health professional and know what I'm supposed to eat. I use MFP to track what I eat and don't need anyone to critique my nutritional intake or lack thereof. I also don't care about anyone else's diary either and have never felt the need to look.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

Because you share we all have too? What works for you does not apply to everyone else. I have mine open but it does I am anymore serious than anyone else.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    And aren't "diaries" supposed to be hidden???
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    That's a stupid assumption. If their ticker is going down, why do you care what they eat and whether or not they share it with others?

You're probably the type of person who criticizes someone for having pizza for dinner, even though they've lost 50 pounds. That is exactly why mine is closed. I don't need a sermon.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    If someone is publicly asking for help, then they should have it open so people can try to help. Otherwise, do what you want with it.

I personally have my diary open to my MFP friends list only, and I keep my friends list very short. I see no reason why anyone else should even want to see my food and exercise diary. I'm happy to explain what I have been doing to be successful at this to anyone, but the specific foods are pretty useless. If you could read the contents of a recipe in MFP that might be different.

I also accept that what I've been doing has worked for me but may not work for everyone or even anyone else. We're all different and you need to find what works for you so you can achieve your personal goals.
  • thethingirlinside
    Options
    I have mine open to freind s I don't care if I have a mess up day so far know one has said one thing eighter way .some have made it known that there eating wasn't good .but I don't say a word I'm not going to freak out over a bad eating. da y . If some one looks and says something I'm ok with it .
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

exactly what i had in mind
    [/quote

Then that's not someone I want for my friend. As it's been said on this very topic, we're all different.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    My diary is public because some people are just looking for different meal ideas and I don't really care what silly diet nazis think of my food choices. I've never been one to change my ways when someone is critical of them. I own my foibles and perceived flaws and make changes when I deem changes are necessary.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to comment on someone being "under their calorie goal" if they haven't got their diary open.
    But then again I can't say I've ever noticed anyone give really constructive feedback on my diary, so, meh.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Because I am not here to get advice or feedback on my diary. Not everyone works the same way.

Thats fair enough although i think since you have lost 60Lbs it would be massively beneficial to other people who are at the same weight as you started. It could help them.
    There are lots of other people here. I don't feel comfortable talking to other people about what I eat nor do I want to talk to others about what they eat. That's pretty much the long and short of it. I find it to be a very private matter. I understand what you are saying and that's great if it works for you. But it doesn't work for me. I respect your decision to show your diary and interact. Why not respect the decision of others not to do so?

Like a boss....
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I agree, my food diary is available to my friends, I put my profile on private a few weeks ago, so not everyone can see...........not missing too much anyways............Doritos........oatmeal............coffee (no sugar)...............lots of salad.................fat free italian dressing........and a few other things...

I do get a tad bit annoyed when you can't even view your "friends" food diary though..........agreed.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just like my sins are between me and my God, what I eat is between my stomach and me.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I think people here all think they're health experts lol. I find it amusing when people give me advice. If I stuck to the diet of course I would lose weight, I just haven't stuck to it :P

^
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is on this site for the social aspect...plus some people can be really harsh about what they see in peoples diaries, and not everyone can handle that.