Man to Man: A Support System for Men

Options

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I was wearing 40 waist, relaxed fit carpenter pants, and letting 'em ride real low under the belly. My waist at the belly button was 46-ish :blushing: Now an honest 34 and life is good.

For calipers - my wife and I do each other and punch the numbers in here: http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

Try a couple different regimes, I can usually use about 3 different methods and get within a percentage point either way, so I feel like I'm pretty close. 13-15%,,, and that ain't bad. I'll get leaner come summer when I can bike.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I looked at a BMI chart. In order for me to not be obese on the chart, I have to grow over a foot in height.

Or I guess I could keep losing weight.

Remember what Garfield (the cat in the comic pages) says: " I'm not overweight, I'm "undertall." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just lurking.....despite what Casper says...I don't find you guys "lacking"--you strike me as a very insightful bunch...

Best wishes all.... Congrats on getting out of the "old pants"--great feeling.

Back to "lurk" mode....gotta get back to the "estrogen overload" thread.:bigsmile:
  • daved71
    daved71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Here is a Woot Woot for BigDaddy. I know exactly how everyone is feeling. I went under 200 for the first time in about 10 years, and I pulled out an old pair of 36 jeans that my DW said would not fit. Well they did and man does that feel good.

Now I can't wait for the warmer weather to hit so I can start riding my bike to work and burn more calories and get into some new clothes.

BTW how many watched that excellent hockey game yesterday. That is the first time I have ever cheered for Sid the Kid. Way to go Canada.
  • gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hey

Here's a big WOOT WOOT for BigDaddy and all the MFP guys! Keep up the good work men! :drinker:
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Big news!! As of this morning, i'm under 260 for the first time since at least 8 years!!
    Can I get a WOOT!WOOT!?

Double "WOOT WOOT"!!!!!
  • mromnek
    Options
    I was wearing 40 waist, relaxed fit carpenter pants, and letting 'em ride real low under the belly. My waist at the belly button was 46-ish :blushing: Now an honest 34 and life is good.

When you are fat, there is a problem with wearing pants that properly fit the waist: your waist is bigger than your hips. :noway: So your pants may start at your waist, but unless you cinch your belt REALLY tight, they are going to migrate down below the ballast tank (belly). :frown:

That's why us fat guys always have shirts that are coming out of the pants, all wrinkled, and disheveled looking.:grumble:

My good news, I have gone from a size 46 to 42!!!:drinker:
  • hereisgone15
    Options
    I have what I think is a common problem for men (like me) who are out of shape.

I'm carrying about 50 lbs too many and my stomach is rather large, but I wear a 36 in jeans.

Why? Because my hips are so much smaller than my spare tire! I pull the pants up to just below the bottom of the guy and go tight with the belt. I'm looking forward to the day when I can wear a legit 34-36, without cheating with the belt!

And even though my job requires it, I absolutely LOATHE tucking my shirt in at this point. I look and feel like hell when I do. I guess that is why I keep the sport coat on all the time!

No more......
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Awesome Big daddy and yes my gut hangs over too. Not pretty.
  • gr8dad1975
    Options
    Well, I have a slightly different problem: My waist is somewhere between 34 to 33 inches (I haven't checked lately), but a size 34 jeans are slightly snug in the hip area. Therefore, I have to get a size 36 jeans to accomodate this minor imperfection. However, I am not complaining because my stomach does not hang over my jeans....and we all know that you can disguise a butt better than you can a gut! :laugh:
  • CasperO
    Options
    I have a bit of that problem. I have some 32 waist regular fit jeans, and they fit the waist good or even a little loose, but are tight in the seat and thighs.

My seat and thighs are pretty lean,,, so I'm chocking it up to enormous, powerful glutes - You should too :laugh:
  • gr8dad1975
    Options
    I have a bit of that problem. I have some 32 waist regular fit jeans, and they fit the waist good or even a little loose, but are tight in the seat and thighs.

My seat and thighs are pretty lean,,, so I'm chocking it up to enormous, powerful glutes - You should too :laugh:

Oh, that explains why my wife has been staring at me everytime I walk away lately :laugh: :wink:
  • CasperO
    Options
    <<snip>>,,, I just bought a Ripstik casterboard/skateboard thingie on Ebay. Am I about to seriously maim or kill myself?<<snip>> :frown:
    MAN THIS LOOKS SOOOO COOL!!!
    <<snip>>Good luck with that Casper! keep us posted!
    Well, the silly thing came in the mail. I went to the local tennis court where there's a fence to hang on to and nice smooth pavement, and I worked with it for about 45 minutes 'til I lost the light. Lot of fun, fairly strenuous. I was able to ride the thing, no falls (yet). I seem stuck in a perpetual left turn. Need practice, but I really enjoyed it.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Lol how did I never see this topic?
  • CasperO
    Options
    Too busy jousting with Satan? :laugh:

Welcome to the He-man woman hater's club. No girls allowed.
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Options
    I'm in. My name's Andrew and I'm losing weight. We're all now best friends. Good day.
  • gr8dad1975
    Options
    Hey Guys

Let's give a big "Woot Woot" to all the new members of the Man to Man Forum!
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    <<snip>>,,, I just bought a Ripstik casterboard/skateboard thingie on Ebay. Am I about to seriously maim or kill myself?<<snip>> :frown:
    Well, the silly thing came in the mail. I went to the local tennis court where there's a fence to hang on to and nice smooth pavement, and I worked with it for about 45 minutes 'til I lost the light. Lot of fun, fairly strenuous. I was able to ride the thing, no falls (yet). I seem stuck in a perpetual left turn. Need practice, but I really enjoyed it.

Hey Casper, the day after I watched the tutorial video you posted, I saw the next door neighbor kids out front with a new Ripstik. Oh, I can't want for my turn on that thing.

Getting anymore practice in?
  • CasperO
    Options
    Yep, skated around the parky lot at the tanning salon last night while her highness roasted. Little bit of a downslope, 'twas a good time. I think I need to invest in some decent X-trainer shoes.

If you're a kid you look pretty normal on one of these things. Apparently, if you're 42 years old with a grey goatee and a carhartt work coat and kicker-boots,,, you don't look so normal. I sure got some funny looks.

"The word far today is 'incongruous'... Can you say 'incongruous'?" :smile:
  • mromnek
    Options
    Yep, skated around the parky lot at the tanning salon last night while her highness roasted. Little bit of a downslope, 'twas a good time. I think I need to invest in some decent X-trainer shoes.

If you're a kid you look pretty normal on one of these things. Apparently, if you're 42 years old with a grey goatee and a carhartt work coat and kicker-boots,,, you don't look so normal. I sure got some funny looks.

"The word far today is 'incongruous'... Can you say 'incongruous'?" :smile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options

I have seen those and they do look like fun. To heck what anyone one thinks, lifes short have fun.
    I have actually considered roller blades in the past, you have stirred that up again.

"Dead man rollin"
    :laugh: