do you log your cheat days/meals?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I pretty much log everything, except the Pepperidge Farms Goldfish my 19-month-old son shares with me by throwing it on the floor. Gee, thanks Son! :D
  • Cander1
    Cander1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do because if I don't the only person I would really be cheating would be mysef! :smile:
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    yes........................I log it all...good or bad.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I log everything, EVERYTHING I eat. I'm accountable to myself. If people don't like that i have the occasional single piece of chocolate or that I've got a day where I've exercised so much I can justify having those two slices of terrible cheese pizza, then they need to look elsewhere.
  • lollyfidy1965
    lollyfidy1965 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So for you 'non cheaters', would that mean you'd log/not cheat on a cruise or vacation? Thanksgiving?

I, too, am a "non-cheater." I log everything I eat, regardless. On holidays, or other times when we're having a meal with a large group of friends or family, I choose things that are appropriate for me...protein and maybe a little non-starchy veggies...and leave the rest for everyone else. I always take things with me, just in case there aren't appropriate choices available. And I always take something suitable for me to have for dessert...a chocolate protein bar, etc. I don't allow an occasion to throw me completely off-track, and I don't allow my new relationship with food to ruin an opportunity to spend an evening with people I love. I've chosen to have a new life, and to behave differently where food is concerned...and I don't feel embarrassed, in front of others, doing what I need to do to keep myself on the right path. :)
  • Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've come to realize that if I don't log my "overages", then I'm basically lying to myself (and others, since my diary can be viewed by friends). Why only document the days when you are on point and totally ignore the days you miss the mark? :wink: Be real about what you eat, then you can be real about your habits and the consequences. But I'm in total agreement with those who said earlier that that they don't count it as "cheating" because this is real life, and it is what it is. You shouldn't be too strict or too lax, but you should be real with yourself.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I log everything to my best ability. I figure my body "tracks" it regardless if I write it down. Sometimes it takes guessing, like at a wedding recently. I like to know, if I do go over, what I need to do to make up for it for the rest of the week, or if I need to burn some exra that day.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Of course. If I'm not going to log honestly, I don't know why I'd bother logging at all.
  • Beckababy1011
    Options
    I log absolutely everything. It's a matter of keeping myself accountable & motivated. Have to be honest in the small things or I will be dishonest in the bigger things.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Log it all. No excuses
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Don't log my cheat days. Hasn't hurt me yet.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    yes
  • Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Don't log my cheat days. Hasn't hurt me yet.

ROFL... but most of us don't look like you... yet!