What do you replace chips with?

Options

Replies

• waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use a combination of fat free pretzels and 100 calorie packs of almonds. For the pretzels, I put one serving worth in a dessert bowl and then put the bag away. That's been working well for me so far.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I like celery with hummus -- it is salty and gives me that crispy crunch that I love about tortilla and potato chips. I also love stovetop homemade popcorn with baked kale, taco seasoning, salt and nutritional yeast sprinkled on top! Tastes a little like Doritos ;-)

Yummy! I will have to try this too!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Baked snap peas at walmart. Doesn't taste like your even eating vegetables. I can eat the whole bag and not feel bad because their not high in calories.
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Cape Cod 40% reduced fat kettle chips.....thank goodness I get about 2 servings before the boyfriend empties the bag.
  • alhunt8587
    Options
    I suggest pop chips or popcorn chips, both are good

I love the popcorn chips by special k but would not recommend them to anyone. I had a some and then read the ingredients and researched them and one of them is Butane. Not something I want in my body so threw the rest away. :)
  • alhunt8587
    Options
    You can make your own chips with potatoes or sweet potatoes. Bake instead of fry and they are much healthier than any store bought version. :)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Trader Joes skinny fries, edamame thins, potato/lentil curls
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips are FANTASTIC. All the flavors are tasty and only 110 calories per serving (quite a generous portion size also).
  • KodiakAndrea
    Options
    I like the flavored mini rice cakes
  • Eat_clean_stay_tiny
    Options
    baby puppies. .
    I replace chips with baby puppies of course!

Pop those little suckers in a big baking dish, toss them in pepper and olive oil and throw them right in the oven at 400*!

Delicious! (:
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Don't laugh, these are really good and low in calories if you stick within one or two servings. And they come in more than one flavour. Leave the lid off for more crunch. Gerbers L'il Graduates Veggies Snacks! Love them. My granddaughter feeds them to me when she comes to visit! But I like them more when they are a bit stale.
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bake anything into to chips...kale , apple , banana ...etc
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I eat Sensable Portions Veggie Straws, I find them at Wal Mart. I get the zesty ranch flavor and they don't cost this much in the store.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sensible-Portions-Garden-Veggie-Straws-7-oz-Pack-of-12/17194029?srccode=cii_18492716&cpncode=33-98209878-2&sourceid=1500000000000025851520&veh=dat

They are much lower in calories and carbs than chips or rice cakes
  • Shelleybean29
    Shelleybean29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I eat Sensable Portions Veggie Straws, I find them at Wal Mart. I get the zesty ranch flavor and they don't cost this much in the store.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sensible-Portions-Garden-Veggie-Straws-7-oz-Pack-of-12/17194029?srccode=cii_18492716&cpncode=33-98209878-2&sourceid=1500000000000025851520&veh=dat

They are much lower in calories and carbs than chips or rice cakes

Veggie Straws!! My favorite!! A serving is 38 pieces and only 130 calories!!!
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Popcorners, Neal Brothers Blue Corn and Flax chips, anything from Food Should Taste Good (I think that's what they're called... the bag is black), plain popcorn (a little cinnamon or a little salt), Terra chips (they come in beet, sweet potatoe, taro, and a variety of other things, so they're a little better for you).
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I personally love Veggie Straws. Pop Chips & Special K Chips are pretty Awesome to. If you still hsve craving for the "real chips" just get the 100 cal bags.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Bacon.
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like making my own chips from pitas or lavash. Lightly spread olive oil on one side (I do as little as possible, just enough to have a thin layer over the whole thing), season however you like, then bake at 350F. I make mine in the toaster oven and it takes 5 minutes. A regular oven would be around 5-8 minutes.

You can get away with making them without the oil to get the calories lower, but they crisp up and taste better with it.

I also dehydrate veggies with a tiny bit of salt. Once they're dry enough they're vaguely chip-like.
  • Kerikins76
    Kerikins76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker Chips. 30 of them for 110 calories!

http://www.specialk.com/cracker-chips/sea-salt/

The sea salt ones aren't great by themselves...but dipped in an awesome dip, they're perfection!