Girls with large frames progress pics please ?

Options

Replies

• zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have footballer shoulders too - and my wrist measures 6 7/8 inches = large frame. I just can't see how I'll ever look like some posters on this site - my ribcage is just too large! What a pity "big strong girl" is not the "in" look!

Exactly m'dear beattle1. My height is 5'8" and my wrist measures 1/16th shy of 7". My hips are NOT big, but my rib cage is. I have wide shoulders and narrow hips..talk about being built like a guy...but I am also 61 and really don't give a flyin' crapola about stick skinny, or curvy...never was, never will be. SOOOO what I have done is embrace my body type and build on that. I started out at about 302 and now I weight 201.6 (was down to 192 however, have been lifting and building muscle so not "dieting" right now).

My whole point is to work with whatcha got... Forget BMI, forget FRAME You know what your body looks like... as the song says, "You've got to accentuate the positive
    Eliminate the negative
    And latch on to the affirmative
    Don't mess with Mister In-Between"

Yep- 5' 8" and a 7" wrist, over here.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    this weekend
    IMG_0244.jpg
  • MaleyaB
    MaleyaB Posts: 25
    Options
    Bump! This is so inspiring!
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I read these threads for some sort of validation that it is possible to have small bones but be large framed, so to speak! I am 5'10" with small wrists too. I always have told I'm small boned, but I have a wide frame - broad hips and shoulders. My ribs stick out too, even at close to 170. I'm glad to see that there are others like me!

ETA: You are much thinner than me...lol, just talking about bone structure. :-)
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KristenRidl
    KristenRidl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add the last picture... See post below. :smile:
  • gio425
    gio425 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump for later... you all look amazing!
  • KristenRidl
    KristenRidl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Here are my most recent before/after pics. So far, I have completed Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, and have started Ripped in 30. Pretty stoked about the progress so far!! Hopefully this provides some inspiration. (Sorry about the large pictures... I have no clue how to resize them.)

A1_zps93d3b98a.jpg
    BEFORE

A4.jpg
    AFTER

B1_zps2408726e.jpg
    BEFORE

B4.jpg
    AFTER

C1_zps484bde7d.jpg
    BEFORE

C4.jpg
    AFTER
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone!!! Idk if my frame is considered large, but

SW: 189.9
    CW: 164

D: I'll post pics latah when I'm closer to 150
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    facebook_zps25c4b7ca.jpg

I'm 5'3, 225.8 lbs, and my wrist measurement is like 7 inches... I'm a large framed lady. Doesn't help that I swam growing up.

Here's to tearing jackets with your shoulders!

I just realized the weight said 223.4 lbs... it's because I'm on a TDEE Metabolism Reset right now, so I've gained about a lb or so.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    bump
  • lexusjade
    lexusjade Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Thanks for sharing ladies!
  • Leesespieces412
    Leesespieces412 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    this is an amazing thread. so inspirational and motivational!!!! i hope to be able to post here soon!!!
  • jcgutierrez
    jcgutierrez Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational, I am 5.7 and currently weigh 230. I had gone down to 188.9 in December 2011, but I got pregnant and had an adorable baby girl in September 2012. But know I am back to where I started. I am in need of motivation. So thannk you so much for posting your pictures. And congratulation to all for a great job.
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    you all have done amazing!!! great progress
  • mshoneysmile7
    mshoneysmile7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    12928218_8065.jpg

I hope that this pic shows! This is just 8 lbs gone... Must have been all belly...LOL! I have recently been dealing with this yoyo thing with my weightloss but I am trying to remain encouraged and positive... I am 5'8.5 and 300. I've got a LONG way to go but it's progress nevertheless...

Any helpful tips or tricks to successful dieting from anyone here would be greatly appreciated... Everyone feel free to add me. :happy:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    When i started last Sept., I was around 356. I am down to 280 right now still a work in progress. Here is some progress pics

syse8y.jpg
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Oh this is perfect. I don't have any progress pictures right now but I'm something between 5'4 and 5'3.5
    Current weight 180 and i wear us size 8/10/12 depending on brand. Medium shirts.
    Seeing the large frame pics helps.
  • mgs_philly85
    mgs_philly85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump!! ALL of you look AMAZING!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me I have 'big bones' and according to calculators I'm 'wide framed'. My wrists are over 6 inches, my elbows are over 9 inches.

13599033_7698.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!