What's the meanest thing someone said to you?

Options

Replies

• stephyw2001
    stephyw2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The speaking scales I bought said:

"one person at a time please"

I'm soooo sorry but I have to admit that cracked me up. I think in the store I would have done something like this: "hahahahahaha! ...... ohhhhhhhhh......."
  • JenniferSpindel
    JenniferSpindel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not TO me, but about a friend of mine:

Apparently, because he hangs out with me, he's known around work as "The Pig Farmer"

*sigh*

And I have to look these people in the eyes everyday knowing they think that about me.

What makes me sad is seeing how many posts there are in this thread.....:cry:
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    What size are you?

I answered, "does it matter you still can't handle it" :wink:

love this !
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    At my family reunion, where 90% of the family is morbidly obese:

"I liked you better when you were plus-sized".
  • texnurse
    texnurse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was at work one day (nurse at a hospital) A co-worker and I were having a discussion about plastic surgery, I mentioned if I could ever afford plastic surgery I would get a tummy tuck, though I was just a little over weight my abdominal skin was stretched out bad from my 2 pregnancies and riddled with stretch marks. My co-worker didn't believe me, so we went into the med room and I briefly lifted my shirt to show her why, she was like whoa...that is bad. Then she proceeded to tell my boyfriend who worked on another unit that my stomach was DISGUSTING and how could he be with me? A few months later I had my tummy tuck, I was hurt, emotional, and felt truly disgusting after that comment. I went through several months of pain and recovery, was it worth it in the end? Yes, would I do it again? Probably, but I had to learn to love myself and not care what anyone else thinks. I may not be perfect to some, but to me I'm perfect. There are some really mean f*cked up people in this world, but I believe in Karma.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Remember this is coming from a 5'10" guy who weighed 320lbs.....If you are fat you are fat! I tell people i went from a fat pig to just fat and will soon be normal sized.`

All the crap fat people say, even me in the past, about being comfortable with their wieght, or this is who I am; know deep down they are kidding themselves.

The best thing my doctor said to me is you MUST lose some weight, you are way to heavy.

I am now down alomost 55 lbs and feel so much better.

If you don't like what people say then change your lifestyle to a more healthy one and lose the weight.

Well, considering I am here, that should tell you something. That's what I'm doing. I never said otherwise. That said...

I completely and TOTALLY agree. Mind you I'm talking about obese individuals (like me). I've tried acceptance, but no one is comfortable knowing their heart is a ticking time bomb or that they might not be able to fit into a seat comfortably at a restaurant. NO ONE wants that, I don't care how comfortable they are.

I do believe firmly in self love-- self love that says, "you know, I'm worth more than this. I love myself at 250, 300, 350, or whatever pounds... but I deserve better than this. I deserve a full life."

I mean, if you knew you had cancer, would you love yourself with it instead of treating it, knowing that it would eventually kill you? Of course not. There's nothing wrong with loving yourself, but TRUE self love is knowing that you deserve a better life. :) Just my two cents.
  • theMrsisGonnagetFit
    Options

If you don't like what people say then change your lifestyle to a more healthy one and lose the weight.

^RUDE! Obviously this thread is on MFP because these people ARE trying to lose the weight, DUH! If you don't have a story to add or positive words of wisdom, STFU!!!
  • nata0x
    nata0x Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I was 12, some 18 year old guy asked me if I have to go out of my country to find pants my size, I wasn't even that fat, my BMI was over-weight at best!

"You're like the fatter version of _____"

And when people don't believe me (or laugh) when I say I don't like mcDonald's food.
  • bienemaya483
    Options
    1. Put down the food, your face is starting to look like a balloon
    ( one of my teachers said this)
    Proved her wrong :)
  • tellascott
    Options
    I think about 6 months ago and the reason I started losing weight. Two separate people, k the first one..i had just quit smoking and my "friend" who is juts a brutally honest type and didn't mean to be hurtful at all, said now you will gain weight and since you are already so wide, it could be a lot. 2 days off ciggies and that's pretty hurtful. Then I was out with my Dad and this was not related to quitting at all, he just casually said you are just like your mother was, always fluctuating in your weight, but I prefer fat women so you're fine. Sigh. Thanks dad, I've been in denial for 5 years since Mom died...thanks SOOO Much for pointing out in a restaurant that I ma indeed a fatty.

Also on that note, things don't have to be said to be hurtful. I went to see my friends who hadn't seen me in about a year and a half or so...so i was at my worst then. I ahve lost say....35 pounds since that point. I was all proud, and they didn't say anything, so i tossed out a hint that I was fishing for a compliment and they said you've been dieting? You've lost wieght? Really?

Sigh. I guess at least i know they don't love me for my body huh?
  • willhare
    willhare Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    One of the guys I played pick-up soccer with from time-to-time said, "What happened to you, man? Too many burgers and fries?" I hadn't played with him in a few months. My answer was and honest, "yes," but I definitely didn't see it coming. Haha. It motivated me, that's for sure…
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options

^RUDE! Obviously this thread is on MFP because these people ARE trying to lose the weight, DUH! If you don't have a story to add or positive words of wisdom, STFU!!!

I get what he's saying, but people keep misinterpreting what I am (and the rest of us) are saying as "woe is me," but it's not. It's healthy to talk about this and sometimes they don't get it.
  • skipperlk
    Options
    My exhusband said, "I don't like being around you and our kid because you're fat and she has autism."...Yeah, as I said ex husband and our kid does not have autism she has a muscle disorder.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    My fathers nightly lecture. The first line of which was "your digging your grave with your mouth" I don't remember any more, as soon as he said this I shut him off. This started in elementary school. In high school I played football and at the best physical condition of my life he told me "if you would just lose 5 more pounds". At this point I quit football and left the house forever as fast as I could.
  • stephyw2001
    stephyw2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Recently, my biggest cut was this very website's BMI calculator. It said my BMI was 33 which is "Obese". Obese? ohhhhhh I thought I was just overweight. :-( boooooooo!

Anyway, I'm new here, and I'm really really impressed with the progress so many of you have made. You're all my heroes, keep up the great work! I'll get there too!.....hopefully! lol
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    "You just look fat because your boobs are huge. If you cut those off you might atleast look a little skinnier" -a coworker
    and

I was sitting at work one night, telling this girl about my duct taping methods when one of the cops that we work with looks at me and says "You don't run, you're too big".
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    There's a funny quote in the video game Portal 2.. The robot named Glados says "if you want to upset a human, just say that their weight variance is above or below the norm"
    Haaaaaaaa. I remember that! <3
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    You'd be really pretty IF you lost some weight. *a friend to me*
    Shutup, no one likes you because your fat and ugly. (6th grade)
    My mom to my little sister "Your much thinner than her, she(me) has plumped up into womanhood."
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Where do I begin???

When I was an over weight child about 10 years old, I went to sit down at the dinner table and my brothers made Earth quake jokes and my parents laughed. That's pretty hurtful for a child.

I have been told by guys who I had serious crushes on "You have a pretty face but I don't date fat chics".

After having my first child, I was home from the hospital maybe 3 weeks, my mother in law came to me and told me that my husband was not finding me attractive and I should workout. I just had a new baby and a c-section. My mother in law has made these remarks to me before this was not the only time, just the first time. She's told me I have to pretty of a face to be so fat. My kids are going to be embarrassed to be seen with me because no one wants a fat mommy. She didn't use the word fat but over weight. Let's call it what it was, obese.

Then right before I decided to really change for the better, my husband and I got into a huge fight. I told him I wanted to go see a weight loss doctor, I needed support in a way that no one else seems to get around me. He told me I didn't need support, I needed to get off my fat lazy *kitten* and just do something about it.

Back in 2010 when I was pregnant with my daughter, I lost 70 lbs due to Gestational Diabetes, my cousin told me that I was starving my baby, I could not be losing so much weight while pregnant that it was not healthy. She told me that my baby was too small and I was a horrible mother for doing such things to myself while pregnant. She said that she had never heard of losing weight while pregnant that she should call CPS on me because I was taking being fat out on my baby and making her suffer. All I know is she is lucky she was 1000's of miles away from me or she would have been the one I put serious damage on.

Was told by a few people that I'd gain all my weight back after pregnancy with my daughter. I gained 25.5 but have lost 75.5 since then. So who showed them???

I honestly would love to see the guys I use to crush on in high school now. I am not fat anymore, I'm actually ideal weight for my height, I still have 10lbs to go to hit my goal weight but I am not fat anymore.
  • HananYako30
    HananYako30 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    All of my cuzin's family...cause they look like toothpick stick...they always say mean things to me.