abs under 200 pounds...

Options

Replies

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    It seems a lot of people are now also confusing the terms ripped and jacked as well, which I am neither.

I like to be ripped on Jack

Well then I'm going to get jacked on Ripped Fuel!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    It seems a lot of people are now also confusing the terms ripped and jacked as well, which I am neither.

Meanwhile I'll be getting ripped on Jack3d
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Because you keep saying "he's not skinny, he's not skinny, he's not skinny"

Right, I said that just like that. In fact, I typed it while jumping up and down throwing a temper tantrum.
    I knew it!
    Why do YOU care that I'm replying to a thread that says if you have abs but you're under 200 lbs, you're just skinny?
    Because. That's why.
  • tracyowens22
    tracyowens22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    ^ there you go.

Basically EFTS is saying, if you have visible abs but have pencil arms and toothpick legs, you aren't jacked, ripped, cut.

I posted a link to a blog (not my blog) about "anorexic ripped" the other day and people got mad at me....

But yeah, 200lbs doesn't apply for all men. There's no way my 5'9" could ever have abs at 200lbs, unless maybe he was on juice.

Ummm no juice 5'9" I had abs at 225 I don't now thats why I'm focusing on getting back there. No Juice needed I'm just bulky and when lean I have abs
  • sjohnny
    Options

Meanwhile I'll be getting ripped on Jack3d

If you mixed Ripped Fuel with Jack3d and Jack Daniels you'd be the most awesomest awesome that ever awesomed. You could be skinny or ripped depending on how you wanted to roll that day.

I'm going to GNC and the Liquor store right effing now!
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    EXACTLY

UNDOUBTEDLY

Wait, what are we talking about?
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Perfectingpat, I'm sorry I said you son is skinny, especially since I've never seen him. Yet if I do a quick Google search of Triathlete, none of the guys are big. They are all skinny (to the standards of EliteFTS, which is where the quote is coming from). I'm sure to the average tween and loving mother these triathletes are so cut up that they look like underwear models, but for the sake of discussion he is going in the skinny category.

If you'd like you can feel free to create a triathlete body appreciation topic and go talk about how you can see their knee caps so well because they are wider than their quads.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    if you have abs but you're under 200 lbs, you're just skinny?

While we're making general broad-sweeping statements based on one man's opinion let's go ahead and say that if you're over 200 lbs and don't have abs, then you must be a bucket of lard.

Can we get an exact definition of what "abs" are? Is there a specific body fat % we're talking about? I just need to know because I'm currently 208 and I don't want to lose any more weight if it suddenly makes me look like a stick.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    Can't you go do something useful like count paperclips? 16 freakin' posts by you on one of the single most inane subjects I've seen on MFP. Congratulations.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

Actually a natty lifter near genetic potential would look big as fck to and be accused of juicing by average people who don't know better.

nowadays anyone with muscle mass is immediately accused of juicing. Even juicing isn't a magic pill to instantly become huge. Juicers still have to work their *kitten* off to threaten being "huge".
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    if you have abs but you're under 200 lbs, you're just skinny?

While we're making general broad-sweeping statements based on one man's opinion let's go ahead and say that if you're over 200 lbs and don't have abs, then you must be a bucket of lard.

Can we get an exact definition of what "abs" are? Is there a specific body fat % we're talking about? I just need to know because I'm currently 208 and I don't want to lose any more weight if it suddenly makes me look like a stick.

everyone is slightly different at what % abs pop out 6-10% bf for most guys for me its 7%
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I used to have a buddy that was very slender and because he had such low body fat, you could see his abs. He was under the delusion that this meant that he was "in shape and ripped".

Appearance does count for much though, and a lot of people feel this way.

Does it count if you are under 200 lbs and can see your abs? Counts for what exactly? What are we trying to stroke our egos over exactly?

To some people... seeing your abs is all that matters. If you are under 200 lbs so what? In that case its about appearances.

If you are a strength trainer then seeing abs is less important compared to being able to lift more, so if you can lift more than the guy that can see his abs, it doesn't matter that you can see his abs.

If you are a fighter and you can break the guy with the abs neck in five seconds and bust his spine over your knee then his abs aren't really doing much good for him.

If one is under the delusion that because they are blessed with low body fat that because they can see their abs that means that they are ultra healthy and "in shape" well... I will let them live in their delusional world.

It takes more than being able to see your abs to mean anything other than past the superficial quality of being able to see them.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Actually a natty lifter near genetic potential would look big as fck to and be accused of juicing by average people who don't know better.

nowadays anyone with muscle mass is immediately accused of juicing. Even juicing isn't a magic pill to instantly become huge. Juicers still have to work their *kitten* off to threaten being "huge".

I have a Juiceman that I use to make fresh apple juice and my own "V8" juice for bloody marys. It hasn't given me abs or rippededness.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm only 185 in my "after" profile picture, but i wouldn't call me skinny....................

I would call you amazing! DAMN! :tongue:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    that level is their audience, please understand that mindset before posting.

That's fair enough.

As long as you understand the mindset and the level of the audience you are addressing on this website in turn.

"Skinny" can be used pejoratively and in a negative sense. That's why you are getting a lot of flack.

^^^^ Same goes for the fat chick with big boobs comment. The majority of your audience on here is not going to fall into that "Elite" category you keep talking about.
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    Can't you go do something useful like count paperclips? 16 freakin' posts by you on one of the single most inane subjects I've seen on MFP. Congratulations.

You must not look at many posts
  • Plates559
    Options

Oh man that is how I feel sometimes!
  • Plates559
    Options

Dang it now I have to go back and count!
  • Plates559
    Options
    Yeah its like 23, so come at me bro!

I keep the paperclips behind me for later in the day when I have to bundle paperwork, they aren't for counting sorry.