Why must people on this site be so cruel?

Options

Replies

• MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mch618p04g1qbdmyao1_500.gif
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I must be extremely luck because I've never seen anyone act that way on MFP...
    You must have not seen the cameltoe thread.

There was a cameltoe thread? I miss everything. :angry:

serves you right. Punishment for eden thread.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    LOOK! A dead horse!

LET'S BEAT IT!!!!

Beating-a-dead-horse.gif
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies, but I know what I would've said has been said (and probably better than I would've done anyway.... wait should that hurt my feelings? Someone can post a gif or pic better.....:sad:

Oh wait what was I saying oh yes..... In for my wall entertainment!! Thanks
  • Skittlez_
    Options
    Sounds like you need to go join the Peace Corp.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    someone beat me to the dead horse gif :sad:
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

Hey....that *kitten* was funny.

*and to be honest I know I've been the victim of the toe and someone probably laughed about it. But guess what....I got over it.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options

*and to be honest I know I've been the victim of the toe and someone probably laughed about it. But guess what....I got over it.
    "Victim of the Toe" hahahahhahahaha.... wait... aaaahahahahaha
  • ndfaninaz
    Options
    I'm just here for the snarky animated .gif's
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Everyone criticizes everyone else
    tumblr_m4xne1e3jc1qj3ir1.gif
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    someone beat me to the dead horse gif :sad:
    How cruel of them!!!
  • ndfaninaz
    Options

OMG, I almost pissed myself. Damn all that water I drank!
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Irony. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

As for jerks, just ignore them. The anonymous nature of the Internet pretty much guarantees that every forum will naturally fill with keyboard commandos who get off on being stupid and mean and having a cadre of sycophants that will praise them for it.

It's like cars with tinted windows. It's been my experience that they contain the biggest a-hole drivers on the road. Being anonymous insulates them from most repercussions for their anti-social behavior. This site is no different.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I really don't think anyone on this site is cruel! They are just trying to use humor to help to alleviate the angst, fear and unhappiness that people tend to experience while losing weight and getting in shape. It helps to inject a little lightheartedness into such occasions.

I have been a victim of some of the 'lightheartedness' and it really didn't bother me at all - I just struck back - and it was a lot of fun, I might add!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I agree, I eat less calories than what most people think I should for my size and I was sharing my experience with it in another thread on here and I about got the riot act read to me. What works for you DOESN'T work for everyone. People on here just need to realize that and not make assumptions like I'm about to hit a plateau or am not logging my food correctly. I didn't ask for your opinion. I love the advice and motivations the message boards provide, but a lot of people are on here to preach THEIR way of doing things. You just have to take it with a grain of salt like I do. That's why there's an ignore button.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    It's like cars with tinted windows. It's been my experience that they contain the biggest a-hole drivers on the road. Being anonymous insulates them from most repercussions for their anti-social behavior. This site is no different.

I'm SO getting my windows tinted.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Ohhh, awesome, I ran across my favorite phrase multiple times in the comments. And that phrase is: "Welcome to the internet." As if that excuses everything that pours out of one's mouth or out of one's brain onto the keyboard. "The internet" and "human nature" are not excuses or free tickets for people to act like *kitten*. It's a lazy way to excuse crappy words and crappy behavior.

Also, by the "It's just the internet, get over it" logic, we would have quite a crappy world to live in, wouldn't we? I'm just going to drive my car around and rear-end people that are in my way and tell them "It's just the road, it's a free country, get over it." Or perhaps I'll let the door slam in an old lady's face and tell her "Well, doors shut and you knew it was going to shut, so get over it." Or if somebody in front of me at the grocery store is taking too long, I'll just shove them out of the way because "It's just human nature, some people are rude, get over it." It doesn't work that way for many things in life, so why should it work that way with the things we say and do to other people?

Just. Be. Nice. And if you're not going to be nice, silence is a good alternative option.
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    cantwealljustgetalong.jpg
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I found the cameltoe thread. Everyone can relax now.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Would you agree that the rustling that recently occurred was directly targeted at your jimmies?