"Apple" Shaped Women - Before & Afters?

Options

Replies

• losiliga
    losiliga Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love how you are celebrating you, I am constantly puzzled by photos of people who have met their goal and they look so miserable....... Beautiful inside and out.
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    bump
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics but I have lost a total of 12 lbs this year, some of it before I joined MFP, and it feels like most of it has come off around my legs, so I am more of an apple than ever. SO frustrating! I wish I could lose 0 more pounds from my legs, butt and hips, and lose it all from my chest, stomach, and arms. But - not going to happen.

Don't be disheartened, I am also an apple shape. I have now lost 96lbs (sorry no pics). Initially all the weight went from my arms, legs face and neck, not an inch from my tummy. Then, it slowly began to move, and is now going at a better rate. I have stick arms and legs, and a bump, but patience has taught me, it does go. I only have around another 20 pounds to go, and I am hoping it will be tummy fat, as really that's all I have to lose now.
  • Bsexi88
    Bsexi88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump
  • janaq2003
    janaq2003 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Im apple shaped to. All my weight likes to hang out in my middle. I swear if the stomach fat was gone.. Id be a size 10/10. I wanna see more pics for inspiration.
  • seedawg23
    seedawg23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    weightlossprogress190-175.jpg

I am still very much a work in progress and have lost about 6 pounds these were taken, but this is what a 15-pound loss looked like on my apple shape. I don't look too much like an apple any longer, I would like to think I look more like an hourglass now. I ate slightly above my BMR and took up weight training. That's how I did it :)

I'm 5'5''

You look great! Your hard work is paying off in the body recomposition area because it looks like you've lost more than 15lbs. I am curious to know what your calorie intake was/is. I've been doing some weight training and want to make sure I'm eating at a good enough deficit to lose but still eating enough to support my training.
  • lady_jessi
    lady_jessi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've decided to maintain at 125# (I'm 5'4") even though my belly still leaves much to be desired. I am afraid I'll lose my butt and boobs forever if I go much farther. Hopefully, 6 Week 6 Pack will help, but I honestly don't hold out much hope of ever having a tight belly. I look good though. I think I do. :)

I started at 155# and that's 6 weeks after 30DS, not 6 weeks of diet/exercise. lol
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/lady_jessi/Summer Fall 2012/100_0704.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/lady_jessi/Summer Fall 2012/Sideview3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/lady_jessi/Summer Fall 2012/100_1456.jpg[/img]

Sorry for posting the same pictures over again for anyone who saw my other post. :/
  • lady_jessi
    lady_jessi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My whole body image is very weird. When I look at myself naked, I'll think, "I could lose 5-10 more lbs." But when I wear clothes, I think, "Oh man, if I lose any more weight, I'll look like a stick figure." I'm always going back and forth with myself on the issue.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I've lost 85 pounds over the past year. When I lose weight, I lose it EVERYWHERE except my stomach... :( My legs are thin, my arms are thin, I have no butt. :) I weigh 136 now (5'6") and I still feel that I'm fat because I still do have the belly. It's shrunk -- but it's still there. I'm not sure that I can lose it.

Here is a picture taken about a year ago. I was good at hiding my stomach...

100_1456.jpg

This is a picture of me about a month ago at a wedding. Like lady_jessi, I look good in clothes and feel that I have lost enough weight but when I take them off -- not so anymore. :( -- sorry about the squinting....

100_3352.jpg

You don't look like you have a belly! You look great! I think we are just too picky on ourselves sometimes!

You too, lady-jessi, I don't see belly! I will never have a tight belly either, it's ALL stretchmarks and some loose skin, even if I am "thin." Whatever, in clothes you can't tell that much, I'll just have to buy 1 pieces for life but that is my style anyways, LOL!
  • antigone23
    antigone23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My whole body image is very weird. When I look at myself naked, I'll think, "I could lose 5-10 more lbs." But when I wear clothes, I think, "Oh man, if I lose any more weight, I'll look like a stick figure." I'm always going back and forth with myself on the issue.
    You look amazing! I think this is just the curse of being the apple shape. Our bodies are always going to dump what little fat we have in our abdomen, and extra fat in the belly is just not as socially acceptable as extra fat on the butt, hips or even legs. To be honest I think this is one of the reasons I had an eating disorder in my teens. I always thought I was fat because I didn't have a flat stomach. But in order to get a flat stomach I end up downright skeletal everywhere else. Well, best we can do is try to build muscle to firm up as much as possible.
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Desiree -- Unfortunately, I was wearing some control stuff underneath. I should take a picture of what I look like with regular cloths sometime. You can tell that I have somewhat of a belly. It's not that bad of course, but it is my problem area that I wish would go away. It is a lot easier to hide though then other things.... :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I've lost 85 pounds over the past year. When I lose weight, I lose it EVERYWHERE except my stomach... :( My legs are thin, my arms are thin, I have no butt. :) I weigh 136 now (5'6") and I still feel that I'm fat because I still do have the belly. It's shrunk -- but it's still there. I'm not sure that I can lose it.

Here is a picture taken about a year ago. I was good at hiding my stomach...

100_1456.jpg

This is a picture of me about a month ago at a wedding. Like lady_jessi, I look good in clothes and feel that I have lost enough weight but when I take them off -- not so anymore. :( -- sorry about the squinting....

100_3352.jpg

girlllllll...you look drop dead GORGEOUS and I'm so proud of you! In terms of belly fat, I just don't see it on you. People say that eating less breads and pasta/starches and sweets can help, but I'm not sure about that at all. My "gut" is my biggest area too and it's going down nicely (considering I've got 50 more pounds to go, and have only lost 9 pounds so far), but eating less of these things "seem" to be helping me. But it's truly an unique battle we're fighting, so what's good for some, may not be good for others. In ANY case, you are now officially on my SHERO list and you rock, period.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    ec55c9682340a0d54261748.jpg
  • ajsmommy2010
    Options
    Great Job! You look amazing :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!