• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I was 20 going on 16.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Age now: 37
    Age when first child was born: 18 (and totally planned)

the other 2 were at 23 & 27 (and both of them were surprises. LOL)
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    From Calgary AB
    Married at 22
    first baby at 25
    second baby at 29

currently 32 =)
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    I am 36 and living near Birmingham, AL, but I am from Naples, FL.

My son was born 6 weeks before my 32nd birthday. He was an oops and a miracle, I was told my chances of conceiving without medical help was less than 15%.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Age now: 37
    Age when first child was born: 25

i also had two subsequent children at 29 and 35
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was pregnant at 19, and had her after I turned 20. I had my second baby at 23.
    I have to say I'm so very thankful to have my girls while I'm young and energetic. I have some 30-40 something parents who are always talking about how tired they are after work, and feel guilty about not doing as much with their kids.
    I know not every 30-40 something parent is like that, I just think I would be that way in 10 more years. :-/
    Also, I will be in my 40's when my kids graduate and (hopefully) move out on their own. WOW!
  • cricketannie
    Options
    I was pregnant at 19, and had her after I turned 20. I had my second baby at 23.
    I have to say I'm so very thankful to have my girls while I'm young and energetic. I have some 30-40 something parents who are always talking about how tired they are after work, and feel guilty about not doing as much with their kids.
    I know not every 30-40 something parent is like that, I just think I would be that way in 10 more years. :-/
    Also, I will be in my 40's when my kids graduate and (hopefully) move out on their own. WOW!
    Oh, just FYI. I'm a preschool teacher...so that's how I talk to so many parents. I guess that was a little relevant.
  • pumpkinnose
    Options
    I was 17 when I had my first one, 18 with a miscarriage, 24 with my third and 28 with my last. I'm 33 now and quite content with the idea of not having any more children

Kansas
  • BethBeaman
    BethBeaman Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My first child was born 3 weeks after I turned 18. Her father & I have been married for almost 24 years & have 2 other children.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Manitoba - Canada I was 22 with my first.. my sister was 15 with her first... was 14 when she got pregnant
  • tlv1201
    tlv1201 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Got a late start with hubby being in the Navy. Our daughter was born one month before my 39th birthday, and our son was born four months after my 43rd birthday.

We tried for over three years to conceive our daughter, and the boy was a "surprise". He was conceived after a 3,000 mile motorcycle trip to Myrtle Beach for bike week. Yes, 3,000 miles on a motorcycle can definitely throw your cycle off!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

i was definitely considerably more exhausted with my third, at age 35, than i was with my first at 25. and sometimes it's a bit of a stunner to realize she won't be 18 until i'm 53
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I was pregnant at 19, and had her after I turned 20.

Same! High five for not being teen moms, by the slightest margin!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I was born in 1966.
    Married at 19.
    Had 1st child at 20.
    Divorced at 21.
    Married lifetime husband at 22.
    Had 2nd child at 23.
    Had 3rd child at 25.
    Had 4th child at 28.
    Had 5th and last child at 31.

I have no grandchildren yet, but so far only my 2nd child is married, and they married last December. No hurries.

ETA: I live in the United States.
  • demirey
    demirey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 33 and we are trying for our first. We wanted to be financially secure before we started a family.

Los Angeles, California.
  • superkel317
    Options
    Age now: 32
    Age when my first child was born: 18
  • cricketannie
    Options
    Hahaha! YES!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I only have one, but I was 21 when she was born.
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    27 in 1989 :heart:
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    California
    28 (in a month) now
    22 with my first
    25 with my second