Bump! :smile:
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump because of great challenge!
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hello friends, finally feeling a little better. Have had a nasty bug, ran high fever, bad, bad headache as well as body aches, dizzy and in bed most of two days. Thursday truth is I have struggled with my eating and haven't logged. Will get back with it tomorrow. Too tired to do it today. Thank you to those who were concerned and messaged me. Love you all.

Christine
  • flowersofdawn
    flowersofdawn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thursday - hmm... truth is I make lots of excuses, and I honestly believe they are valid.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope you are all having a good day. I cant seem to get myself back on schedule here. I am not going to bed until 2-4 in the morning and then sleeping until 12-2. Up side I look like super control girl with my eating since I dont eat anything until a couple of hours after I wake up and I almost never eat anything after 9 or so at night. The problem being I know that if I dont eat enough in the long run it is going to come back to bite me in the butt. I was determined today would be the day that I just forced myself to get up early and stay up. Nope. I made black bean soup for dinner last night and while it was good the cayenne pepper got away from me a little and it was very spicy so this morning my stomach was rebelling and I went back to bed to hide from it. I feel fine now but I didnt get up till a little after 1.
    Christine I hope you are feeling better. It is just sucky to be all sick and feverish.
    Lets see thursday truth: I still think I spend way to much time thinking about food. Part of it is my new passion for cooking, but I dont think "skinny" people spend the majority of their day looking at recipies and planning their next meals.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth: my job apparently thinks I can work miracles - yet another monthly report analysis got dumped on me to invent/maintain.
    Joy.

:angry:
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth:

~ Been too stressed out to do anything I'm supposed to.
    ~ BF got laid off from his job until the end of January and he can't find a replacement. (He's working at the resturant until further notice much to my dismay)
    ~ Parents telling me how to do my job frustrate me to no end. I'm doing the best I can.
    ~ I've not been running and am not ready for my 10k next weekend.

I've hit a wall. I'm worn out and I'm tired. I've got FAR too much going on and not enough time to get it all done. I've been eating like crap, but thankfully haven't gained any weight. I hope to keep it that way.

I'll be back when I can get "ME" together. Just asking for prayers as I work through everything going on.

Thanks,
    Jana
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Truth I'm exhausted, as much as I love my job, I'm beginning to hate the demands, the criticism, and most of all the lack of pay...yes I'm glad I have a job, but I'm tired of being yelled at for things I didn't do (someone else did) and things I can't control, dang I'm tired...
  • mommyplus3
    Options
    Hi all! Hope everyone had a fun safe Halloween!

Truth is.... I have no willpower. I have been manhandled by various fun sized candy bars these past 2 days. I have no idea how many I have eaten & wont even be attempting to track them. It scares me that I cant resist these treats, I don't want to go back to my old habits. For this reason I usually dont even allow them in my house (along with chips/cookies). I can lose sight of my goal to lose 13 by xmas but its hard when my goal is dipped in caramel & coated in chocolate.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth.,... I gave in to the damn fun sized candy bars too. I was scarfing them down at work and got so mad at myself that I logged them in my dinner slot and deleted my dinner. Not going to eat it. I wanted candy, I got it. Now I'll spend the evening hungry and reminding myself it was my own damn fault and NOT worth it(it kinds was...). I'm determined to log my shame though. I NEED to see how many junk calories I'm pumping into myself AND I need to see my Drs disappointed face when I take a print of my log at my next visit.

I DID get in my walk though and that kept me in the green so other than hungry and a little annoyed I ate so many empty calories.... I don't feel too guilt ridden anymore.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    MowMow- I understand your need to skip dinner because you ate the candy, however that is not the answer you need. At least a good protein for dinner to help counter-act the sugar. Yes, skip the carbs and sugar at dinner if need to but eat the protein. Go for a walk if possible to help burn off some of the sugar.

Truth- Candy has also been my downfall the past week or two. I have a bag or two of candy bars in my desk at work, it is becoming a daily treat for me. I need to put an end to it but right now it is my favorite candy bar and I only eat them at Halloween. I know it is no excuse so I will just need to exercise more to help burn it off.

Tomorrow, I will be bowling and rock climbing if all goes according to plan. Bowling if I get my school work done. Rock Climbing if my partner does not get stuck at work again. We will see what happens. I need to get my grades done tomorrow so I can end the marking period before I leave for Portland on Monday.

Have a great night and a restful sleep.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I will do part one of the November Challenge, but the rainy season has started here and the price of gasoline means I won't be driving to the mall unless I need to go shopping. I am going to set my goal at 30 minutes per day on the WII. I am dealing with something that I wish I could share, but it isn't just my issue. It is causing me a good deal of emotional stress. (Not anything to do with my wonderfully supportive spouse.) I am glad that I am not relying on food to self-medicate but I do seem to be withdrawing and not wanting to be physically active, so I need to work through that.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Boy, we are at the mercy of Halloween candy aren't we? I too, have succumbed to eating some, and not logging at all. My negative attitude towards logging is just so, so all out like a quitter! I've got to get this candy out of the house and start logging again.

Angelika - whatever burdens you're shouldering, I'm sorry. Its natural since you can't share it to withdraw, but don't let that spill over into your whole life. Sorry your sports season is over and gas makes it too expensive to go to the mall. Glad you have a WII. Remember to think about your WII time as your FUN time, and that will make it go a little easier. Mental trick to make you enjoy it.

Grandma Kaye - so glad to hear from you - but wish you weren't in so much pain. Keep managing it with your meds - don't be a martyr and take your pills when you need them. Youre in my prayers.

Christine - glad to hear you're feeling better too.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

@Christine-- So sorry to hear that you were so sick with a nasty bug. Glad to hear that you are on the mend :flowerforyou

@ MyMowMow I agree with Laurie -- I can understand feeling yukky after eating candy but it happen and your body needs the protein.

I too have been struggling with those fun size candies enjoy the moment but not the afterwards feeling. But today is a new day time to start fresh. Sending the rest of the candy with DH and he will share it with his co-workers.

I have a four day weekend starting at 1pm I will be at Conference till Sunday at noon. So in the morning hours before that time want to use it to catch up on my housework. The stuff I normally do over my days off.

Friday Fitness this weekend still need to walk Bella so hoping to get that end but may not get my long weekend walk in till Sunday afternoon. But that is my goal.

Keep pre-logging my food and following that plan,
    drink at least 9 glasses of water daily
    Working on lower my carbs
    trying one new healthy recipe this month

Goals for November
    Walking daialy
    Go to the Y 2 days a week
    Pre-logging my food each day and following that plan
    Lowering my carb intake.
    Being Happy with being Me
    Being happy being in the moment
    Taking time for myself
    Remembering to be grateful-- ( I use to keep a grateful journal-- and would each night write in it 10 things for the day I was grateful for. It so help with staying in the moment enjoying the simple things in life. My energy level went right up/ +) so I am going to start it again for the month of november.
    Not giving up each day is a new day and all part of this journey.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day. So Grateful for each of you. Celebrating all who are having victories scale or nsv, Sending hugs to those struggling. :flowerforyou:

Liz:drinker: :drinker:
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Proud to say I survived Halloween without too much damage, down a little over a pound this morning. Of course, I wish it was more but I’m glad it was a loss. I’m not a huge candy person, but if someone puts anything chocolate with almonds in it I’ll tunnel through it in no time flat! :laugh:

Friday Fitness~Plan to hit the gym for a workout tonight after work, then try to go vote (today is the last day for early voting here). It’s going to be a challenging weekend, lots of studying to prepare for a huge exam next week – I’m taking Mon/Tues off of work so hopefully it will help to ease up on the stress. Tonight I may get a pedicure while at the gym, that’s always good for relaxation.

@Christine~I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been down with an illness, hope you are feeling better soon and are on the road to recovery.

@Angelika~I’m sorry for the inner demons you are struggling with right now. I hope the emotional stress eases up soon and you find some peace. Sending you virtual hugs. :flowerforyou:

@karenleona~Like you, I don’t like to rely on my parents for anything – I feel like they’ve done their job. At the same time I am ever so grateful that if I do fall behind in something, that they are still there to lend a helping hand - no questions asked. The hard part is asking!

@jconst~I love black bean soup! My recipe is completely vegetarian and I use tomatoes in it that have green chilies. – so for me the spicier the better. Good for the sinuses. :laugh:

Have a good Friday!