Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!! I plan to get some walking in this weekend. Maybe even make my 16yr old come with me that way he can pick up trash on the side walk as we go. I am still behind on posts but I will respond to the ones I have read so far. For the Nov challenge I am gonna do part 2. My question is track all steps walked or steps walked as exercise above your daily movement?

@Robin- Thanks for the encouragement on the reading time for the kids. I am hoping it will at least help me get caught up.
    @Liz- I love your idea for a grateful journal- I think I will start one myself
    @Angelika- Sorry to hear life is so stressful right now. I know if feels good inside to not turn to food as comfort. I agree with Robin think of the WII as something fun to do and you will have no problems.
    @Laurie- Enjoy Portland and hopefully you will get to do all your fun activities before leaving.
    @MowMow- I feel you on the candy bars. I had done real good at avoiding them until my co-worker brought 4 of my favorite kind in.
    @Corymomma- Hang in there jobs can be very stressful and it doesn't help if you are getting yelled at. I would suggest taking 5-15 minutes to yourself once you get home from work to just decompress.
    @Jana- Take care of you this group will be here for you.
    @jtconst- Hope you get back on schedule soon. I sleep like that on the weekends and not getting a enough to eat makes me very sluggish. Make sure you get plenty of protein.
    @Christine- Hope you feel better soon.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    well, i failed on halloween. and today is my birthday but i've asked not to have a cake at all. so i guess i'm back on the wagon :laugh:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    well, i failed on halloween. and today is my birthday but i've asked not to have a cake at all. so i guess i'm back on the wagon :laugh:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Happy Birthday, Toots!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday TOOTS! :love: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • flowersofdawn
    flowersofdawn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Friday -- My fitness is limited as I haven't got my rear in gear. All I do currently is a bowling league on Wednesday nights. My goal this month is to do at least two additional days of some sort of exercise/activity. For the weekend I am prepping for my wine party where a LOT of calories will be consumed (mainly from the wine but also from yummy foods that are being paired with the wine). So today and tomorrow morning I am watching my food choices as well as for the week following so I can enjoy the party guilt free.

P.S. I just want to say how COOL this thread is! I really enjoy having something to post daily.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOTS!!!! Have a wonderful day! :flowerforyou:

Friday Fitness:: Ok so I joined this new challenge group. And it's an elimination challenge. SO Time to get my butt back in gear! First week challenges you have to complete
    3 cardio days
    1000 calories burned
    3mi. (13mi if biking)
    50 squats

Yeah it's really intimidating to me. But I am going to do this! It starts Monday! Which happens to be my daughters 4th birthday <3

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
    Going to be busy for me. Tomorrow I am going to visit one of my best friends and her brand new baby boy Nolan who was born on Tuesday. Then I have my nieces birthday party and then Sunday is my daughters birthday party! So yes...going to be busy!!!

Tina
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOTS!!!!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Toots!

@Christine - Glad you are feeling a bit better.

@Flowers - Glad you are here!

Friday fitness - Well, DID get my Tuesday AND Thursday walk in so I feel a little better. The pool is closed until Monday (water polo tournament). I decided to make my walk practical last night. I had to pick up my prescriptions at Rite Aid so instead of driving there after work I went home, got my headphones and walked there.

Work, movie theaters, grocery stores, and drug store are all within a mile of me. I'm starting to realize that those distances really aren't very far and it's a bit embarrassing to me that I live so close to everything I need and I still drive everywhere. I think perhaps a little wheelie cart so I can walk to the grocery store on Saturdays from now on.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

@Toots--- Happy Birthday!!
    @MyMowMow-- that is so cool that you live so close to so much. I am one of those who love walking when its practical. Sounds like you have a great plan.

For me I know walking to get in shape is really practical and has a purpose but if I can add that extra step to it like going to rite aide it helps get me going better. Like walking Bella must be done and it makes her easier to live with so there is the extra reason helps get me off my seat,

@mywalkqueen-- I like your idea of having your teen go with you and pick up trash along side the road.
    @jtcons-- Did you post your black bean soup recipe? Did I miss it some how. We eat red beans alot but have tried black beans and like them so would love a new recipe to go with it, I hope you get back on track soon. I take big naps like that sometimes on my days off.

Wishing everyone a good Friday.
    Liz
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness, made it to jazzercise today, class number 170 for the year, trying to get 200 in this year. Hoping to get a nice run in this weekend
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Happy B-DAY TOOTS!
    I gave into the chocolate demon but was able to limit my intake to about 5 or 6 fun size bars. I was way under on cals when I did it so it worked out pretty well. Can't wait til after this weekend so I can actually have time to do something for myself instead of being the football taxi. My son has football practice 4 days a week and HE'S EIGHT! Anyhoo, the season ends this weekend so I'll have tons more time to run and start sit ups and push ups and things. I'm sure I'll be looking forward to the next sports season once I start those but I have to do something to build myself up.
    TTYL guys!
    Doug
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options

642442s5am4b2ugx.gif

Best Wishes Toots!

Lin
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday Toots, hope you have a wonderful day!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    I did not have any halloween candy in my house or i would have eaten it. For those who got pulled in by the voice of the sugar.....it is over and done....now get back on track and move forward....you will not fail from one event....only if you do not get going again
    We know how to do this and can do it TOGETHER :heart:
    i am a bit nervous about going for groceries today. I have not been for about 2 months so there is nothing in my fridge and no carbs or candy in my house which makes it hard to nibble on anything. I have to plan adn defrost something if i want a meal. Don't want to go crazy when shopping and i have a small list so i need to stick to it.....not my strong point :grumble:
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    thanks everyone
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, toots! Calories you eat on your birthday shouldn't count. (They do, but they shouldn't!)

Friday Fitness: My sister is in town, no way do I have to worry about not exercising while she's around. I think she was born with a pair of running shoes already strapped to her feet. :laugh:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    HBSmileyBlowsWhistle.gif

Toots!

Got good news at the Doctor's today, I am gratefull for the test results.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    Happy Birthday, toots! Calories you eat on your birthday shouldn't count. (They do, but they shouldn't!)

haha totally
    HBSmileyBlowsWhistle.gif

Toots!

Got good news at the Doctor's today, I am gratefull for the test results.

thanks. and ohhh good news. grats
  • losiliga
    losiliga Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I am in. Why does "bump" mean.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Bring Up My Post. It is a way to make sure you are able to access a message board later.
    Happy Birthday Toots.
    Thanks Robin I will start telling myself it's fun time. and see if I can get an attitude adjustment.

I dislike Halloween. I never enjoyed it as a child and don't give out candy now so I didn't have to have candy in the house. I guess you could say I am a Boo Humbug. :laugh: