annoyed at the/my/this "Journey"

Options

Replies

• CRichards22
    Options
    This, But call it what you will! My journey is my lifestyle and it is a permanent change all rolled into one!

Holla! :drinker:

Now I will try to think of synonyms to insert though....LOL, thanks alot!
  • CRichards22
    Options
    I call it a journey because for me it is a journey to a healthier place for me. A journey to me is getting from one place to another. I am getting from the land of the morbidly obese to the land of the healthy.

This^^^ But call it what you will! My journey is my lifestyle and it is a permanent change all rolled into one!

Holla! :drinker:

Now I will try to think of synonyms to insert though....LOL, thanks alot!
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I will stop using that word now, because "any way you want it, that's the way you need it." Thanks for the rant! ;-)

This... i just avoid the word because of the ear worm tendencies... :drinker:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Seriously...it's a journey:

Hobbits.jpg
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    boy this site is full of alot of angry and annoyed people. get a hobby maybe and focus on the things in life that MATTER ? :flowerforyou:
  • Noonis
    Noonis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It drives me batsh*t crazy. It's so overused and just, annoying. Hence my quote on my page.

There are mountains, Frodo, AND orcs....you're just not on the same journey I am. But, unlike Bilbo, I'm going there and NOT going back again. This is my journey, where I won't stop believing, I WILL hold on to this feeling, I WILL work hard to get my fill!!! I will fight dragons and rescue princessessesssess, I will battle orcs and evil wizards! I WILL be victorious, I shall go on to the end, I shall fight in France, I shall fight on the seas and oceans, I shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, I shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. I shall fight on the beaches, I shall fight on the landing grounds, I shall fight in the fields and in the streets, I shall fight in the hills; I shall never surrender!!!

And then what happens? And where are Aragorn and Gimli in all of this? Eating breakfast?
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    True that!!! Specifically, I think it is a lifestyle change. Once this weight is gone, I can make wiser and better choices so this never happens again.......
  • Bess_74
    Options
    I agree, it does bug, for all the reasons you stated....."cheat day" also bugs me! It's a life style change, not a temporary fix, how can you cheat on life??!! I just say that I'm working on my health and sometimes I have a treat day. :bigsmile:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It's a term that irks me as well, but I can't really relate to the people who use it. I've never been overweight, so I've never felt like I look disgusting or have had people treat me differently because of my weight. I'm just trying to shed those extra pounds I accumulated in college. Sure, I've had to make changes, but they haven't been huge. The biggest thing for me has been getting to the gym on a regular basis. So really, my life hasn't changed much.

On the other hand, for people who have been obese most of their lives or have struggled with disordered eating or have obsessive behavior regarding food, this is a really big deal. I can see why they'd want to tag it with some sort of epic title, like the word journey. I don't fault them for that.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    boy this site is full of alot of angry and annoyed people. get a hobby maybe and focus on the things in life that MATTER ? :flowerforyou:

You know why? Because the people are hangry!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I am being too semantic about this...but the use of the phrase the/my/this "Journey" annoys the ever loving crap out of me.

/end rant for the day.

I :heart: you! That particular word, used in that context has irritated the crap out of me for years. Absolutely sets my teeth on edge every time I hear it. I thought it was just me.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    It's a term that irks me as well, but I can't really relate to the people who use it. I've never been overweight, so I've never felt like I look disgusting or have had people treat me differently because of my weight. I'm just trying to shed those extra pounds I accumulated in college. Sure, I've had to make changes, but they haven't been huge. The biggest thing for me has been getting to the gym on a regular basis. So really, my life hasn't changed much.

On the other hand, for people who have been obese most of their lives or have struggled with disordered eating or have obsessive behavior regarding food, this is a really big deal. I can see why they'd want to tag it with some sort of epic title, like the word journey. I don't fault them for that.
    This is an excellent point. I only gained weight with pregnancy. So I don't know what its like to be treated differently or have my health in danger because of my weight. I would guess to those who have really struggled it is a journey of sorts. Thats why I joke about it but I still respect my friends that use the term.
  • As_Sweet_As_Pea
    As_Sweet_As_Pea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I never use the word "journey" I always say lifestyle change or healthy living because I plan on living healthy for the rest of my life. Although if someone wants to call it a journey its up to them. We all interpret things in different ways. Call it what you want, just keep doing it and reaping the benefits of a active, healthy life. :)
  • cmcollins001
    Options
    It drives me batsh*t crazy. It's so overused and just, annoying. Hence my quote on my page.

There are mountains, Frodo, AND orcs....you're just not on the same journey I am. But, unlike Bilbo, I'm going there and NOT going back again. This is my journey, where I won't stop believing, I WILL hold on to this feeling, I WILL work hard to get my fill!!! I will fight dragons and rescue princessessesssess, I will battle orcs and evil wizards! I WILL be victorious, I shall go on to the end, I shall fight in France, I shall fight on the seas and oceans, I shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, I shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. I shall fight on the beaches, I shall fight on the landing grounds, I shall fight in the fields and in the streets, I shall fight in the hills; I shall never surrender!!!

And then what happens? And where are Aragorn and Gimli in all of this? Eating breakfast?

Eating Second Breakfast...and then Elevensies, then lunch, then dinner, then supper...they're ALWAYS eating...I have to do this on my own.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I don't like the word "journey" in general...it just sounds stupid to me. Perhaps it's because people try to use it to describe some ultra-spiritual underlying experience or because it is an overused buzz word of reality TV now...I don't know!
  • malfx
    malfx Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Being annoyed and angry is my hobby.
  • malfx
    malfx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't like the word "journey" in general...it just sounds stupid to me. Perhaps it's because people try to use it to describe some ultra-spiritual underlying experience or because it is an overused buzz word of reality TV now...I don't know!

EXACTLY.
  • cmcollins001
    Options
    I will complete my Journey...it is my Destiny!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Eating Second Breakfast...and then Elevensies, then lunch, then dinner, then supper...they're ALWAYS eating...I have to do this on my own.

You forgot Tea!
  • cmcollins001
    Options

You forgot Tea!

Apparently, Dwarfs don't drink tea...or so I've been told.