No loss in two weeks...

Options

Replies

• almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    What do I have to do to get people to stop being hard on me so I can stop being hard on myself?
    You have to start making it about you. How others react can be constructive if you let it, but no one can make your choices for you. In the end, you and you alone, are responsible for your eating habits. Not MFP, not your parents, not your friends.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't run through Azeroth saying, "I'm going to get to level 90 eventually..." and then twink yourself. You wouldn't say, "I'm going to defeat Ganon!" and then stay at the Deku tree for a year.

Best response

QFT
  • energizeme75
    Options
    Stop eating wheat products...you'll see how fast the pounds come off.
    I know its easier said than done, but if you keep veggies and fruit on hand,
    you'll be able to do this.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    First, I don't know that your 1200 kcal goal isn't a bit low. But I don't know all of your stats.

But I've gone 5 or 6 weeks with no drop. A couple of weeks with no drop happens regularly. Then a bunch comes off quickly and the average loss is as expected.

So I suggest you double check your calorie goal and have some patience. A few weeks without a change is normal.

I think my BMR came out to 1800ish? All I know is I set my goal for 2lbs a week.

If 1800 is your BMR, then 1800 is the rock bottom of what you should be eating.

Agreed! You're body needs fuel to burn.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    First, I don't know that your 1200 kcal goal isn't a bit low. But I don't know all of your stats.

But I've gone 5 or 6 weeks with no drop. A couple of weeks with no drop happens regularly. Then a bunch comes off quickly and the average loss is as expected.

So I suggest you double check your calorie goal and have some patience. A few weeks without a change is normal.

I think my BMR came out to 1800ish? All I know is I set my goal for 2lbs a week.

Tell that to the hordes of people in this thread who snapped at me for going over 1210...
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Tell that to the hordes of people in this thread who snapped at me for going over 1210...

Why assume they're Horde?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Another thing: the way to a mans heart is through the stomach...... you want to 'one day attract a boyfriend' you should probably start to learn to cook....

just a thought.

For some men, the way to their heart is through their ****.
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Then maybe I should have asked a completely different question in this thread. Everyone pointing out my mistakes and making me feel bad for them all over again is NOT helping. I'm likely going to turn my diary private now...

Asking what you're doing wrong and then whining when people answer your question isn't fair.
    People DO and WILL make mistakes, but don't expect change when you HAVE NOT put forth effort.
    Making your diary private won't make it go away, but do so if you think that will help YOU.

My honest advice? Put the diet on hold until you figure out the self esteem issues. You won't live a healthier lifestyle until you accept that you deserve one.
    ^^^THIS!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Well I sure told them in my first comment. I think when people see donuts and pizza, they get on their food nazi soap boxes and can't step down long enough to see the bigger picture. I don't agree with people who would tell you to eat less than your BMR. There is no reason for it, especially at your age.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

No one snapped at you for going over 1,210; actually no one really snapped at you. You have received criticism about your habitual unhealthy food choices and your attitude towards your diet. Please, don't be defensive and take all the good bits to heart and have a successful lifestyle change.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    People did not "snap" at you ...people pointed it out because you were saying you weren't losing. YOU set your intake to 1200... at that point, whether or not you were truly eating what is appropriate for your body is not what we were looking at..

If you know what your BMR is, then set that as your goal! You just have to go to Goals, and do a manual change.

Then...tackle things one thing at a time. Maybe try some planning...if you truly don't want to bother with cooking and prep...well then make time for a few hours one day a week and prepare some snacks and meals for the week. There is no excuse around that...the food will not prep itself. You have to do it to get results.

It seems you struggle with dinners. Ok...again.. I asked this once but you didn't respond...what kind of foods would you enjoy eating at home? Name a few things....guarantee we can help you make it A. healthier and B. give you tips to make it quickly and store it so it lasts for the week.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

For the Horde!

And seriously, in eleven...(ELEVEN!)...pages, I don't remember anyone "snapping" at OP for going over 1210 calories.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    its obvious you cant handle eating unhealthy foods in moderation. therefore you should model your eating after an alcoholic and quit cold turkey and not even allow yourself 1 bite of any fast food or candy or chips or crackers etc... just eat lean protein, fruits, veges etc...

it will suck at first but then you will get used to it.

or you can continue to be fat.

This comment is just absurd. If anything, she isn't eating enough!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I checked your diary.

Eating pizzas, donuts and more junk food will not get you anywhere! I can't even believe you've lost 7 lbs with that diet.

You're going to have to review your lifestyle if you want to lose weight.

You would probably freak out at my diary. I dare you to look. (then check my ticker) :tongue:

:smokin:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Listen to the advice and I agree you probably need to eat more than 1200 just make it healthy with a rare treat/dinner out.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    its obvious you cant handle eating unhealthy foods in moderation. therefore you should model your eating after an alcoholic and quit cold turkey and not even allow yourself 1 bite of any fast food or candy or chips or crackers etc... just eat lean protein, fruits, veges etc...

True..she isn't eating enough but she would benefit a lot by making better choices.
  • BluenoserChick
    BluenoserChick Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I've [shockingly] read this entire thread, and there wasn't one person who snapped at you for anything, let alone your calories.

Some people want help. Some just want help with excuses. I don't think MFP is the right place for you. Yet.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

True..she isn't eating enough but she would benefit a lot by making better choices.

There are days when she could have made better choices, to be sure, but the top quote was an asinine way to say it.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I'm so happy we're friends.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

what are you talking about? she has stated she doesnt eat healthy. she is unable to eat in moderation. and if she isnt eating enough she shouldnt be eating junk. she needs to learn to be an adult and learn to cook and eat healthy things.

an attitude like yours is why people fail/stay fat.