starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• mandachristine
    mandachristine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just started today! Took measurements and a "before" photo. I will definitely be back to this group to keep me motivated!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    hello... everyone I really need some support... I will post a picture this evening... my problem is consistency... I will eat right for 2-3 days and even work out... but then I stop... it's like a yoyo up and down... my weight is between 175-180 lbs and I am 50 years old... can somebody please share with me some tips for this rollercoaster ride I've been on... I would like to lose 50 lbs because I am only 5'2"...

I can tell you what has been working for me, and I've previously been like you in that I only keep things up short term.

For staying motivated, I've got no tips other than to force yourself to do it right when you hop out of bed. That way you don't give yourself time to start building excuses in your head, and you know you've only got to do it for 20 minutes & then you're free for the rest of the day. It's still a drudge getting through the 20 minutes, but once you do it for a few days it's easier to pull yourself through, because you remember how good you felt the days before after you finished it.

& as for diet, my best way of staying on top of a healthy diet is the easiest rule I can think of. Don't bring into the house things you don't want yourself eating. It's as simple as that. I have much more willpower when shopping to say no to foods than I have when I'm sitting at home, twiddling my thumbs, pondering all the deliciously sinful foods I want to cram in my mouth. If those foods aren't there, I have to work with what I have, and if what I have is good food, I can only make healthy choices. That's not to say I don't occasionally make some cookies or muffins or *gasp*, a cake, but it's still made pretty healthy, with less sugar & oil & better ingredients. & since I have to go through the effort of making it, I often talk myself out of the treat from sheer laziness. :p
  • Martha6010
    Martha6010 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love this 30 day shred video really works been doing it for like 2 or 3 weeks i can see the difference in my belly losing inches feel great feel free to add me if you like great job everyone I started level 2 today alittle harder but I can do it:)
  • auntiejack
    auntiejack Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 for me. Had the weekend off doing the DVD but back on it again this morning
  • mrayne13
    Options
    I woke up sore today after doing day 1 of level 1 yesterday, though not as sore as I thought I'd be. My inner voices were arguing with each other..."don't get up... just go back to sleep"...."no, GET UP AND DO IT!" lol so I got up, sulked around in my PJ's for a while and then got dressed and got to work. I found that I was able to do a little more today, and keep up better with the video. And, pushing through it actually helped to alleviate most of the soreness (for now, anyway). Day 2 is done! *whew* now let's see if I can climb the stairs to take a shower =P
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    3 days left until my adventure with the shred is complete :happy:
  • icklebubbly
    icklebubbly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I managed day 1 a few weeks ago...then i ached so much i didn't do anymore and never went back to it...i must carry on and seeing the comments on here i know it will be worth it!!!! Keep up the good work everyone.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Level 2 again today. I've lost count of how many days. 7? 8? Yesterday was a rest day.

I could tell today that I wasn't really pushing myself. I was "phoning it in" as my friend Jillian-the-Barbarian-Michaels would say. And sure enough, when I checked my HRM for the calories burned, I was almost 25% down from my usual burn when I do the Shred.

But I figure 75% of a workout is better than no workout at all.

Oh and... my husband caught me talking to my bicep this morning. :blushing: I had flexed and was saying, "Well! Hello there, you pretty thing." It was kinda funny. :)
  • violet976
    Options
    Day 6 of Level 2, and while it's still not fun it *is* getting easier. I'm still having trouble with the military squats/arm raises, but I made it through ALL of the planks on the advanced versions (though I'm sure I had tired/sloppy form). Although I really hate level two, there is a definite feeling of accomplishment in being able to see yourself do something that 6 days ago felt nearly impossible (mostly, holding the plank positions), so I'd still rate these as a top notch routine for anyone who can pull themselves through the rough parts each time.

4 more days, and I'm thoroughly ready to see what level 3 has to bring. I *think* my stomach might be slightly more toned, and I'm hoping my butt might be inching it's way back up as well, but it's too early to tell without a photo comparison (which I'm saving for day 30).

Thanks for all the motivation folks. It makes it so much easier knowing others are able to pull through this.
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I went back to level 1, so today is day 2. I feel like my form is better than it was in the beginning, and the cardio is easier. I think I'll stay on level 1 this week, start level 2 again next week. I am down an inch on my waist and hips, and half an inch on my thighs, but I am still just absolute JELLO and out of shape.

I am anxious to hear how everyone is doing towards the end. Any before and after pictures yet? Sounds like a lot of you are feeling stronger with more energy, I'm just not there yet. I think I wasn't ready for level 2.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am in :) Currently day 17 level 2 doing it twice a day (level 1 in the AM and level 2 in the PM) Let's do this! ^u^
  • blueeyess55
    blueeyess55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7... It is gettin better.. still don't like jumpin jacks... but dealin with them.. lol
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Did Day 3 today! I'm almost starting to remember everything that Jillian says & the order of the exercises :laugh:

I think it's interesting how some of you mix it up -- I'm just doing Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 10 days, & Level 3 for 10 days before I move onto Ripped in 30 :heart:
  • BrasilianNessa
    Options
    Thank you warsenic

wouldn't know what the 30 Day Shred was without reading your post. Thanks Going to start tonight

" Thu 10/11/12 10:56 PMYou can find 30 Day Shred on Youtube for free on the channel called BeFit. "
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was "phoning it in" as my friend Jillian-the-Barbarian-Michaels would say.

Jillian-the-Barbarian.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • violet976
    Options
    How is everyone elses knees doing? I ended up buying myself some vegan joint supplements because I was starting to feel it in my knees (level 2 especially). Do others already take these or are most not having much issue?
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Just did D1L1 last night. I am slightly sore and even told my co-worker this morning that I felt as though I was walking funny. I have done it a few times before but didn't follow the routine so I still knew what I was in for. I hadn't really planned on following the routine but rather fitting it in when I could...well that was until I read 18 pages of motivation and encouragement from you all so I will now be doing 30DS on Mondays and Tuesdays, cardio on Wednesdays, 30DS on Thursdays and Fridays with rest days on Saturdays and Sundays. I started with 2 pound (I think) weights but I am more than likely going to bump it up to 5 pound weights. I'm looking forward to the results!! :bigsmile:
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    How is everyone elses knees doing? I ended up buying myself some vegan joint supplements because I was starting to feel it in my knees (level 2 especially). Do others already take these or are most not having much issue?

I thought it was just me, because I am so heavy! My knees have gone from being mildly sore during the workout (in Level 1) to being consistently sore after a week on Level 2. And my right knee especially is popping a lot.

Hmmm... I guess it isn't just because I am so overweight.
  • thethingirlinside
    Options
    Day one for me ? So we do it every day or every other day
  • klindema
    klindema Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I need to start this again- attempt number 3! But for anyone with bad backs/knees, I just wanted to give a warning to go slow and modify if needed (jumping jacks! Side lunges! Ouch!). I am determined to go about this without the all or nothing approach this time, so that I'll finish it. I can always up the weight and the depth of the lunges the second time around! Good luck to all- ill be watching for updates!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!