Once I got dumped for

Options

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Not having a job and not having any interest in finding one. I was living off a small inheritance at the time and enjoying it. I now have 3 jobs out of necessity.

edited to add: I'm glad I had the opportunity to not work for a couple months. I'd do it again if I could.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Not having a job and not having any interest in finding one. I was living off a small inheritance at the time and enjoying it. I now have 3 jobs out of necessity.

edited to add: I'm glad I had the opportunity to not work for a couple months. I'd do it again if I could.
    some men are interested in work ethic. maybe they were concerned that it wasn't a lifetime kind of inheritence
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    He decided to become a Jehovahs Witness and told me I was going to burn in hell for having premarital sex. With him..... :noway:

Wow, just wow! :noway:
  • JoannaAndBlue
    JoannaAndBlue Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    He decided to become a Jehovahs Witness and told me I was going to burn in hell for having premarital sex. With him..... :noway:

That is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ESPECIALLY unbelievable since JW's don't believe in hell........ :huh:

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hell fire. If he said this to you, it might have been that he was still learning their beliefs and was confused, or you misunderstood him. They do however, follow the Bible's teaching to abstain from sex until married (or to start abstaining, if previously sexually active, once a person decides to follow the Bible's teachings), which happens to be safer physically and emotionally...no unwanted babies for a single-parent, or STDs, embarrassment, regret, etc.
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    For not giving it up.... BAHAHA! It was an experiment of mine, just to see if ladies who don't give it up really do have longer relationships. Umm... no. The next week I saw him with a "friend" of mine that was well known for 'giving it up". Well played good sir, well played. :drinker:

Never occurred to you that he's just a skeez? No, it was the fact that you didn't 'give it up' that ended things, not his character?
    yay, Pen!
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    um, because dating a girl who was older than him wasn't what he thought it would be like Loose translation- commitment wasn't his thing especially since he was still living with his ex-girlfriend and her new fiance. :noway: Only time I have ever been dumped:cry:
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    um, because dating a girl who was older than him wasn't what he thought it would be like Loose translation- commitment wasn't his thing especially since he was still living with his ex-girlfriend and her new fiance. :noway: Only time I have ever been dumped:cry:
    weird
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    weird

Yep. In his defense he has apologized profusely on facebook for being such a jerk.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I got dumped for "you know that you're absolutely perfect, and I love you very much. I will probably never ever find anyone half as good as you again, but I think of you as a sister" lol
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    For being massively paranoid and falling far too hard far too quickly. Which, to be fair, is a perfectly good reason.
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I dumped my first because he was an *kitten* and his dad was an *kitten*, and he couldn't see it.

I dumped my second because after "dating" for 3 days, he "loved me". Then he told me that his family back home had found another girl for him (Middle Eastern guy) and he would probably marry her. I said, good for you, hope it works out. Then he told me later that this girl didn't exist - he was trying to make me jealous. I found out just recently that he has had a pattern of doing this to most girls he meets.

I dumped the third for being too self-righteous. On top of that, I liked his personality but I was not physically attracted to him. He was better as a friend, and we've remained that way. Until he tried to sleep with me when I was engaged to ...

My fourth boyfriend, now husband!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    For not wanting to go all the way at 13.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I was dumped by an almost year long boyfriend because I didn't have a job(still don't, but am going to be going to school to be a vet assistant in spring), but I think it was also because I wasn't fat enough for him. The girl he dumped me for was way bigger than me(and I was fat then too) and a nurse.........that made me feel only half as crappy about myself.....but also motivated me to lose weight. I haven't been that fat since...
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I've been dumped on more then one occassion for being "sweet"...as in I was simply too good to them..well thats how I do really as someone i'm with deserves the Queen treatment...one ended up getting with another fella who beat her senseless more then once...they are still together too
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hell fire. If he said this to you, it might have been that he was still learning their beliefs and was confused, or you misunderstood him. They do however, follow the Bible's teaching to abstain from sex until married (or to start abstaining, if previously sexually active, once a person decides to follow the Bible's teachings), which happens to be safer physically and emotionally...no unwanted babies for a single-parent, or STDs, embarrassment, regret, etc.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

There are COUNTLESS studies that showcase sex before marriage is integral to healthy intimacy during marriage. Plus this completely skips "contraception" and "safe sex"... you just jumped from "abstinence" to "AIDS BABIES." STDs, unwanted children, and all those other wonderful things you slapped across "premarital sex" are easily avoided with SEX EDUCATION.

Not to mention it's incredibly heteronormative to think that marriage is the only way someone can have a healthy, committed relationship.

If you're going to believe something, fine. But make sure you're believing it for VALID reasons, hm?
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I once got dumped for not being Indian enough.....uhhh hello, Im as caucasian as the day is long... Im pretty sure I was white when we started dating
    Got the I love you, but I'm not IN love with you once too...wtf?

I once dumped a guy because he wanted me to wear his ex wifes perfume (some musk smelling stuff) and her Teddy (sleep wear) before getting busy..... Im all for kinky but thats just too weird:noway:
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    ...a younger model. I was 24 with a much older boyfriend.

Youngest dumped-for-a-younger-model EVER!
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JoannaAndBlue
    JoannaAndBlue Posts: 13 Member
    Options

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

There are COUNTLESS studies that showcase sex before marriage is integral to healthy intimacy during marriage. Plus this completely skips "contraception" and "safe sex"... you just jumped from "abstinence" to "AIDS BABIES." STDs, unwanted children, and all those other wonderful things you slapped across "premarital sex" are easily avoided with SEX EDUCATION.

Not to mention it's incredibly heteronormative to think that marriage is the only way someone can have a healthy, committed relationship.

If you're going to believe something, fine. But make sure you're believing it for VALID reasons, hm?

I never said it was the ONLY way to avoid those things, but was simply pointing out there are positive aspects of choosing to abstain until married and if someone chooses that for themselves, they should not be chastised for it. I never put down someone else's beliefs in my post. I also never said if they were or were not my own beliefs, but was clarifying that the intial posting was inaccurate about the belief of Jehovah's Witnesses. Have a great day!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    When I was in college I started dating this guy I met at a bar (obviously this was gonna turn out really well), and all of the sudden he just started ignoring me for like 2 weeks. Finally he calls me up and tells me that he didn't have time for a relationship because he really needed to focus on the weed he was growing. I got dumped for a marijuana plant.

Dumped. For. A. Marijuana. Plant.

That is the kind of *kitten* that happens in my life.