Online relationships

Options
1235»

Replies

• dygitalgirl
    dygitalgirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    They work great. I can't knock her up and she doesn't have to wash my underwear

You can always mail your laundry to her.

^^ This had me rolling. Sorry, I have no other valuable input because I believe long distance relationships are haaaaaaaaaaaaard.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've been single for so many years and haven't really had any confidence to ask someone out. Recently I found someone on here who lit up my world, and we fell so in love. She's in the USA and I'm in the UK. We talked every day for up to 4 hours! Although we knew it was unlikely we'd ever meet it was great. Now it looks like it's going to end as she wants more than I can give her, as I can't move to the US and she can't move over here. Do people think that online/phone relationships can work?
    I don't think that kind of relationship, beyond friendship, is realistic. If you can eventually get together, then of course. But to go on like that endlessly just wouldn't work for me, no matter how great the person was.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Online relationships can totally work! Living proof!
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've been single for so many years and haven't really had any confidence to ask someone out. Recently I found someone on here who lit up my world, and we fell so in love. She's in the USA and I'm in the UK. We talked every day for up to 4 hours! Although we knew it was unlikely we'd ever meet it was great. Now it looks like it's going to end as she wants more than I can give her, as I can't move to the US and she can't move over here. Do people think that online/phone relationships can work?

Eventually you two are going to have to meet each other in my opinion. The phone conversations and the writing are going to need to be taken to the next level... You will want more, the comfort of each other...
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Some days I wish that mine was an online/phone relationship! :laugh:
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

I do believe you can fall in love with someone for who they are personality wise, and that is what we should fall for.The physical is fleeting.

THIS!!! I'm currently falling for someone i've met online- I find it's a VERY good way to get to know someone completely....now, will it go anywhere? probably not....but it's NEVER a bad thing to connect with someone on a deeper level than anyone you've ever known... As far as a relationship STRICTLY online and never meeting- NO.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Some days I wish that mine was an online/phone relationship! :laugh:

ME TOO!!!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I've been in a relationship with a guy from Canada, today marks the 9 months of dating for us.

I think it works well... .it's just like any other way of meeting someone... .but it's more emotions, no physical. If you can deal with that for a time being... .and you're dedicated, go for it. Don't give up. Obviously, you will get many different answers on here... it depends on the person, how much they want to put into it... You're not the same person as the people commenting "it didn't work out, it sucks, whatever"

COMMUNICATION IS VITAL. If you can't even make time for a skype call/webcam.... you aren't willing enough!

I suggest you make sure your making time. PLAN a meet later, even if it's 1-2 years away. I haven't met my BF yet face to face (only video calls) .... But we do plan on it. If we had issues and couldn't meet, we wouldn't work on in the long run.
    You have to MAKE it work.

Sounds like a lot of issues though, better come up with a plan. She or you have to travel.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I kinda really like someone from here too and we talk a lot too. However if there is no possible physical contact then I wouldn't be in a relationship ;P
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    This story is so sweet!!!! Not to be to cheesy but if you are truly in love with this women you will find a way to be together! It's like a little fairy tale!! Good luck to you!
  • RavenBeauty87
    RavenBeauty87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be one of those people that says "It won't work period" but I'm thinking about your emotions. You feel great when you talk to them but as time passes you know deep down there is no way you can see each other. It is like a Greek poem and they are always so sad. I would hate for you to put all that time and energy into something just to see it dissolve after so much time (which I know can happen with people in the same house) when you could have been searching for someone closer. Not to say don't talk to them anymore but maybe have them for support. Maybe, no disrespect what so ever, you are in love with the feeling you are getting. Not to say you don't have feelings for her. I did this once and he was a state away. We made these promises of meeting and doing this and that (even marriage) and I never dated anyone else or looked at them. I turned down any guy that asked me out. After time went by we both knew what would happen but we didn't say it. After a while it ended and I was heart broken. After I got over him I had that sense of regret because I turned down so many people that could have worked out. I made mistake with other long distance people but I have learned my lesson. I really hope the best for you!!!!