2) No not at all.
    3) No
    4) No
    5) No lol
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll play

1. Did you split amicably: No. I packed up and left without him knowing one day (long story involving drug abuse).
    2. Did you kill each other during the process: I dreamed about it often. He was strung out and psychotic, so it was not fun. Luckily he is now clean and I can get along with him.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating: No, but a week later he had a girl living with him.
    4. Do you regret your decision: HELL NO. I might literally be dead if I hadn't left him. Now I have the person I should have been with all those years
    5. Did you keep your married name? Nope, although I do need a new license.

Seems close to what I had to deal with, he was obsessive compulsive with paranoia and using drugs. Never will have contact with him again. And he had a gf 3 weeks after I left (and during that time, he was still trying to harass me)

Yeah, not fun is it? Only almost dying and detox got him clean. I'm really glad he did for his kid's sake. Drug addicts are a special kind of crazy when they're in it bad.

At one point of our relationship, I chose not to have kids with him because I was afraid of what kind of pressure and stuff the kid would have to deal with, everybody around him had to be perfect. The drug was to deal with his anxiety and he would become even more controlling and verbally abusive.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably: No. Even a decade later, we have to fake it to have a civilized discussion, though we both make a strong effort to do so for the kids.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process: Wanted to. A lot. But, you see, I have a healthy awareness of the consequences for committing crimes, and well, prison, the part where you can't go home at the end of the day didn't really interest me.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating Amongst many other things, yes.
    4. Do you regret your decision No.
    5. Did you keep your married name? yes, easier on the kids that way, I remember the issues of having a different name from my family when I was younger.
  • nyxrun
    nyxrun Posts: 60
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably? Yes - as best as I was able to. We have kids and it was vital to ensure a smooth transition for them.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process? No
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating? Yes, among other things. (e cheated, not me)
    4. Do you regret your decision? No. We were too dam young to get married (I was 18) and have become good friends in the 16 years since.
    5. Did you keep your married name? Until #2 - we hadkids.

1 Split amicably? Not even close.
    2. kill each other during the process? No he tried to choke me before..hence the need for the process.
    3. Due to cheating? No, physical and mental abuse due to alcohol addiction. not to mention his mother. (she seriously contributed to our divorce)
    4. Regret the decision? No. It was the right one. I don't go to sleep scared anymore.
    5. Yes. We also have a son. I kept it for him, not anyother reason.
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably
    2. Did you kill each other during the process
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating
    4. Do you regret your decision
    5. Did you keep your married name?

1. No
    2. No need. I let him have whatever he wanted just to get out of a really horrible situation.
    3. I suspected cheating, didn't have it confirmed until later, but it definitely played a part.
    4. Not for a second.
    5. Yes, as a reminder to never again be that stupid.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    1. Amicably: We did not split amicably. I split stealthily. . . with my son.
    2. kill each other: We did not kill each other. .I had my sword poised. . ready to deliver the fatal blow. . when she dropped to her knees and looked at me and asked me to have some mercy. . . I did. .It was a good decision.
    3. cheating: Yes. .it wasn't me.
    4. Regret: No I did what I had to do and I have no regrets.
    5. Maiden name: She changed back to her maiden name at first. .but then realized that I was a better friend to her than her own father was and changed it back before the end . lol. He disowned her and stopped speaking to her.. At least I engaged her and respected her as the mother of my son. .
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably- no. I waited till he was at work and bolted with police assistance.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process-no. Little contact as possible so there wasn't any time to get angry.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating-Other than the domestic violence yes. He had a problem with trawling online.
    4. Do you regret your decision-Not for a single second ever.
    5. Did you keep your married name-Changed as soon as I could.
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    1) Amicably? No not really
    2) Kill each other? No. We didn't speak so we got along great.
    3) Due to cheating? No, but rather than woman up and accept responsibility for her part in the failure of our marriage, she told anyone who would listen that she had caught me cheating.
    4) Regrets? Absolutely not. I have spoken to this person maybe 3 times for a total of 5 minutes since the day I moved out (1994), and my life is that much better for it.
    5) Name change? I had it included in the decree that she no longer use my name....she no longer deserved that privilege. (no children involved)
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    yes
    no
    no, open marriage, "cheating" couldn't exist
    no
    she has so far, prolly wont if she gets remarried
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Not a reply , but....Im really sad how many married people cheat on their spouses. In even just the small amount of replies so far there is a lot of unfaithful people out their :( ...its just sad.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

1. yes
    2. no
    3. i don't know but she's married to the guy i pushed her to go out with all the time but i still go to her for haircuts lol
    4. her decision and I'm glad it happened.
    5. she kept it till she remarried
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Options
    Not a reply , but....Im really sad how many married people cheat on their spouses. In even just the small amount of replies so far there is a lot of unfaithful people out there :( ...its just sad.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Options
    Accidently double posted while editing.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options

1. Nope. It was all me
    2. Nope
    3. Nope
    4. Hell no!!
    5. I never changed my name in the first place!
  • lisasshmisa
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably ;Oringinally and then it became a nasty obsession of him hating me for leaving
    2. Did you kill each other during the process ;wanted to or someone else to but its illegal so didn't,plus the kids needed him for a dad
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating; yes.he cheated on me in the same room and moved in with her a few weeks after I left
    4. Do you regret your decision ;no, it was the best decision of my life infact
    5. Did you keep your married name?couldn't wait to get rid of his name attached to mine,the idea sickens me,the children have his name and my maiden name as their middle name anyway
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Not a reply , but....Im really sad how many married people cheat on their spouses. In even just the small amount of replies so far there is a lot of unfaithful people out there :( ...its just sad.

It's not always sad. In my case, it was empowering. It gave me back my self esteem and provided the strength and the courage to escape a very abusive and controlling man. I do not regret for ONE MOMENT cheating on my ex. Truthfully, it probably saved my life.

I do not believe cheating on my ex makes me a bad person. Nor do I believe in the tired adage about once a cheater, always a cheater. I am currently in a 17+ year relationship with a very loving and caring man. It has never crossed my mind to cheat on him.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Partly
    4. No
    5. No, I never changed my name to begin with.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Yes, he's a decent guy. Just a horrible husband
    No
    Yes, among other things...he refused to grow up and couldn't figure out why I didn't want to go to the club every night. I was raising our son alone.
    no
    Yes, until I remarried
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably? We are OK, but I still think she a c*nt.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process. No. We agreed in advance on everything, so there was no fighting. I am a master negotiator, so it was easy because she's bad at it. Plus, I used her guilt against her.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating? No. It was due to her being a stupid @$$hole.
    4. Do you regret your decision? I didn't have any say in the matter.
    5. Did you keep your married name? I'm a guy, so yes.
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    And the good thing is...

We all survived and we're working our butts off to be better versions of ourselves!!!

YAY us!!!