How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Sailor Moon Forum. Been together for going on 7 years.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    At a mutual friends house playing quarters with beer. That was 21years ago :)
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    he came to a party at my house and then he never left, still together after six and a half years, no wedding yet ;p
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    High School 40 years ago.............................:-)
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I saw him around a few times and then we met in a library at uni - he was coming in through the out door as I was trying to leave, we got together a week after that and we're still together almost ten years later xx
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    AT school we are till together after 10 years DEC 18th.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    We were in AP US History in high school together. He sat behind me :)
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Took me a minute to understand what SO meant. I'm silly. Ha, but I met him in college! I eyed him up all of the time in the dorms we lived in and thought I didn't have a shot solely based on our majors (he's a chemical engineer and I'm an art education major! ha) but he asked me out and it has been pretty good ever since! (been over a year!)
  • jlfox165
    Options
    I was a police officer following up on an accident and was at the hospital where she worked in radiology. It was love at first sight!! :love:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    hi5 actually.... I was a pop-up ad.... one one where its like "These 9 singles want to mee tyou today!" and my picture was the one right below the [x] to close the screen but he clicked on my picture by accident... I had completely forgot I had a profile on that thing until I get this random message from him... we've been together for 5 years ever since... true story

Really funny and cute story!!

Man I just read through all 19 pages of these, they're just great. I guess it goes to show that when you wind up with the right person, that's what makes the story special. :smile:
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I met my now husband at a bar. He was with another guy I knew who was drunk and acting really stupid. I was not impressed. I ran into him again (at the same bar) and we talked and hit it off. I invited him to accompany me to a friend's wedding and we have now been married for 28 years.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    At work. I was already in a relationship, but things were not going great. I had a good friend at work and this guy was just constantly asking questions about me (that I knew later). He finally gave me a 3 page letter at lunch time before leaving on a Friday. Totally not his style to do something like that! And that was it! We've been together for 7 years now. And Love is getting stronger everyday...
  • brenpope
    brenpope Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    my husband and I met through AOL chat room. Been together 11 yrs now, married 9 of those years :) He lived in NJ and I was in CT, and he drove up here on vacation to meet me, moved here 6 months later and never went back.
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    met my hubby at subway Oct. 2005, married in Jan. 2006....still happy and going strong
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Kendrazombie
    Kendrazombie Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I met him at a party at a mutual friend's house and then again on MySpace (about a year later) after my ex husband and I had decided to get a divorce.
  • caseyg9888
    Options
    We sat next to eachother on a 7 hour flight to Hawaii :-)
  • Wannabeachday
    Wannabeachday Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Met my fiance on a tattoo website. I lived in Texas he lived in Philly. We did long distance for almost 2 years. He finally made the move here :) Been together 4 years this New Years :)meandpat.jpg
  • v65magna
    v65magna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Introduced by ex husband while we were still married.
  • peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    I haven't met mine yet, but the story of how my parents met one another is really cool!

My mom was in London, having just moved there from Tokyo, Japan to study English. My dad was in London because that was where he worked as a geologist. One day they were both on the train together someplace, (strangers at the time) and my mom left her poster paper she needed for a project on the train. My dad then noticed right as the doors were about to close, grabbed the poster paper and ran after my mom to give it to her making him late for work. She thanked him, and my dad saw how she couldn't speak English very well so he offered to help teach her and show her around sometime.

And the rest is history! They dated long distance a few months after that since my mom had to go back to Tokyo, but once they got back together my dad proposed to her and asked if she wanted to move in with him in his house in Texas. I was born 11 months later <3