Team UK - March 2010

Options

Replies

• erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, it sounds like you're all doing really well. Unfortunately that pound I lost is back. Urgh! I think I am basically plateauing at the moment because I've been around 166/167 for aaaaaaaages now. Gotta keep plugging away I guess. Gym tonight - but a trip to Strada tomorrow...gotta stay away from the wine so I can try and limit the damage! Got a night out on Saturday too for my hubby's birthday. We're off to the Drummond in Guildford.:drinker: Gym in the morning then! Follow that with a visit to my Granny's and the force feeding I always get there on Sunday and I very much doubt I'll be dropping anything this week! :sad: Hopefully I can at least stay the same.

Hope the rest of the week is good for all of you. :bigsmile:

Erika x
  • hallswan
    hallswan Posts: 90
    Options
    A group of girls at work are signing up for Race For Life in July. I'm gonna do it with them, but... I'm not a runner or jogger. I just don't have the stamina and would love to jog the whole 5k.

Any advice?

The best thing about Race for Life is that you can walk around the course if you want - just do the best that you can!

If I were you, go out and walk for a minute - run for a minute - for 30 mins (that way you do 15 mins running). Over time, improve on that - run for 1.5 mins - walk for a minute - then run for 2 mins and walk for a minute - do this over a month or even 2 - listen to your body!

Next thing u know - you will be running for 5 minutes - walking for a minute - or you could be doing 15 minutes - walking for a minute and you will find the 5 k a doddle!

Just have fun - raise some money - I am going to do it to, and I can't run for the next 2 months cos of my ankle op - so if I just walk the whole course that will be fine :)
  • TanTan1985
    Options
    A group of girls at work are signing up for Race For Life in July. I'm gonna do it with them, but... I'm not a runner or jogger. I just don't have the stamina and would love to jog the whole 5k.

Any advice?

The best thing about Race for Life is that you can walk around the course if you want - just do the best that you can!

If I were you, go out and walk for a minute - run for a minute - for 30 mins (that way you do 15 mins running). Over time, improve on that - run for 1.5 mins - walk for a minute - then run for 2 mins and walk for a minute - do this over a month or even 2 - listen to your body!

Next thing u know - you will be running for 5 minutes - walking for a minute - or you could be doing 15 minutes - walking for a minute and you will find the 5 k a doddle!

Just have fun - raise some money - I am going to do it to, and I can't run for the next 2 months cos of my ankle op - so if I just walk the whole course that will be fine :)

Thanks Hallswan, that's good advice!

Good luck with your op :happy:
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Oooo Can I join this group please?!?!
    I'm from the U.K.!!

:flowerforyou:

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Any advice?

Running is great exercise and its brill to have a goal in mind. Many websites offer free trianing plans (see below), which are great for getting you started, trick is to break it down and do a bit at a time. You will be amased how quickley your fitness will improve.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/six-week-beginner-5k-schedule/67.html

I am no runner.... I hate it, but did the Manchester 10k last year... it was hard work and hated every minute, but got it done in 1 hour 7 mins and raised £500 for charity!! Am doing it again this year and aiming to do it in under 1 hour!!!

Good luck, and try to enjoy it!! Ha!! :tongue: :ohwell: :tongue:
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    I'm from the U.K.!!

508926.png

Hi there and welcome to a great group.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, it sounds like you're all doing really well. Unfortunately that pound I lost is back. Urgh! I think I am basically plateauing at the moment because I've been around 166/167 for aaaaaaaages now. Gotta keep plugging away I guess. Gym tonight - but a trip to Strada tomorrow...gotta stay away from the wine so I can try and limit the damage! Got a night out on Saturday too for my hubby's birthday. We're off to the Drummond in Guildford.:drinker: Gym in the morning then! Follow that with a visit to my Granny's and the force feeding I always get there on Sunday and I very much doubt I'll be dropping anything this week! :sad: Hopefully I can at least stay the same.

Erika x

Hi Erika,

The drummond hey! I love it in there..!! Im going to the Rum Wong at the top of Guildford town for dinner tonight - not sure what im going to have but hopefully i wont have too much!! Ill make sure i work up an appetite at the gym!! :happy: And no booze for me.. Ill be driving! Very excited though - havent been there in almost a year!

I hope you have a lovely evening!! :flowerforyou:
  • erikazj
    Options

Erika x

Hi Erika,

The drummond hey! I love it in there..!! Im going to the Rum Wong at the top of Guildford town for dinner tonight - not sure what im going to have but hopefully i wont have too much!! Ill make sure i work up an appetite at the gym!! :happy: And no booze for me.. Ill be driving! Very excited though - havent been there in almost a year!

I hope you have a lovely evening!! :flowerforyou:

When we lived in Guildford we lived round the corner from the Drummond. We like it because it's not too pricey, but still has nice food and drink. A lot of our friends still live in Guildford so it made sense to do his birthday party there.

Enjoy your meal. I've never been to Rum wong...hope it's good!

Erika x
  • sdscouser
    Options
    :explode: Not a good day. I have been in the office since 7am and I am here until 6pm. just finished my last meeting at 4:30 only to realise that I have not had lunch. All that is on offer is a few chocolate biscuits. I had to have them :explode: I am not happy but I am off to play in a volleyball match tonight so I have to have something. Sometimes work just gets in the way of living.

I hope the rest of you have had a good day with whatever you have been upto.

Steve
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm from the U.K.!!

508926.png

Hi there and welcome to a great group.

Thanks very much, nice to be on board!!
    Hope your all doing well with your goals, I'm plodding on with yet another detox diet, last day tomorrow!!
    Can't wait for Friday!! :o)
    Results of weight loss and can have a little treat!!
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    Another 3lbs lost today! :smile: Takes the running total to 24lbs in about 2 months! :drinker:
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Another 3lbs lost today! :smile: Takes the running total to 24lbs in about 2 months! :drinker:

EXCELLENT!!!!!! I have had a sneaky weigh in today and I have lost 1lb this week. Not great but it is still a loss. I just hope that when I weigh in officially tomorrow that it is still off.
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options

EXCELLENT!!!!!! I have had a sneaky weigh in today and I have lost 1lb this week. Not great but it is still a loss. I just hope that when I weigh in officially tomorrow that it is still off.

I'm sure it will, Steve. Good work on the loss! I've lost 1lbs in a week before and was disappointed, but at the end of the day it is still a loss and it's better than not losing anything or even gaining, so well done mate and good luck for further weight loss tomorrow! :-)
  • dax58
    dax58 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Nice one mate. Cant complain about that loss :)
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I hope you all have lovely weekends, Mine has taken a different turn.. I was meant to be going to Nottingham but due to the boyf being ill i will have to wait another week.. it will be 5 weeks since i've seen him next weekend.. getting kinda hard to deal with.. need to stay away from temptaions (not the male temptation) this weekend, because i have a horrible feeling i will turn to the chocolate.. and i really dont want to.. need to be strong.. or ill just buy a pack of 20 n smoke! :smokin: .. bad times

Oh well..

Ill be on over the weekend to keep track of things... although a bottle of rose sounds like a dream right now!

Oh and happy mothers day to all you mums out there!! xx x xx :flowerforyou:
  • erikazj
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I hope you all have lovely weekends, Mine has taken a different turn.. I was meant to be going to Nottingham but due to the boyf being ill i will have to wait another week.. it will be 5 weeks since i've seen him next weekend.. getting kinda hard to deal with.. need to stay away from temptaions (not the male temptation) this weekend, because i have a horrible feeling i will turn to the chocolate.. and i really dont want to.. need to be strong.. or ill just buy a pack of 20 n smoke! :smokin: .. bad times

Oh well..

Ill be on over the weekend to keep track of things... although a bottle of rose sounds like a dream right now!

Oh and happy mothers day to all you mums out there!! xx x xx :flowerforyou:

Sorry to hear that your plans have had to change. Good luck with keeping on track over the weekend.

Weighed in today, and to my complete and utter shock (especially considering the Pizza and glass of wine last night) I have lost 1.8 pounds. :noway:

I'm not entirely sure it will stay off, but fingers crossed. I'll be off to the gym tomorrow morning before hubby's birthday celebrations.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Erika x
  • crispy1990
    Options
    Hello everyone

Been pointed in this direction by a post by 'scouser' !
    Have been using the site for nearly 2 weeks and everyone seems so full of support for each other. :happy:
    I have yet to weigh myself as I am too scared in case I haven't lost anything and even more concerned about what to dish up for friends who are coming to supper on Saturday & lunch out for Mothers Day on Sunday
    HELP!!
    Karen
  • Elkiefluff
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Is there room for another one on here?
    I've been 'thinking' of doing something to shift the extra few pounds that have snuck on but now sick of waiting for the 'round to-it' to arrive.
    I lost a stone and a half last year on Lighterlife Lite and felt wonderful. Managed to keep it off but since Christmas the odd pound has crept up on me and now I'm noticing that the skinny fit clothes I treated myself to are getting a little lumpy!
    To get back to my 'happy weight' I need to lose 7 pounds. However, being summer soon (hopefully) and a trip to Florida in August I would like to get to 10 stone which is a total of 12 pounds to lose.

I'm a full time lecturer in a local college, have two sons and in the middle of doing a degree so don't have a lot of time for exercise.
    I'm also a gadget geek and am madly in love with my iPhone - so will be using the app a lot!

Hopefully being on here will motivate me to getting back into shape.
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Is there room for another one on here?
    I've been 'thinking' of doing something to shift the extra few pounds that have snuck on but now sick of waiting for the 'round to-it' to arrive.
    I lost a stone and a half last year on Lighterlife Lite and felt wonderful. Managed to keep it off but since Christmas the odd pound has crept up on me and now I'm noticing that the skinny fit clothes I treated myself to are getting a little lumpy!
    To get back to my 'happy weight' I need to lose 7 pounds. However, being summer soon (hopefully) and a trip to Florida in August I would like to get to 10 stone which is a total of 12 pounds to lose.

I'm a full time lecturer in a local college, have two sons and in the middle of doing a degree so don't have a lot of time for exercise.
    I'm also a gadget geek and am madly in love with my iPhone - so will be using the app a lot!

Hopefully being on here will motivate me to getting back into shape.

Welcome to a great group. The people here do really help when times get hard.
  • Elkiefluff
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! Hope you all got flowers and not chocolates like me. I specifically told them not to get me anything edible and so I got a beautiful bunch of tulips.

Got MIL/FIL round for dinner tonight so will be trying to keep myself occupied all day and away from food so I can enjoy my dinner with everyone else. It;s a lovely day and a long walk along the seafront might be just the thing.

Have a nice day everyone!