Any one reccomend a great crockpot recipe?

Options

Replies

• Linzight
    Linzight Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • Melinda925
    Options
    Bump for later
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love crock pot recipes. Cant wait to try some of these!
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • heather_9931
    Options
    bump
  • heather_9931
    Options
    bump
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    One of my favourites:

The Nutcrocker-slow cooked peanut ginger chicken in the crock pot-Looneyspoons Cookbook
    1 C. medium salsa
    1/3 C. light peanut butter
    2 T. frozen orange juice concentrate
    1 T. reduced sodium soy sauce
    1 T. honey
    1 T. grated gingerroot
    1/2 tsp. curry powder
    12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
    Chopped green onions and chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)

Whisk together salsa, peanut butter, orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, honey, gingerroot and curry powder in the crock of a slow cooker. Place chicken over sauce. Turn pieces to coat both sides with sauce. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or high heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until chicken is tender. Garnish chicken with chopped green onions and chopped peanuts, if desired.

I serve it over rice or quinoa and peas on the side. It makes 6 servings so works great for lunches!
  • grecogab90
    grecogab90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    1 lb stew meat (beef)
    1/4 c beef broth
    4 c broccoli (1 frozen bag)
    1 packet of onion soup mix.

Put everything in except the broccoli (unless it's fresh, in which case, toss it in too), cook 4-6 hours, add frozen broccoli 30 minutes before finished. Enjoy with noodles or over rice or quinoa.

Skip the beef broth, add in a can of condensed soup with the onion packet, the meat will make you it's own gravy. I do the same thing with a rump roast, carrots, potatoes, crm of mushroom soup and lipton onion soup. Wonderful pot roast.
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    these look sooooo yum!
  • roohill
    roohill Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    CROCKPOT ALFREDO CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND SPINACH
    4-6 large boneless chicken breasts
    Seasoning salt, to taste
    16 ounce jar Carb Options Alfredo Sauce *
    3 cloves garlic, cut in half
    1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, cut in half
    Garlic powder
    Freshly ground pepper
    Fresh parsley, chopped
    4 1/2 ounces fresh spinach, about 1/2 bag

Place the chicken in a slow cooker and sprinkle on both sides with seasoning salt. Add the sauce and garlic; mix to coat the chicken with the sauce. Place the mushrooms on top of the chicken; sprinkle with a little garlic powder, pepper and parsley. Cook on LOW about 4 hours or until the chicken is done. Add the spinach and cook just until the spinach starts to wilt. If your chicken breasts are quite large, you may be able to cut each one in half and get about 8 servings.

* If you can't get Carb Options Alfredo Sauce, you can use a brand like Ragu. Add about 1 extra carb per serving.

Makes 4-6 servings
    Do not freeze

Per 1/4 Recipe: 357 Calories; 20g Fat; 32g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
    Per 1/6 Recipe: 238 Calories; 14g Fat; 21g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

Since I don't care for Alfredo sauce from a jar, I was pleasantly surprised at how good this tasted. It was also very easy to make. I didn't have fresh parsley, and honestly it was so full of flavor I didn't notice. Super quick and easy, and so so good. I found this 2 weeks ago and tonight was the second time I've made it. My husband loves it. He put some on a whole wheat wrap and said it was really good that way too.
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • eshla
    eshla Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump - always looking for new ideas.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I just made minestrone in the crock pot the other night and it was amazing. Actually, it's 95% crock because you need some cooked pasta, so the other 5% is boiling some beforehand. :)

We got this from the food network. It yields four VERY generous servings and depending on the brands and the size veggies, etc you use, each serving is about 310-350 calories. I cooked it on high for 4 hours and the carrots were a little tough, so next time I will go the 8-hour, low route.

Also, it was a bit on the dry/thick side, so I added an extra cup of broth towards the end. Not sure if that was a result of the high temperature, so maybe the low route will give a soupier texture without the extra liquid.

3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
    1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
    1 (15-ounce) can white (cannellini or navy) beans, drained
    2 carrots, peeled and chopped
    1 celery stalk, chopped
    1 cup onion, chopped
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon dried sage
    2 bay leaves
    Salt and ground black pepper
    2 cups cooked ditalini pasta
    1 medium zucchini, chopped
    2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen spinach, defrosted
    4 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

In a slow cooker, combine broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, sage, bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.

Thirty minutes before the soup is done cooking, add ditalini, zucchini and spinach. Cover and cook 30 more minutes. Remove bay leaves and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.
  • kwitbellyakin
    Options
    I want to make a roast, choose roast that will fit in crockpot. take 1 pkg dry brown gravy mix. 1 pkg ranch dry dressing mix, 1 pkg onion dry dressing mix, combine the three dry mixes. sprinkle over roast in crock pot, add 1 1/2 cups water cook on low6-8 hours, This is called "To Die for Pot Roast" and it is awesome. Add veggies as you like. The spices really tenderize the meat.