LADIES: Do you believe you are beautiful

Options

Replies

• OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    to quote my mother when I was 17: "I mean you are cute but I wouldn't call you beautiful" yep that has stuck with me -
    I would say I can look somewhat attractive with make-up - without it I just looked washed out - but typically dont care because I hate putting it on!
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I wear it daily, especially to work and if i'm going somewhere.... At home I rarely do, but that's just cause i'm too lazy to put it on. I'm definitely more confident with it..... To me it's not really about being beautiful or not, but more about the way I feel with it on.
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    <~~~ needs makeup to survive!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm beautiful either way. I do think I look younger without make-up, but I'd still never call myself beautiful.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    No. I prefer to wear makeup all the time (there is a rare day where I'm not leaving the house that I won't wear anything, but if I'm going out, I'll wear some). If it's a weekend and I'm just running errands, I'll do lighter makeup but yes, always makeup. Not only do I not feel myself without it, I do feel much more attractive with it.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use the word "beautiful" to describe my physical self, with or without. I am not completely unattractive without though :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Yes and I rarely wear it.
  • lmjonesga
    lmjonesga Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't feel nearly as attractive without it. I often kid that "God made eye makeup just for me". I am learning though that confidence is truly the most beautiful thing people can wear. :)
  • IESHA12
    IESHA12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    NO MAKE UP FOR ME...I MAY WEAR EYESHADOW ON SPECIAL OCCASION...BUT IM MORE NATURAL ON A DAILY BASICS...
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    I never feel beautiful without make-up. Even with make-up most of the time I feel like I look hideous! The only time I don't wear any is if I'm just lounging around the house.
  • madworld1
    Options
    I wish I could. But, I have had acne since I was 10 or so. It was never extremely bad cystic acne. But, it was bad enough to discolor my face. I literally get anxious if someone stops my house and I have no makeup on. It is unhealthy, I know. The holidays are always difficult because I can't go without makeup around certain people.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    good god no. the only makeup i wear is heavy black eyeliner and it's because i have a mild form of trichotillomania... i pull out my eyelashes when i get stressed...... so if i go out with no eyeliner on people think something is horribly wrong with me. i can't leave the house without it, and if i do i find out REALLY quick from the stares.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You are VERY beautiful!!

I usually wear some light foundation and blush, but on the weekends or when I'm doing outdoorsy stuff, I usually don't wear it. And yes, I think I'm beautiful.. most days. :)
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    As long as my skin is clean and fresh, eyebrows nicely shaped, etc, I think I'm perfectly lovely without it and so does my husband.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    No. I don't think I'm beautiful and I never wear make-up. I wouldn't know how even if I tried.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yes I do believe I am beautiful without it. I think we all should.

I usually only wear it for "going out"
    This. My profile pic is me without makeup.

^^ Both of those! I keep some makeup with me but generally don't wear it.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Im pretty darn sexy with or without make up. I was born with awesome features and I love every bit of them. I say unless you look like Oprah without make-up on, embrace your natural looks! Don't let society define the way you feel about your self. You don't have to look like the cover of a mag to be pretty. A lot you girls in this thread who claim to look ugly or feel gross without it actually look pretty darn hot to me, and make-up has nothing to do with it. Get some self-esteem for crying out loud!

Disclaimer: I am NOT anti make-up. I'm a girly girl who loves getting dolled up.
  • alaty211
    alaty211 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel beautiful w/o makeup, I do wear it but i really dont like wearing it alot.I am self conscious abt my freckles and age spots on my face I prefer to fix this permantley, not just cover it up.

Anyone here can add me too, I like to have more friends!

:) xoxo!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Without makeup on? Or do you feel the need to wear makeup anytime you leave the house?
    I personally don't mind running errands without makeup on but I never go to work without it or anywhere else important.

I'm attractive, but I am not any out-of-the-ordinary beauty. I'm okay with that though and quite comfortable being of average looks.

I do wear makeup when I go to work and put in a nice pair of earrings and make an effort to look put-together. The only time I don't is when I'm working out or camping or doing something outdoorsy.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    I think I look fine without makeup. I never ever wear it. Not even for formal occasions unless I absolutely HAVE to, and that decision is usually made by my mom.