Girls with large frames progress pics please ?

Options

Replies

• tabathavm
    tabathavm Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ive read somewhere if your wrist measurement is 6 in and greater then u are large frame.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Some say that if you put your middle finger and thumb around your wrist and they cant touch, you are large framed. Other people say that is BS and there is no such thing as "large framed".

I am 5' 7" and once upon a time, I weighed 150lbs. I had to starve myself to get that thin, I was skin and bones, totally unhealthy, and looked horrible and I STILL wore a 36D bra. Other people would consider that overweight. I think that I have a large frame... big man hands and feet (not sexy AT all), broad shoulders, child bearing hips (wide across from hip bone to hip bone), etc.

I dont have pics... sorry. I have lost 35lbs and am down from a size 22W to a comfortable 18.

SW - 257 (SNUG 22w)
    CW - 222 (comfy/loose 18)
    1st GW - 199
    Ultimate GW - 175 - we will see what happens after that.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It also depends on your height. For the average woman it would probably be more than 6" wrist equals large frame. For women taller like me (above 5'10") it is more like 6.5" or more. Same for women who are shorter, you'd cut the average down a bit. Something along those lines.
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    i agree with the wrist measurement thing. but ur bones have to stick out. u can try ur elbow too.
    i think some people have bigger and smaller frames but it changes your goal size by like less than 10kg (20lb). so only people close to their goal should be worried about frame size. if you have more than 10kg (20lb) to lose, then frame size isn't going to change much.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Wow we r a lot alike in sizes and stuff. I am 5'7 and large frame I look great at 175 and peeps would consider fat at the wt but I am not
    Some say that if you put your middle finger and thumb around your wrist and they cant touch, you are large framed. Other people say that is BS and there is no such thing as "large framed".

I am 5' 7" and once upon a time, I weighed 150lbs. I had to starve myself to get that thin, I was skin and bones, totally unhealthy, and looked horrible and I STILL wore a 36D bra. Other people would consider that overweight. I think that I have a large frame... big man hands and feet (not sexy AT all), broad shoulders, child bearing hips (wide across from hip bone to hip bone), etc.

I dont have pics... sorry. I have lost 35lbs and am down from a size 22W to a comfortable 18.

SW - 257 (SNUG 22w)
    CW - 222 (comfy/loose 18)
    1st GW - 199
    Ultimate GW - 175 - we will see what happens after that.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    It also depends on your height. For the average woman it would probably be more than 6" wrist equals large frame. For women taller like me (above 5'10") it is more like 6.5" or more. Same for women who are shorter, you'd cut the average down a bit. Something along those lines.
    I must be off the scale because my wrists are 6.5" and I'm 5'4". Lolz. My hips are large too and my elbow breath, another way to measure frame, is large at 2.75in too.

http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html
  • lindyjo324
    lindyjo324 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been told that I have a large frame too and that my goal weight of 160 might be too low for me! I was totally thrown when my rheumatologist told me that and then a few weeks later a nutritionist said that too. I also wondering what qualifies as large framed. I'm only 5'5" so not very tall. I always used to used to say that I wasn't fat, I was just big boned, but I was just kidding! The next time I'm at my regular dr's office, I'm going to ask him about the large frame thing. I thought 160 would still be a little high for my height because according to the charts that I've seen, that's still on the overweight side for my height.
  • CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I came across this:

Instructions
    Warp your thumb and longest finger on one hand around your other wrist. Be sure to wrap around the smallest part of the wrist.

Compare this measurement to the following test: If your thumb and finger overlap, then you are small-framed. If they touch, then you are medium-framed. If they have a gap, then you are large-framed. This is the first body frame size test.

Use body frame size test two: Measure the smallest part of your wrist, using a tape measure. You might be able to do this on your own, or you might need help.

Compare this measurement to the following chart for women: If your height is under 5 feet 2 inches, then a small body size will have a wrist measurement of less than 5.5 inches; a medium body size will have a wrist measurement from 5.5 to 5.75 inches; a large body size will have a wrist measurement of more than 5.75 inches.

For women whose height is 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 5 inches, a small body frame will have a wrist measurement of less than 6 inches; a medium body size will have a wrist measurement from 6 to 6.25 inches; a large body size will have a wrist measurement of more than 6.25 inches.

For women whose height is more than 5 feet 5 inches, a small body frame will have a wrist size of less than 6.25 inches; a medium body frame will have a wrist size from 6.25 to 6.5 inches; a large body frame will have a wrist measurement of more than 6.5 inches.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    This wrist stuff is nonsense. I have tiny wrists and huge hands and can easily overlap the fingers. But my shoulders are very very wide, my hips are wide. Same way my calf muscles are huge but my ankles are really thin.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    My wrists were large when I was heavier everyone said.....you just have a large frame but now...I have lost 120 pounds now everyone say I have a small frame
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Ok....so one of the big things i learned while losing weight...

I am NOT large framed, or big boned...or whatever. Always thought I was....wrists were over 7"...finger and thumb deal never mattered...I have long fingers...so it's worthless.

Now my wrist measures 6.25. I'm average framed for my height...5'8.5". I personally only hear of people saying they have a large frame when they are overweight. Anyone in the healthy weight range seems to be medium. Huh. :)

This is 268-201...I am now down to 194 and a jeans size smaller than the after pic. I should do a new set.

Collages.jpg
  • tjmist
    tjmist Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    umm... can't you lose weight in your wrists!!?! i always thought i had a "large frame" but i now think that's just a cop out. sure there may be people who have bigger bones than others, but the difference in size and weight is negligible.

the take away = no such thing as a larger frame, only fatter wrists
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love this thread and it's gone a little quiet so I thought I would post my update pics from earlier in the week.

My goal is 160-165 pounds (73-75kgs). Started at 277.2 pounds (126kg) 14 months ago and I am currently 183.9 pounds (83.6kgs).

A bit about my path so far...

Diet-wise, I tend to keep my calories on the higher side - trying to net an average of 1700 over the course of the week but focus on whole foods - plenty of fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, meat, dairy - try to avoid anything overly processed. I work out 4 to 6 times per week (normally 5), a mix of HIIT/heavy weights with my personal trainer, spin classes, jogging, cross trainer and circuit training.

Before

22jan20110352.jpg

Now

mejan13_zpsdc38b936.jpg

mejan134_zpsa1268f9d.jpg
  • emma1002
    Options
    hi, im 5 7 and would consider myself to have a large frame, even at my smallest (size 6-8 uk) i was 9 stone, i have broad shoulders and look awful at anything smaller than a size 10.

this calculator may be helpful to anyone with a large frame trying to figure out a healthy goal weight

http://www.womenshealthandfitness.com.au/desirable-weight
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and have a large frame. I just measured my wrist at 7". I wear a size 12 shoe. I'm 155 pounds and on the small size of a size 8. My jean inseam is a 34. I think there is a very real thing as a large frame. I'm certainly not a small frame by any stretch.
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can friend me and look at my profile pic. I'm a large frame. 5'3" and my doctor said a healthy weight for my build is 140-150. here is what I have done so far:

SW: 212
    CW: 155
    GW: 145
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any test but I know I have a large frame. The width of my body is very wide, I have extremely broad shoulder and a broad back. I am only 5'8 but wear a size 13 women's shoe. My head is large, so I can't wear any one-size fits all hats if it's not made of stretchy material. My hands are very big.

Because of my large frame, I carry my weight well. Most people are shocked to hear that I weigh over 200 lbs. I currently weigh around 215 lbs. My goal weight is around 150 lbs but I am starting to think that's too low because of my large frame. When I weighed around 175 lbs I looked much smaller than my weight suggested.

My daughter is 10 years old, is 5'10 and only weighs around 125 lbs, but I can tell she also has a large frame. She already wears a size 12 women's shoe. Her bones feel dense and heavy. When she was a baby, a lady at the clinic said she was very solid, whereas most babies are fluffy/airy.
  • purplecharm
    Options
    I love this thread and it's gone a little quiet so I thought I would post my update pics from earlier in the week.

My goal is 160-165 pounds (73-75kgs). Started at 277.2 pounds (126kg) 14 months ago and I am currently 183.9 pounds (83.6kgs).

A bit about my path so far...

Diet-wise, I tend to keep my calories on the higher side - trying to net an average of 1700 over the course of the week but focus on whole foods - plenty of fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, meat, dairy - try to avoid anything overly processed. I work out 4 to 6 times per week (normally 5), a mix of HIIT/heavy weights with my personal trainer, spin classes, jogging, cross trainer and circuit training.

Thanks for reviving this thread. Most people don't understand that there is a such thing is a large frame also known as "big bones".

You look fantastic and carry your weight well. May I ask what your height is?
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" almost on the nose, just slighly under, and my wrist is about 6.375, guess that makes me large framed.
  • purplecharm
    Options
    Is the wrist test accurate? I have long fingers so my finger and thumb touch and an overlap, but my frame is still large.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!