LADIES: Do you believe you are beautiful

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    I don't own make up.... there is my answer.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    It's taken me a long time (I'm 44) to get to the point of not wearing makeup and feeling beautiful. I have used makeup to cover up my "flaws" for years, and have just recently realized that I do not need it as much as I thought I did. I do, however, never leave the house without brow pencil/powder, as I have tweezed them so much over the years that they are kind of non-existent otherwise and it makes me self-conscious. But I am much more comfortable not wearing foundation or powder these days and try to go without as much as possible. I do like to do up my eyes pretty dramatically when I go out, though. :bigsmile:
  • I used to have horrible skin and felt so self conscious without makeup on, but as soon as I started eating properly and working out regularly a few years ago, it cleared up! Felt so great to be able to walk out of the house without feeling like I had layer upon layer of makeup on my face!
  • jennahowden
    jennahowden Posts: 34 Member
    Haven't left the house without foundation on since I was about 13. Back then it was just a cheap liquid one because it's all I could afford. I've been wearing a light powdered one for the last 6 years. Some people just aren't blessed with nice skin..
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    I think I'm just an average jane without it. And ghastly pale.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Yes, I do. Makeup is fun to play around with and can hide blemishes on the bad days, but I like showing off my natural beauty!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    I wear mascara almost every day.
    But there are definitely days that I don't wear it. And I still get hit on LOL so I must still look decent :p hahah. Seriously though, I know I look just fine with or without makeup.
    For going out - I love to do lots of makeup - by "lots" I mean a couple layers of mascara, sometimes eyeliner, and bright eyeshadow.
    If I have a pimple, I will use coverup, but that's it. And I haven't had pimples in a while (thank goodness).
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    I do, without a doubt. Its taken a while to gain confidence, but most of the time now, I barely wear make up. And when i do, its light. I have found that men are not fond of the "clown" make up look.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    While I do think I look better with make-up on, I simply can't be bothered most of the time!

And, if I rarely wear make-up, my face rarely breaks out, so that's a big plus.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    I didn't leave the house today and still have my face on.. hmm.. I don't know. Makeup is just part of my routine. I shower, put on make up and blow dry my hair. Every day. Every. Single. Day. It's just what I do. I don't think I'm hideous without make up but I don't think that I look like "me", either.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    i never grew up wearing it, so i don't wear any. maybe twice a year out of 365 days, lol

I feel like if you like me, you're gonna have to like the imperfections(there are many) on my face as well, haha
  • I rarely wear makeup although I can say that it definitely boasts my confidence when I have it on!
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    I have tricky skin so this is problem for me both ways. I feel self-conscious without make-up but on the flip side I feel self-conscious with make-up. Without it I feel like people are staring at my uneven skin tone or one of many of my HUGE zits (Deep down inside I know they are not). With make-up I feel like my pores become more noticeable and I become oily faster so then I feel like dirty clown in it.

With all that said, overall I feel beautiful without it. I tend not to obsess with other peoples opinions of me even when I believe them to be negative. I frequent places with a nude face and generally feel just fine about it :)
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    My husband thinks I am beautiful, period, so I'll go with that. I do wear makeup most of the time, because we have to wear all black at work and I am very fair-skinned, so I need a little colour or I look like a vampire (the non-sparkly kind). I tend to wear lots of colourful, exotic jewelry (six inch dangly earrings with feathers, anyone?) or scarves and bright lipsticks and eyeshadows to combat the bleak blackness everywhere else. COLOUR ROCKS!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    I wear eyeliner daily. Without it I feel washed out.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    No I have melasma on my face and makeup and concealer doesn't cover it well
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    I don't believe I'm beautiful at all

But I rarely wear makeup unless I'm going somewhere "special"

But no, I don't put on makeup to go to the grocery store or docs office or whatever.
  • Wannabeachday
    Wannabeachday Posts: 122 Member
    I don't feel beautiful at all without some kind of makeup. I had really bad acne growing up so I am not comfortable leaving the house without some foundation and eye liner.
  • Yes. I used to always wear at least mascara but now I am bouncing between the gym and being a mum for the day so I can't be bothered...I like keeping make up for special occasions now ....I have no make up on in my profile picture and it's unedited. I don't think there's anything wrong with it :)
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    I almost never wear makeup and on the rare occasion that I do wear some, it's eyeliner and eye shadow only, nothing else. I would hate to cake my face with that stuff every day.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Never wear it, unless I have a blemish to cover up.
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Hahaha I don't even know how to use makeup!
    I don't know how I'd look with a face full of makeup but I like my face fine without it :)
  • I dont leave the house without makeup I feel better with it on and I know good and well I look better with it on lol
  • I dont like to leave the house without some sort of foundation atleast, because I have a decent amount of acne scarring and i still do get zits. I don't think if its a matter of me not liking how I look enough to go out without any makeup - I like my facial features and my body, but the acne scarring is something that isn't necessarily my fault and is something that WILL change (it's not like i hate my cheekbones so i HAVE to enhance them, or something like that)
    So do I feel beautiful without make up on? Depends on the day. I love my actual features, I just hate the scarring.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    I never wear make up, and yes I think I am beautiful without it.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    I think I've worn makeup maybe 20-30 times my whole life. My skin has always been one of my better features so I just never felt the need. Plus, I'm too lazy, haha.
  • ariesmom07
    ariesmom07 Posts: 57 Member
    Now that I have kids and stuff I have changed alot. I will leave the house without makeup whereas I didn't used to...in fact I wouldn't dream of it! But I honestly don't think I am pretty without makeup and I don't give a damn lol. But I have to have makeup on in order to not feel like a hideous beast.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Never had a major problem with my face, well, besides my dumb nose, since my hatred is towards my body instead but just for the lulz/feeling more girly, I wear just brown eyeliner and black mascara for work/social outings.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    I believe I am. I wear makeup about once a month, if I'm going someplace special.

My roommate wears it every day. After years of this habit, her skin is starting to pit. It looks rough. Now she "has" to wear it because of what it's done.
  • I personally don't like to go without make up. That being said, I do not wear very much. I have skin problems due to PCOS and I like to at least have tinted moisturizer, it helps even everything out and helps to make things healthier.
    Everyday: tinted moisturizer, tinted chapstick, eyelashes curled with a little mascara

My husband doesn't like when women where a ton of make up, otherwise I would probably wear more. I think I look far better with some make up on. There is a huge difference in what it can do. I do struggle with self esteem though. I feel very awkward compared to other women, always have. I think I am missing some beauty secret that everyone else has seemed to figure out...
    There are times when I feel very beautiful and sensual, but usually not.