LADIES: Do you believe you are beautiful

Options

Replies

• On the inside?

Absolutely!
  • dominikaro
    Options
    Some days I feel beautiful, and some days not. And it has nothing to do with make up.
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I mostly wear just lipstick & sometimes mascara but I feel beautiful with or without makeup. I feel like I don't know how to apply eye makeup so it looks nice so I don't even try.
  • sicoe17
    sicoe17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn makeup in probably a decade, and then I only wore it 3 times a year or so.

But then again, I generally only loosely fit into the category of "ladies."
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I try to tell my teenage daughter that less is more with this. i almost never wear makeup except special occasions. To me beautiful is natural and healthy. However when you get older you do use lose the natural glow :grumble: . When I do try makeup I feel I look "made up" and that's just not attractive in my own eyes. I'd rather look natural than young if that's the choice lol!

To all the younger women on here who spend a lot of time in front of the mirror with beauty products- try to find your confidence NOW. You RADIATE beauty!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I can do either. I like to wear make up because it makes me feel girlie. Being in the military I wear the same thing as the guys always so the make up is a way to make me still feel like a girl in uniform with my hair pulled back and up. I look at myself and do not feel beautiful like I used to but that is my size not my face. =)
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Never really wear it - maybe mascara and lipgloss/tint? Otherwise I feel like a clown
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Some days I feel beautiful, and some days not. And it has nothing to do with make up.

^ This. Except I never feel beautiful /:
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    For the most part I think I am beautiful whether or not I have make up on. It wakes me up a little bit if I put it on before work ( not much just mainly blush and mascara). =)
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I will wear makeup to work and when I go out with friends and such. for errands I won't.. I think I look ok still.. :P
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    think i look good with or without it..i do wear it everyday though but somedays (if im not in work) ill just have bit of blush & mascara..light, natural look.
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think I look ok without it, I will go on errands without it on a lot, I do look "finished" when I have it on though. As far as everything else, I struggle with not comparing myself to others. My husband tells me I am beautiful every day though :)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I dont like to leave the house without some sort of foundation atleast, because I have a decent amount of acne scarring and i still do get zits. I don't think if its a matter of me not liking how I look enough to go out without any makeup - I like my facial features and my body, but the acne scarring is something that isn't necessarily my fault and is something that WILL change (it's not like i hate my cheekbones so i HAVE to enhance them, or something like that)
    So do I feel beautiful without make up on? Depends on the day. I love my actual features, I just hate the scarring.

YES THIS^^^ I would love not to have to wear it , but my acne scarring is bad , if it wan't for that I would rarely wear makeup :cry:
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I always wear it, but I've never felt beautiful with or without makeup. It just makes me look better.
  • Sharotomic
    Options
    Ow yes i believe that am beautiful.without make up on,and i feel fantastic without it,but i wear it only on special occasions.

The pic on my profile pic is me without make up on
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I dont like to leave the house without some sort of foundation atleast, because I have a decent amount of acne scarring and i still do get zits. I don't think if its a matter of me not liking how I look enough to go out without any makeup - I like my facial features and my body, but the acne scarring is something that isn't necessarily my fault and is something that WILL change (it's not like i hate my cheekbones so i HAVE to enhance them, or something like that)
    So do I feel beautiful without make up on? Depends on the day. I love my actual features, I just hate the scarring.

YES THIS^^^ I would love not to have to wear it , but my acne scarring is bad , if it wan't for that I would rarely wear makeup :cry:

We need to figure out some kinda cure for acne scarring!
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

We need to figure out some kinda cure for acne scarring!
    [/quote]

I've had luck with certain oils and herbs. (I know, "oils" sounds terrible for your skin, but there are certain oils that really defy logic and don't cause my skin to BECOME oilier/break out.) Lemon juice can be beneficial in fading scars. I use a handmade foundation that contains aloe vera, vitamin E, etc., that has done wonders in just a few weeks at fading some of my scarring/clearing up current breakouts. (I order it from Etsy.)

Tea tree oil, sandalwood, rosewater, vinegar, lavender oil, rose hip seed oil, etc., can all help if you apply them consistently. Give it a try! You might be surprised.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Without makeup on? Or do you feel the need to wear makeup anytime you leave the house?
    I personally don't mind running errands without makeup on but I never go to work without it or anywhere else important.

I think I look horrifying without makeup. My skin is so uneven. I won't bother putting makeup on for small errands, but I always wear make up to work. Even to the gym, I'll admit.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Honestly, most of the time.
    I was always told my my family that I was the only one that did not need makeup, because my features are so prominent.

So, when I do wear makeup, it is usually only mascara, because I honestly look ugly most of the time if I wear more than that.
    I'm not even wearing makeup in my pp.
  • hypocritelecter
    hypocritelecter Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I need makeup on, all the time (when outside. Inside my own house, not so much). Foundation and mascara minimum, usually with bronzer for contouring, subtle eyeshadow in my crease and the inner corners, and either lip gloss and/or eyeliner depending on what I'm running low on. My skin looks horrid and I have a very plain face, so from the age of 12 to present I've felt the need to do myself up regardless if I'm going outside for errands, to meet a friend, or to do something fun. I have a host of mental disorders that skew what I perceive to look like, so by no means am I thinking this about other people. I'm envious of all of you bare faced beauties.