cardio is pointless in my opinion

Options

Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    OP is the reincarnation of Bobby Clerici. KEEP PUNCHING!!!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a fatty, and I need to train for the Zombie Apocalypse.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    emmOo.gif
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    "Balance is stupid. Everyone should focus on what *I* think is important. If they don't they are dumb and weak."

Really, if you want to promote an idea use the relevant facts, not just "butthurt" statements intended to troll.
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I run because I have 5 kids at home and it's the only way I get out alone... you can't make me stop. But I will admit I love what lifting is doing for my body.

I don't have 5 kids, but I do have a 6year old, a husband, 2 dogs and 3 cats..and I run for the same reason! lol To have some quiet alone time!
  • brewstar10
    brewstar10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 30lbs in 4 months, had my blood pressure go from 145/95 to 118/80, lost inches off my waist, gained endurance and lung capacity, and lost my double chin doing only cardio so I choose to disagree.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    your_opinion.jpg

AHAHAHAH <3 you for this.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Both are important. But for OPTIMAL results, there is a hierarchy issue as strength training should be prioritized over cardio. Doing too much cardio can make lifting days suffer, so there is a fine line. If fat loss is your goal, the name of the game is maintaining as much LBM you have, so you won't necessarily build any muscle (unless you were completely sedentary and/or have muscle memory). Even whilst bulking, cardio will help the gains somewhat lean, unless you're a behavioral ectomorph. And as stated above, cardio is good for the heart, but so is strength training if you lift with intensity vs. taking too much rest in between sets.

^agreed

LISS cardio has its place. Cardio is just a name for many things. CF=Cardio IMO
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    High blood pressure, heart disease, heart attack. . .the ability to take more than 5 steps without getting winded.

Oh, wait, I forgot that the only conceivable reason to exercise is weight loss. :noway:
  • 6packb450
    Options
    Do you want to see obituaries of friends of mine... in their 40s-50s dead of a heart attack? One of my best friends had 100% blockage of 2 aortas. Works out like a fiend, in the weight room. Why did it happen? He did NO cardio, ate crap!

Diet and exercise has it's benefits.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I do cardio for heart and lung reasons but also because I like it.

I also lift weights AND do cardio and I have yet to have my lifting "suffer" from doing this.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaand there goes 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I like cardio because I want a healthy heart and lungs lol.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    5/10 for troll effort.
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Cardio = weight lifting for your heart.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'll also add that when the zombie apocalypse happens, you may be able to pick the zombie up and chuck it through the air but we will be able to outrun them. :P
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    They serve two different purposes. Cardio vascular health is important for overall health and longevity. So I wouldn't tell anyone that it's pointless.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaand there goes 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Just like when you do cardio

ZING!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    why use all your energy tying to create a deficit in your body to lose weight? why not just channel that energy to muscle development.

and before anyone gets butt hurt, i kayak and cycle every weekend.

unless you are in a sport that requires aerobic fitness, then yeah there is a point, but other then that just a waste of time.

Hate to tell you, but cycling is an aerobic - i.e., cardiovascular - activity. Finding the right proportion of each is important and is unique to the individual. So bashing one over the other is pointless.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Do you want to see obituaries of friends of mine... in their 40s-50s dead of a heart attack? One of my best friends had 100% blockage of 2 aortas. Works out like a fiend, in the weight room. Why did it happen? He did NO cardio, ate crap!

Diet and exercise has it's benefits.

So sorry about your friends.... It must be very tough on you. :heart: