Why is it ok to bash skinny people but not fat people?!

Options

Replies

• joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    people should just be encouraged to be healthy instead of feeling pressure to gain or lose weight. it isnt healthy to be too over weight, it isnt healthy to be too underweight but not everyone has control over these things. i gained a hideous amount 2 of the many reasons (the 2 most reasonable ones) being i had no idea i had an underactive thyroid and also i ended u with agoraphobia and didnt leave the house for a few yrs, sorting it now obviously thats why im here but i get no end of criticism for it! but then i have a friend who eats 2-3times more than i do (for4 years ive been around 1500 cals now at 1400) she can easily double this and NEVER gains weight and she gets told how horribly thin people think she is. she isnt thin shes slim. just like obese isnt curvy thin isnt slim x
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Why is it okay to tell someone smoking "oh that is so bad for you, you really should quit", but not okay to tell someone that "Oh, that is so bad for you, you really should eat less"
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    All thanks to the "politically correct" lie, I believe.
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    Bashing isn't okay from either side. The fat ones bash the skinny ones to feel better about themselves and vice versa.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    People like to be Elitist about something.

If they are fat they dog you for being too skinny, because God forbid they be doing anything wrong.

If they are a non smoker they dog you for smoking, because their lifestyle is one hundred percent correct.

People like to feel superior, even if they have to manifest their superiority in various pointless ways.

Pretty much fill this in for anything.

Long story short, haters gonna hate.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Being obese is not ok. Most people carrying extra weight know this however and often are doing something, or at least trying, to do something to adjust this. No need to poke fun at them.

Equally, the same applies in reverse to slim folk too.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Equal opportunity bashing for all!!

Haha, yup!

Not that I bash people to others or to their faces. But I have bashed in my head, skinny people, fat people, ugly people, pretty people. Not to harshly and not regularly, it's just something people do. Maybe it's the competitiveness that people have. If you see a person bigger than you, than you have "won" that race, but if you see someone who is smaller, they are beating you. I know it's not a race I was just trying to figure out in a sentence or two why I do this. BUT, I would never, ever gang up on someone or gossip about others in a group of people for one's weight, that's tacky. I can think of a million other things to talk about, then someones weight, skinny or fat.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Skinny girls are people toooooooo.
    ~ 101lbs and 5'10

I just took a peek at your profile. You're striving to be ninety-nine pounds. What an awesome goal. How healthy.

This right here is exactly what OP is talking about.

So what if her goal is weigh 99 pounds? Thats her ideal.. and maybe it's not yours but you still shouldn't say anything about it.

To OP:
    Your point was demonstrated perfectly in the post above.

Leave people alone and worry about you.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Being obese is not ok. Most people carrying extra weight know this however and often are doing something, or at least trying, to do something to adjust this. No need to poke fun at them.

Equally, the same applies in reverse to slim folk too.

love this answer.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Our society has accepted obesity as the norm, not skinny people. Even when you are lean, fit, healthy, people say you are too skinny. I agree, there is a point where too skinny can be unhealthy and unattractive. But even when it is a healthy, fit, lean it goes against our society. Once you become fit you are going against the grain and I don't believe this is going to end any time soon. Our society has embraced inactivity, an over abundance of food, magic pills that don't work, wishful thinking, and weight loss surgeries.

Agree.

And I'm not American, but that the impression you guys make in your country. You have big problem with obesity and instead of fighting with it you kind of accepted it and make yourself proud of it. This term BBW is killing me, it's wrong on so many levels.

Also agree. Our country is disgusting, and frankly it makes me ashamed that we accept it like it's not big deal. All of the 3rd world countries are going to end up overtaking us because we are going to be too fat to do anything about it.
    You're joking right?

Please tell me that you are.
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The best option is to stop bashing people around. :smokin:
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

THIS
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    CmyLR.gif

can't . . . look . . . away . . .
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    CmyLR.gif

i ....know .....what ....you ....mean.. haha
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I don't bash anyone, Karma is a *****.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    Skinny girls are people toooooooo.
    ~ 101lbs and 5'10

I just took a peek at your profile. You're striving to be ninety-nine pounds. What an awesome goal. How healthy.

This right here is exactly what OP is talking about.

So what if her goal is weigh 99 pounds? Thats her ideal.. and maybe it's not yours but you still shouldn't say anything about it.

To OP:
    Your point was demonstrated perfectly in the post above.

Leave people alone and worry about you.

LOL.
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Heavy people get bashed on all the time. Not justifying that anyone should be bashed, but yeah... not sure where you live, but around here being heavy is not fun.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    it can be a bit annoying, especially when your BMI is in the health range. mine is 22, and i get some "too thin" comments sometimes. not too many, though; most people are pretty supportive.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    CmyLR.gif

me either.. I keep wondering what the h*ll it is she's doing exactly. lol
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    it can be a bit annoying, especially when your BMI is in the health range. mine is 22, and i get some "too thin" comments sometimes. not too many, though; most people are pretty supportive.

You're a man and for me that is very relevant--I'd probably be one of the "too thin" commenters.